PDA

View Full Version : Still no voicemail 3 weeks after install

fluffychick
29-05-2007, 20:04
I moved house on 5th May and Virgin came to transfer all of my services on 6th. The phone and TV worked fine straight away (and now I can access on demand which I couldn't previously). I had to make a brief call (to India) to get broadband working, because the installers left a cable modem when we were previously connected throught the STB, and the set up CD didn't do what it was supposed to.

What has never worked at my new address however is my 1571 voicemail. I rang two weeks ago and spoke to someone who seemed to be having trouble finding my account, who told me that it took several days for voicemail to activate.

I waited until yesterday to call back. Once again it took an age for them to find my account and then the guy in faults said that it wasn't a fault because voicemail was showing as 'pending install', and he put me through to customer service. I don't think the lady that answered could find my account either and asked me if I had had the installation yet (how can they not know that they have been providing me with 100's of TV channels, broadband internet and in and outgoing telephone calls for nearly 3 weeks?), and she asked me to hold, which I did for the couple of minutes before she gave up and put me back in the call queue, where I was asked to type in my phone number, before coming through to a gentleman who most certainly could not find my account and told me as much. He asked if I was ex Telewest or NTL and when I said NTL he said I had come through to the wrong office. I asked why, when I had entered my phone number to identify my account, had I been connected to the wrong office, but he had no answer to that. He was about to give me another number to phone when I flipped and told him that I was not about to explain the problem to a 5th person and that he could find the person who COULD help me and get them to ring me. He said that nobody in his office could help and that I needed the ex NTL office. I reminded him that he worked for a communiactions company and that I was sure he was capable of contacting another office and that I expected a call within 30 mins. He said he didn't have my phone number (funny that, as , like I just said, I had been asked to enter it on my telephone keypad). I gave him my number and hung up. 10 or 15 minutes passed when a very pleasant lady phoned me. I was very pleasant back which must have thrown her, as she had obviously been warned about my mood! Anyway, she could see that voicemail was 'pending install' whatever that means, and asked if I had actually requested the service. I mentioned that I had asked for all of the services at my old address to continue and that they must have known this as they all appeared in the contract I was sent to sign and return. She said she would activate voicemail and to allow 24 hours.

Guess what? 24 hours is up. It doesn't work. I phoned customer service. They said it shows as active and put me through to faults. A few minutes on hold the girl agreed that it didn't work and has emailed the technical department who will 'format' the line within 48 hours.

So I've now spoken to 7 people. I still don't have voicemail (that I'll shortly be getting billed for (or maybe not since they don't seem to know that I even have an account and that they have installed services here)).

I had high hopes that customer service would improve when they rebranded - I've always had good service from Virgin Mobile. But it is the same old NTHell.

I should have just used the satelite dish left on the house by the previous owners.

smarty
30-05-2007, 08:36
It took about 6 weeks for my Voicemail to become active following the installation in December 06. I was on the 'phone to NTL (as it was then) almost every day and was told to "Wait 24Hours and it will work"...well it never did.
Eventually I spoke to a very helpful CS rep. in India and he said "I am not going unitll your service is working", and within two minutes!! - it was.
Don't be fobbed of with having to wait, it CAN be done quickly.

On a different subject I also asked to have Caller ID enabled, which was part of my original package, and paid extra for, only to be told after about 2 weeks of phone calls to CS that the service is not available in my area!!

Back with BT again now...and no problems.

fluffychick
30-05-2007, 19:52
It's fixed finally. I had a call on my mobile to tell me.

Really cool new voice too.

Just wish it didn't have to be such a frustrating experience being passed from call centre to call centre and fobbed off with poor excuses.

chickendippers
30-05-2007, 20:05
Don't forget that it's only a rebrand, they haven't fired all the staff and replaced them with new people, or replaced the equipment ;)

russell@home
09-06-2007, 10:22
Wow!

This whole post sounds exactly the same as my problem.

I had a call yesterday telling me that the service was now working. Guess what??? I called my phone this morning, get told about 4-5 times that calls to this number are being diverted, then get a message saying that the line didn't have voicemail!!

Getting really peed off now!!

cibijohn
12-07-2007, 16:56
Hi

I also have a similar experience. I moved my house last month. They disconnected my existing connection on a monday morning and made me to live without broadband, telephone and tv. On wednesday, one serviceman came and installed telephone and television at the new address and its working fine. He check the broadband connection and said, its fine and you can just plug the computer and it will be fine, and he left. And when I connected the computer, it doesn't work. When I contacted the customercare, they said, a service person has to come in and the next available appointment is after 2 weeks. No other option, but waiting. After 2 weeks, the service person came and fixed the problem(2 minutes job;)).

The same way, the CS person told me that my records are not available with them as I am an old NTL customer, and they transferred to a different office. Again on QUEUE. HOW STUPID! :mad:
Now my voicemail service is not working. I think I need to contact the CS for this.
The CS is a real pain. They will spoil our whole day. And a borring music as well. :Yikes: