PDA

View Full Version : Text messages

vonn555
27-05-2007, 11:18
Several times over the past few weeks I have had an automated phone call informing me that a mobile number has left a message for me and I should press a number on my phone to receive it.

I do not know anyone who would leave text messages in this way, and I do not know how to replay the automated message to hear mobile number again that has called.

Was wondering if this is a scam?

Paul K
27-05-2007, 11:20
Quite probably, most likely you press the button and then all of a sudden you find your phone bill seems to expand rather rapidly.

Graham M
27-05-2007, 11:24
Quite probably, most likely you press the button and then all of a sudden you find your phone bill seems to expand rather rapidly.

How would that happen?

SnoopZ
27-05-2007, 11:51
When i used to get them there was an option at the end of the phone call to not receive anymore text messages like this.

Pedro1
28-05-2007, 04:08
Sure sounds like a scam to me.
Normally you would text back STOP to those things am sure.

m8internet
28-05-2007, 11:55
I had this a few weeks ago
I contacted VM and they advised that without the incoming phone number they couldn't do anythign about it, which I thought was unusual as I had the date and time of all the calls received, and I don't receive that many calls!

So I contacted ICSTIS and they advised that the telephone provider was clearly at fault, and so they contacted VM for me
An hour later VM contacted me and said they were working on it
I asked why when they were suddenly working on it, and advised they had escalated my complaint
Yeah, lier, lier, pants on fire!

The automated calls continued for a further two or three days, then suddenly stopped
I've not had any since