PDA

View Full Version : I am gonna get sued !

amilo
26-05-2007, 22:46
Engineers came 4 weeks ago to connect me up with tv phone and broadband.

Engineers needed to cut through tarmac on a pulic path but never had a disc cutter with them,they did the install and used the green conduit to protect the wires and said they would return in 2 days to burry cable.

One week later I contact customer support to explain no engineers have returned and they have no idea of any problem,they say engineers now booked for 6 days time.

6 days later engineers turn up to cut tarmac on public path and burry cable.

They take one look at it and say "sorry we need council approval"

They tell me virgin customer service will be in touch in a couple of days.

7 days later I contact virgin who say they have no record of my problem and if I hold the line they will contact area manager for me.

2 minutes later operator returns to say manager has gone home and a deputy says they will be out in a couple of days.

This was a couple of days ago.

the cable is running from a public pathway that hundreds of people use everyday and I can stand in my kitchen window and see people tripping over it.

What should I do because this is not getting resolved and I have had to get out my house insurance policy to see if I am covered if someone sues me.

zing_deleted
26-05-2007, 22:52
You will not get sued VM will you have done everything possible with VM. I would consider reporting this to your council and get them to get heavy on VM.
:welcome:

any chance of a pic?

MovedGoalPosts
26-05-2007, 22:53
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

It's not your fault if the installation was left unsafe. If it's been laid incorrectly over a public pavement then Virgin Media, or it's contractors should be liable, not you, as you didn't do the work.

Cable Forum does have means of escalating some issues at a senior level with Virgin Media. If you can send me some details by PM, we'll see what they can do. However due to the bank holiday weekend, I suspect our contact won't be around till at least Tuesday. Please send me your account address including postcode, account holder name and a daytime phone number.

zing_deleted
26-05-2007, 22:56
1 whole minute to slow Rob ;)

amilo
26-05-2007, 23:19
Thanks for the replies guys.

I will take a pic in the morning when its light and post it;)

At least you will know what it is,most people point at it look at it going in to my house and say "What the bl**dy hell is that":D

zing_deleted
26-05-2007, 23:40
yeah it will be good to see a pic. We are getting a few horror stories about installers lately. Im guessing they dont expect clients to complain but leaving a cable across a path whats that all about ?