PDA

View Full Version : Just had V+ Installed.Problem with HD

TeessideKeith
26-05-2007, 14:52
I have connected the hdmi cable to the box and my tv and when i have went on the bbc hd channel i have went to display settings and changed it to hdmi then it asks if i want to test settings, i p ress yes then the screen goes black then it comes back but the settings have gone back to widescreen instead of hdmi.....This is done on AV2, I thought i would have to use hdmi channel on my tv to use hd,,, PLEASE HELP

Paul K
26-05-2007, 14:55
Are you connected via HDMI cable and nothing but HDMI cable?

TeessideKeith
26-05-2007, 14:56
I have a scart lead from box to tv aswel

Downloads
26-05-2007, 15:24
I have a scart lead from box to tv aswel

I'm no expert but you don't need both and i believe there is an option which says auto detect scart which might be your problem. Just remove the scart altogether. HDMI carries both picture and sounds so no need for the scart at all.

martin42h
26-05-2007, 17:12
Why didn't the VM tech set this up for you - he should have done.
Anyway, to help try the following.
Set the V+ to any channel and make sure you have a picture via the SCART lead. Go to Display settings and change to HDMI and (say) 720 for the resolution. Press OK to test the settings. If the TV doesn't auto select the HDMI input (some do, some don't), select it. If the picture is OK, press Text on the V+ remote (bottom right) to confirm the change. If you like, you can then unplug the SCART as you won't need it anymore as the V+ upscales SD channels to the HD resolution you have selected (720 or 1080). Finally, you can select BBC-HD and sit back and enjoy......

Ernie_C
26-05-2007, 18:35
Oops already answered!

TeessideKeith
26-05-2007, 19:25
I got it sorted thanks guys. I must admit though i dont see a difference in HD