PDA

View Full Version : Sim with best to offer for £10

Quam256
25-05-2007, 12:05
I need a sim so my son can get in touch when he needs to .Idealy as many mins and texts as possible and will carry over if not used.
Thanks in advance.

dcclanuk
25-05-2007, 12:09
I need a sim so my son can get in touch when he needs to .Idealy as many mins and texts as possible and will carry over if not used.
Thanks in advance.

The Virgin Media/mobile one? 300 mins 300 texts for £10 a month???

Quam256
25-05-2007, 12:57
I dont want to be on a contract.
It will not always be needed ,and want the option to top up when needed.

mentalis
25-05-2007, 13:08
Some mobile companies keep giving away SIMs. I haven't looked at the terms properly, but here's a t-moibile free SIM:

http://www.t-mobilesimgiveaway.co.uk/?WT.mc_id=ON_QM_D_TMN

Pia
25-05-2007, 13:28
I'm on an Orange plan where if i put £10 a month on my phone i get 300 texts, 600 orange to orange mins after 7pm and 1mb wap, but it was special at the time one Christmas they might do it again though or you could ring and say you were recommended it and can you have it, blag blag lol.

They still do it without the minutes though, you get 300 texts and the 1mb of wap but no minutes, if you put more on you get more texts http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/payasyougo

dragon
26-05-2007, 23:57
Thanks in advance.

I know the o2online ones you can get a load of texts or minutes depending on how much you top up each month.

Don't think the unused ones carry over however you still get the credit to use and that stays on the phone like pretty much any other prepay phone (i.e you have to make/receive one call every x number of days)

So even though the inclusive mins or texts (you can choose which you want) don't nessecerily carry over there would still be the credit that could be used up before the need to top up again.

Oh and o2 are giving away the simcards http://freesim.o2.co.uk/messages.php

Ronin
27-05-2007, 08:28
A Virgin Mobile payg sim may be the best option for you, you won`t get any free mins/text with it (unless they have an offer) but if you set up a direct debit you will only pay for what you use. I rarely use my sim but it`s nice to have the option to use it at any time without the need to buy vouchers, at the end of the month you recieve a bill from Virgin Mobile telling you how much they will be taking from your bank account.

dragon
27-05-2007, 10:41
A Virgin Mobile payg sim may be the best option for you, you won`t get any free mins/text with it (unless they have an offer) but if you set up a direct debit you will only pay for what you use. I rarely use my sim but it`s nice to have the option to use it at any time without the need to buy vouchers, at the end of the month you recieve a bill from Virgin Mobile telling you how much they will be taking from your bank account.

Can you set a spending limit though....

Since the OP is giving it to their son, wouldn't want a nasty shock when the bill came in

Ronin
27-05-2007, 12:07
There is a credit limit but i think it`s quite high (mine is £200), i guess it comes down to how responsible the person you are giving the sim to is.

dragon
27-05-2007, 12:33
There is a credit limit but i think it`s quite high (mine is £200), i guess it comes down to how responsible the person you are giving the sim to is.

Can Virgin to put a spending limit on the account if asked?

Ronin
27-05-2007, 14:13
I don`t know to be honest, i found this on the Virgin Mobile website

You can chat through the details around your credit limit with our team anytime you like. Just give us a call on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone.

rexie
28-05-2007, 12:15
When I set one up for my daughter and myself I noticed that they had loaded them both jointly for a £200 limit and I made them lower it to £50. I don't thnik it goes lower than that.

Quam256
28-05-2007, 12:50
Can you set a spending limit though....

Since the OP is giving it to their son, wouldn't want a nasty shock when the bill came in

Very true.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

A Teenager.:Yikes:

It was more for making the odd call or in a emergency,if that is possible with a teenager.

tripple
28-05-2007, 13:31
I have a Virgin contract on a cash back offer from e2save, so it works out at £5 a month for 250mins and 300 texts, and that included a phone. You can get some pretty good offers if you dont mind waiting a few months for the cash back.

http://www.e2save.com/o2-mobile-phone/Samsung-/D600PMCL

homealone
28-05-2007, 15:38
I like to keep things as simple as possible & bought a Tesco Value Mobile SIM.

The special offer of the card plus £10 airtime for £5 looks ok, atm

http://www.tescophones.com/sim-only/

As said it will only do talk & text & is UK only, but 5p per text & 15p a minute calls are to all networks at all times.

The main disadvantage on this tariff is that you are tied to topping up via Tesco, but it can be done online or by phone with a credit or debit card.

Richy99
31-05-2007, 14:57
i picked up a vodafone payg sim and if you spend £5 during the week, monday to friday then from midnight after friday to midnight on sunday you get unlimited txt messages and phone calls

Wod
25-07-2007, 17:31
I dont want to be on a contract.
It will not always be needed ,and want the option to top up when needed.
Its not a contracted deal...

Jules
25-07-2007, 20:26
Vodafone have a thing were for £5 a month you can have 4 numbers (all must be vodafone ones) and any calls between the phones are free....yep thats right free I think you can have 6 people on it for £7 but not sure on that one.

Me my fella and son have been part of this for a few months now and it is great :tu:

jcw00
25-07-2007, 20:39
When I set one up for my daughter and myself I noticed that they had loaded them both jointly for a £200 limit and I made them lower it to £50. I don't thnik it goes lower than that.

Correct £50 is the lowest.

on in an hour!
25-07-2007, 20:47
The Virgin Media/mobile one? 300 mins 300 texts for £10 a month???
that deal finished on 30/06/07.the £10 sim deal now offers 100mins/100texts per month.:( still not bad though,comparitively.also you can ask for the 100mins/texts not to go over on to the credit scheme (£50 being the lowest they can set it) rather when theyre up they will give you a top-up card,i have 2 friends on this deal from virgin at the moment.