PDA

View Full Version : Moans And Pet Hates Part 4

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Stuart
21-05-2007, 11:26
Well, Part 3 was getting a little long, so, moan away.

zing_deleted
21-05-2007, 11:30
Damn no one is gonna look back at my last moan is now my pet hate today ;)

Halcyon
21-05-2007, 11:32
My moan of the day: Not having enough time to get everything done. The day is going way too quickly.

Stuart
21-05-2007, 11:33

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34310495-post1189.html

Paul K
21-05-2007, 11:35
People that moan that people can't see their last moan...... :p:

icestar2
21-05-2007, 11:38

LOL :)

zing_deleted
21-05-2007, 11:39

ha bloody ha ;)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34310495-post1189.html

I wasnt serious ;)

dilli-theclaw
21-05-2007, 16:51
My N80 is dead.... took it out the drawer and it won't charge or turn on :(

Theodoric
21-05-2007, 17:17
Inconsistency in capitalisation of nouns in thread titles. :)

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

And pedantic posters. :)

MadGamer
21-05-2007, 17:17
My N80 is dead.... took it out the drawer and it won't charge or turn on :( Could you send it back to Nokia for a battery replacement? Assuming it is the battery of course. :)

Maggy
21-05-2007, 19:00
Having had bunged up sinuses all last week they now have unbunged and I have a river of mucus roaring down my throat.This in turn has led to a sore throat and a particularly evil choking cough.:sick:

I would just like a week of feeling normal..No aches,no pains,no infections and no feeling knackered.I wanna be 17 again...Well I'd just like the body back.

Druchii
21-05-2007, 20:30
Feeling unwanted at times seriously sucks :/

Graham M
21-05-2007, 20:32
*Bearhugs Druchii* (In a non-gay way)

Druchii
21-05-2007, 20:34
*Bearhugs Druchii* (In a non-gay way)
Cheers Zeph. Needed that :)

Maggy
21-05-2007, 21:00
Feeling unwanted at times seriously sucks :/

Wanna swap bodies?:erm:

Druchii
21-05-2007, 21:19
Nah Coggy, that's okay. I actually know how this one works, another one would just be confusing :p:

Hugh
21-05-2007, 21:30

You've got a corpse in the cellar as well?

I thought it was just me............... :D

multiskilled
21-05-2007, 23:49
Drivers who indicate right at rounder bouts when they are going straight on.

Xaccers
22-05-2007, 13:48
Why is it a package can come all the way from Hong Kong, pass through customs safely, only to be lost at the local ParcelFarce depot? grrr

multiskilled
22-05-2007, 19:08
Today's moan

People who call a technician out, rather than read an instruction book.
(40 mile round trip, I cover a big area).

Alien
23-05-2007, 08:31
Well the cream does work, and works wonders (stimulates the immune system, supposedly only in that area), its just the raised temperature that I could do without.
Bazuka and most off the shelf treatments can't be used in sensitive areas.
Might be an idea to put a waterproof plaster over it [assuming "top of the thigh" isn't a euphamism ;)] during any hanky-panky. Although there are something like 100+ wart viruses, & only a couple of them have been linked to [cervical?] cancer in women, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sent it back yet? What was it, BTW? [make/model I mean - just curious]

Russ
23-05-2007, 08:36
Drivers who indicate right at rounder bouts when they are going straight on.

:grind: :grind: :grind:

That has been my pet driving hate for years!!

zing_deleted
23-05-2007, 08:38
Sent it back yet? What was it, BTW? [make/model I mean - just curious]

Abit IP95 nice capable low end cheap skt775 board with onboard gfx and 2 yes 2 ide controllers yes its sent back waiting on tests

This brings me nicely to another pet hate. Why are mobo manufacturers trying to get rid of ide. 1 controller on a motherboard isnt enough. I know sata optical drives are available now but not everyone builds totally new. I run 2 ide dvd rw's and have a few ide hdds . Newer boards just do not support me anymore the bad bad bad people :( (lol)

Alien
23-05-2007, 09:25
Abit IP95 nice capable low end cheap skt775 board with onboard gfx and 2 yes 2 ide controllers yes its sent back waiting on tests
Onboard gfx? you?! :Yikes: :D Abit are usually pretty good [apart from the fans they usually put on the chipset], my AN7 is still chugging along nicely. :)

This brings me nicely to another pet hate. Why are mobo manufacturers trying to get rid of ide. 1 controller on a motherboard isnt enough. I know sata optical drives are available now but not everyone builds totally new. I run 2 ide dvd rw's and have a few ide hdds . Newer boards just do not support me anymore the bad bad bad people :( (lol)
I think you can still get PCI IDE cards, if you hunt around, plus there's SATA to PATA adapters. The board I'm considering getting [if I ever get the money spare] only has 1 IDE controller, but has 6 SATA. It'd suit me fine, as I'm using 2 of each at the moment [2x SATA HDDs, 1x IDE HDD, 1x IDE DVDRW].

zing_deleted
23-05-2007, 09:29
you can I have some but id rather have native support :) it was only machine 2's mobo doesnt play games.

Please note you do not want to run a hdd on the same controller as an atapi device because the hdd will only run udma level of the optical

Xaccers
23-05-2007, 09:39
Might be an idea to put a waterproof plaster over it [assuming "top of the thigh" isn't a euphamism ;)] during any hanky-panky. Although there are something like 100+ wart viruses, & only a couple of them have been linked to [cervical?] cancer in women, it's better to be safe than sorry.

I've got a phobia of plasters, so I'm certainly not going to be sticking any on my groin!
Its the non-wart causing hpv's that have been linked to cervical cancer.

Halcyon
23-05-2007, 11:59
Moan of the day: Nerves.

I get so nervous at interviews and exams.
I am normally a confident person but interviews just get me really worried.
I hope they don't notice it too much.

Xaccers
23-05-2007, 13:51
Just replaced the hinges on the laptop my gf uses.
Should be a happy thought shouldn't it?
Thing is, I have 6 screws left over...

Acathla
23-05-2007, 13:59
Thing is, I have 6 screws left over...

Did you not realise that screws were scientifically used in computers in a way that kept them apart. Taking them out and putting them in a pile together allows them to 'mate' and more screws are born. Where do you think the term 'to screw' came from?

:rolleyes:

It always happens to me too :(

joglynne
23-05-2007, 17:01
Moan of the day: Nerves.

I get so nervous at interviews and exams.
I am normally a confident person but interviews just get me really worried.
I hope they don't notice it too much.

Can't help with the exam nerves but when your being interviewed just take a moment to look at each person and imagine the interviewer(s) sat in front of you wearing a nappy with braces. Worked every time for me. I've had whole panels of high powered people sat in front of me wearing nappies in my time:D

Forgot to add my moan. My suppliers are putting up my gold leaf by 25% on June 1st. I'm not a happy bunny:mad:

punky
23-05-2007, 17:02
Responding to an online enquiry with a lengthy detailed reply, only to find they are incapable of giving me the right email address :mad:

Stuart
23-05-2007, 19:57
This is both a moan, and a happy thought...

Left work slightly early last night (was supposed to work 9-9, but left at 8 as there were no users around, and I was doing nothing). Got a call from a mate asking to go for a couple of beers. When we got to the pub, a few other people turned up, and one of my mates announced he was getting married.

So, we had a bit of a party. Carried on until closing, then went to another bar. Eventually left that about 1:30, and went back to his where we carried on, eventually falling into bed around 4 ish (stayed at his).

Now, my moan. Normally, if I drink midweek, I arrange to have at least the morning off. I didn't know about last night until it happened, so, I didn't.

Woke at 7:30, got showered and changed back into the clothes I wore yesterday (didn't have any others).

So, I've been sitting in my office for most of today, doing very little and just feeling a little tired.

Then, we come to the farce getting home. I don't mind that the trackside fire stopped trains from going to/from Charing Cross, Waterloo East, Cannon Street and London Bridge.

What I do mind is that South Eastern were stupid enough to recommend that everyone who normally uses any of those four stations take the DLR to Lewisham (with the result that the Police were restricting access to the platforms because they were too full). To make matters worse, they only displayed apologies on the platform information screens and displays, not info about the next train, and they were frequently announcing the wrong trains.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Oh, and what pillock designed the Bluetooth stack on Windows Mobile 5?

I bought a stereo bluetooth headset, and could only get Mono sound. The solution? To change registry settings, because in their infinite wisdom, although the phone supports the correct bluetooth profiles, they are set to Joint Stereo by default, and there is no easy way to change the settings. Not even a switch in the Bluetooth applet.

Maggy
23-05-2007, 20:29
I think teenagers are part lizard...When the rest of the world is just wanting to sit down and siesta because of the heat the little s*ds wake up and start 'playing'.This always involves that old standby of throwing anything that's loose and also pinching,prodding,poking and even fondling each other...cretins! :mad:

Jules
23-05-2007, 20:38
My soaps being taken off for football!!!!

multiskilled
23-05-2007, 21:24
Today's moan.

I don't have one it's been a great day!!!

Maggy
24-05-2007, 00:09
I'm beginning to think I may have to take a holiday from this site..There has been too much bile and venom lately and I'm finding it depressing. :(

Druchii
24-05-2007, 00:10
I'm beginning to think I may have to take a holiday from this site..There has been too much bile and venom lately and I'm finding it depressing. :(
It is depressing Coggy, have a week or so to yourself, and come back with some terrific renders?

*Gives Coggy a hug*

Xaccers
24-05-2007, 09:42
Got woken up with a bang like a garage door slamming just as I was drifting off at 1am this morning.
Had a look out the window up and down the street, couldn't see anything. Went back to bed.
Another bang and some giggling, looked again and saw a pillar of black smoke coming from behind somoene's house over in the council estate. Obviously a car had been torched.
GF threw me the phone and called 999.
They were already aware, so GF and I went down to join the small crowd that was gathering.
Car was well ablaze.
About 15 minutes after the first 999 call from someone, the firemen arrived (I want their extending light pole!) and dowsed the flames, and the garden fence which was going up too.
The moan? We'd run out of popcorn.

This is what was left:

http://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/car.JPG

dilli-theclaw
24-05-2007, 15:18
Wonderpets!!!

Peter was watching it this morning and ever since I've been humming -'the phne - the phone is ringing' :)

In other moans my v+ drive is still pretty much unusuable - but it's only been two plus months now ;)

Russ
24-05-2007, 15:46
Wonderpets!!!

Peter was watching it this morning and ever since I've been humming -'the phne - the phone is ringing' :)

"We're not too big and we're not too tough" :D

One of those tunes which eats away at your brain :spin:

Xaccers
24-05-2007, 16:14
"We're not too big and we're not too tough" :D

One of those tunes which eats away at your brain :spin:

I had "You are sixteen going on seventeen" going through my head yesterday.
Just that line.
And not from the original Sound of Music, oh no, it was from the Pacifier!
So I had the son singing (badly) in my head all afternoon.

Xaccers
25-05-2007, 11:12
GF woke me about 4am this morning as I was practically glowing with heat.
Temperature of 39.5C which worried her enough to phone NHS Direct (who weren't much help, and asked for our address a total of 5 times)
So neither she nor I have had much sleep :(

Halcyon
25-05-2007, 11:21
I hope you are better now Xaccers.

My moan of the day: Being woken up very early by a motorbike.
When will they invent some silencers to stop these rumbling engines.

Xaccers
25-05-2007, 11:29
I hope you are better now Xaccers.

My moan of the day: Being woken up very early by a motorbike.
When will they invent some silencers to stop these rumbling engines.

That's the weird bit, I felt fine, just had a high temperature.

If only we could use a harpoon through their front wheel :) (actually my great grandmother was nearly knocked over by some kids on bmx's when she waited for a bus, so she shoved her walking stick in one of their front wheels!)
There's been some prat on an off road bike screaming round revving more than he needs to in this area.
Along with a mondeo with a big exhaust just begging for a large potato to be rammed up it.

Another moan: Barclays take a week to clear cheques I put in my account grrr

Maggy
25-05-2007, 22:06
Another moan: Barclays take a week to clear cheques I put in my account grrr

They are quick enough when cashing a cheque from your account.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

I still feel like Death Warmed Over.I'm sick of this viral complaint that keeps recurring two or three times in the year.Lots of catarrh accompanied by a sinus headache then a sudden release like a cold but not a cold(no eye watering or sneezing).This in turn leads to a severe sore throat and a really lousy persistant irritating cough that won't let up for a week or more.I practically lose my voice and I cannot raise my voice to the students.:(

multiskilled
25-05-2007, 23:21
Moan of the day
Nothing to moan about.Getting worried now, what's happening to me!

Maggy
26-05-2007, 17:08
Moan of the day
Nothing to moan about.Getting worried now, what's happening to me!

I tell you what..Shall I give you this here viral infection?Going to you for free provided you pass it on.;) :tu:

Russ
26-05-2007, 17:42
Carphone Warehouse staff in Port Talbot who wait until there are 8 people in the queue before calling their colleague out to help them.

multiskilled
26-05-2007, 20:50
I tell you what..Shall I give you this here viral infection?Going to you for free provided you pass it on.;) :tu:

Just received,but my McAfee anti virus scanned,quarantined and deleted it before I could pass it on.Looks like your stuck with it for the time being.
Hope you get well soon.

Maggy
27-05-2007, 00:06
I have coughed so much that I have a headache and heartburn from:sick:

Hom3r
27-05-2007, 00:10
The B@$***D who through an egg into the grill of my new car.:mad:

I f I find them I'll stick eggs were only Custims men dare go:mad:

Alien
27-05-2007, 05:40
you can I have some but id rather have native support :) it was only machine 2's mobo doesnt play games.

Please note you do not want to run a hdd on the same controller as an atapi device because the hdd will only run udma level of the optical
If they're both being accessed at the same time I'd agree, but if the ODD isn't being accessed I wouldn't expect the HDD's performance to be impeded.

I've got a phobia of plasters, so I'm certainly not going to be sticking any on my groin!
Seriously? Haven't heard of that 1 before. I guess if you were getting on someone's nerves & wouldn't shut up about <whatever>, them threatening to "stick a plaster over your gob" would be that much more compelling a threat to you. ;)

Its the non-wart causing hpv's that have been linked to cervical cancer.
I wasn't aware of that. Apparrently HPVs have also recently been linked to throat cancer, which in theory [what I read didn't mention gender] would also put men at risk, including straight guys [unless they don't do that].

My soaps being taken off for football!!!!
I used to hate it when progs got disrupted for sports/events, but now I set my V+ to record anything I want to watch, instead of watching stuff live - that way I can skip adverts & always have stuff to watch. Of course, it does have the downside of problems when the V+ screws up, but so far I've been able to compensate for missed/partly recorded episodes with repeats, +1 channels, & occasionally torrents.

In other moans my v+ drive is still pretty much unusuable - but it's only been two plus months now ;)
That's a pain, how come they haven't replaced it yet?

The B@$***D who through an egg into the grill of my new car.:mad:
That certainly sounds eggsasperating, I bet that really scrambled your nerves. ;)

dilli-theclaw
27-05-2007, 14:17
...and now of course I've got no on demand on either box Download Failed (1)

It SAYS it's playing the program - up here - but there's nothing on the screen.

I'm working my way up to phoning tech support again http://www.nthwclan.co.uk/forum/images/nthw/smilies/frown.gif

So that's now neither of my boxes working properly now.

joglynne
27-05-2007, 14:22
Been catching reading the Happy Tread and I now have a moan. 'Some people' get a better picture on their mobile phones than I get on my camera :bigcry: and I only got it bought me at Christmas. :sulk:

SnoopZ
27-05-2007, 15:08
My moan is it won't stop raining in Cambridge this weekend!

Raistlin
27-05-2007, 15:09
My moan is it won't stop raining in Cambridge this weekend!

Tell me about it, at least my poorly lawn is getting a watering though :(

Marge
27-05-2007, 23:55
Big Time Moan - Public Transport !!!

I set off at 6.20 am yesterday to go to my friends house who lives in North Wales, I got there at 3.10 pm !! Due to engineering works there was no direct trains so I went on a magical mystery tour

I had six changes on the trains (should have been 3) :erm:, got a coach which should have took me to Birmingham and landed me in Coventry :shocked: , missed most of my connections due to the coach and almost lost the will to live.

and the journey back wasn't any better, engineering works on the Underground too which ended up with me wandering round Finsbury Park tonight trying to find a bus. Left Wales at 2.30pm and got home at 10.30pm.

Mal
27-05-2007, 23:59

I set off at 6.20 am yesterday to go to my friends house who lives in North Wales, I got there at 3.10 pm !! Due to engineering works there was no direct trains so I went on a magical mystery tour

I had six changes on the trains (should have been 3) :erm:, got a coach which should have took me to Birmingham and landed me in Coventry :shocked: , missed most of my connections due to the coach and almost lost the will to live.

and the journey back wasn't any better, engineering works on the Underground too which ended up with me wandering round Finsbury Park tonight trying to find a bus. Left Wales at 2.30pm and got home at 10.30pm.I may be thick here, but isn't Finsbury Park in London??? How did you end up in London or did you intentionally go there?

dilli-theclaw
28-05-2007, 00:00
I think her man may well live near London ;)

Mal
28-05-2007, 00:02
I think her man may well live near London ;)
Ahhh!! It just sounded like she had gotten diverted on the way home, as far as London :)

Marge
28-05-2007, 00:04
Ahhh!! It just sounded like she had gotten diverted on the way home, as far as London :)

Believe me Mal, I thought I was gonna end up in John O'Groats the way things went yesterday/today lol

dilli-theclaw
28-05-2007, 00:05
Could have been worse - you could have ended up in Sandy - now that's an armpit of a town :)

Stuart
28-05-2007, 00:48
Getting a phone call from home on Friday at 9pm to say that my v+ had died.

Now, while it was irritating that it happened (luckily it came back after a couple of hours), I was in the pub celebrating my birthday on Friday. What was I supposed to do?

Xaccers
28-05-2007, 10:54
Seriously? Haven't heard of that 1 before. I guess if you were getting on someone's nerves & wouldn't shut up about <whatever>, them threatening to "stick a plaster over your gob" would be that much more compelling a threat to you. ;)

Had an accident as a child where on the way to the beach we had to go under a subway. I was on my tricycle (only 18 months old) and shot down the slope.
Wasn't until the bottom that I discovered I had no way to stop, so used my chin against the steps coming down the other way.
At hospital they put a massive plaster on my chin, and since then I've not been able to use them.
When I was 6 during PE in Saudi, a mate of mine looked like he was covered in plasters, those material ones, but most were hanging off and looked manky, I was nearly sick.

Now, while it was irritating that it happened (luckily it came back after a couple of hours), I was in the pub celebrating my birthday on Friday. What was I supposed to do?

Was it from a woman?

multiskilled
28-05-2007, 16:43

Drop everything rush home repair the box or the network fault, and tell the person in need of your help that the phone call came just in time as the celebrations were going a bit flat, and it gave you an excuse to leave. ;)

bonzoe
28-05-2007, 18:37
Duplicate threads!!:mad::mad:

dilli-theclaw
29-05-2007, 15:20
Just been onto virgin again, now that neither of my boxes works properly. I reckon if I call them every day they'll have to pay attention eventually :)

nfs6600
29-05-2007, 15:26
Customers who call the company there are with primarily with no intention of leaving, just calling to get as much discount as they can. PAY THE FULL PRICE YOU CHEAPSKATES OR LEAVE

dilli-theclaw
29-05-2007, 15:35
Luckily my phone and broadband are ok so I'm staying for them, but I can see me and the TV service parting company soon :)

Anyway my main hate about this is the number of lies I've been told and promised call backs that I've never had.

zing_deleted
29-05-2007, 15:40
Customers who call the company there are with primarily with no intention of leaving, just calling to get as much discount as they can. PAY THE FULL PRICE YOU CHEAPSKATES OR LEAVE

But we live in a capitalistic society and we are all programed greedy. Why pay full whack when you can get it cheaper? I for one am not a charity ill get what I can when I can from who I can cuz at the end of the day im ripped off every day by someone or another I want some back

Bet you haggle at the car boot or market or do you pay full price ;)

Stuart
29-05-2007, 15:45
Was it from a woman?

Yes.

dilli-theclaw
29-05-2007, 15:46
HHHmmm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5320864.htm

:)

r00t
29-05-2007, 16:02
Jefferson T have you posed in the *whistle* other place. I'm sure someone can and will help there ;)

Marge
29-05-2007, 19:37
Could have been worse - you could have ended up in Sandy - now that's an armpit of a town :)

Think you may have been psychic Dilli, did you know that cash machine was gonna eat my card :erm:

4-5 days till I get a new one, get paid tomorrow and can't spend any money :eek:

dilli-theclaw
29-05-2007, 19:40
Think you may have been psychic Dilli, did you know that cash machine was gonna eat my card :erm:

4-5 days till I get a new one, get paid tomorrow and can't spend any money :eek:But you do have a little cyberman to play with now :)

multiskilled
30-05-2007, 09:26
Getting up this morning half asleep, to go to work. Then realising to late to go back to bed. I'm on day off. :dozey:

lostandconfused
30-05-2007, 11:09
car got broken into sunday night, get a quote today £850.00 to repair the damage and to replace what was taken : ( phone insuarance they will cover the cost of the damage £310.00 but i have an excess of 250.00 so hardly worth it.

But the thing thats really annoyed me, they stole a half empty bottle of deoderant and 8p in pennies. :mad:

rogerdraig
30-05-2007, 12:48
Did you not realise that screws were scientifically used in computers in a way that kept them apart. Taking them out and putting them in a pile together allows them to 'mate' and more screws are born. Where do you think the term 'to screw' came from?

:rolleyes:

It always happens to me too :(

lol i wondered why i always have some left over :angel:

zing_deleted
30-05-2007, 12:50
car got broken into sunday night, get a quote today £850.00 to repair the damage and to replace what was taken : ( phone insuarance they will cover the cost of the damage £310.00 but i have an excess of 250.00 so hardly worth it.

But the thing thats really annoyed me, they stole a half empty bottle of deoderant and 8p in pennies. :mad:

your car got done and your well out of pocket but what "really" annoyed you was the half bottle/can of antistink and 8p??????

Mr_love_monkey
30-05-2007, 13:38
I have to add a moan to subscribe to the new thread... :)

punky
30-05-2007, 13:41
House has ended, but at least there's a new season starting in the Autumn.

Alien
30-05-2007, 14:23
I have to add a moan to subscribe to the new thread... :)
You could have just used the Thread Tools -> Subscribe to this thread function. :)

<edit>
My pet hate: when my V+ doesn't record all of a prog, but everything about it [start & end times, length, etc] looks ok, & the only way I find out it's not ok is watching it up to the point where it suddenly skips straight to the viewing has ended message. :mad:
</edit>

Xaccers
30-05-2007, 14:37
<edit>
My pet hate: when my V+ doesn't record all of a prog, but everything about it [start & end times, length, etc] looks ok, & the only way I find out it's not ok is watching it up to the point where it suddenly skips straight to the viewing has ended message. :mad:
</edit>

I hate it when Sky+ does that!
I also hate that if I fast foward through the adverts, the lip synch goes to pot!
I then have to rewind at full speed, then forward at full speed and hope that it fixes it, otherwise repeat until it's nearly right.
Very strange seeing a door slam and then hearing it 10 seconds later!

lostandconfused
31-05-2007, 00:42
your car got done and your well out of pocket but what "really" annoyed you was the half bottle/can of antistink and 8p??????

yes, because i understand stealing the sterio they clearly needed it to sell to buy drugs or whatever the low-life buy nowadays, but to take 8p and a can of deoderant just seems petty to me

Alien
31-05-2007, 01:23
I hate it when Sky+ does that!
Well at least it's not just V+ that does it. :)

I also hate that if I fast foward through the adverts, the lip synch goes to pot!
I then have to rewind at full speed, then forward at full speed and hope that it fixes it, otherwise repeat until it's nearly right.
Very strange seeing a door slam and then hearing it 10 seconds later!
Thankfully <crosses fingers & touches wood> I've never had that happen with my V+. I have discovered a way to find out if a recording is going to play to the end or not on the V+ though, for anyone else who has the issue [& maybe you can adapt it to your Sky+].

1. Start playing the prog, play for a few seconds from the beginning of the recording, then stop & go back to the recordings menu.
2. Play recording again, but this time the option screen to choose between playing from Start, Last Viewed, or user defined comes up. Choose user defined & enter in a time about a minute or 2 before the recording ends [e.g. 1:00 if the recording is 1h 2mins long].

On V+, if the recording is not broken, corrupted, or whatever, it'll do exactly as you've told it to, at which point you can just tell it to stop & start watching from the beginning. If the recording is not intact when you try to play from the point near the end it'll just bring up the viewing has ended message. I realise this is a bit of a hassle, but if like mine it tends to happen mostly during a specific time window [between 3 & 5am in my case], then you could just check any recordings that might be suspect. This would save the frustration of sitting down to watch something & getting part way through & having it end suddenly.

Jules
31-05-2007, 13:26
The **** who broke into my car on Sunday night/Monday morning while I was up nursing my dog and had lights on in the house!!

The car is now fixed but sadily I had to have my soppy old girl put to sleep, she was just short of 16 and I have had her since she was 8 weeks old.

RIP Tessa you took a piece of my heart with you.

zing_deleted
31-05-2007, 13:30
Sorry to hear that Jules :(

dilli-theclaw
31-05-2007, 13:40
indeed :(

Maggy
31-05-2007, 13:45
The car is now fixed but sadily I had to have my soppy old girl put to sleep, she was just short of 16 and I have had her since she was 8 weeks old.

RIP Tessa you took a piece of my heart with you.

:hugs:

Jules
31-05-2007, 13:48
Thank you everyone, your kindness means a lot to me.

TheDaddy
31-05-2007, 13:56
Sorry to hear that Jules :(

Ditto, what a pity :(

SnoopZ
31-05-2007, 18:39
Sorry to hear Jules. :( :hugs:

homealone
31-05-2007, 19:26
just seen about your bad news, Jules, all I can say is that she was a very lucky dog to have had such a caring owner & I hope she didn't suffer.

Nugget
31-05-2007, 21:01
What my little wee chum up there ^^ said Jules - sorry to hear your bad news :(

Halcyon
01-06-2007, 12:58
Sorry to heaer the news Jules. :ghugs:

punky
01-06-2007, 13:05
Sorry to hear that Jules :hugs:

Xaccers
01-06-2007, 13:43
I really hate bank holidays!
Not only do I lose money, but it mad the cheque I put in last week take an extra day to process so now won't clear until Monday (I also hate Barclays for taking 6 days to clear a cheque)

Marge
02-06-2007, 14:09
That flaming car of mine grrrrrrr :mad:

Something went crash, bang, wallop on it last night as I was driving on the M6 just after junction 15. We had to get on the hard shoulder and then saw smoke :eek: and a quite a bit of oil on the floor :( Phoned the recovery people who eventually turned up, got the car on the trailer and got us home about 3am :erm:

Now got a car I can't drive and having to find a way to get back down south tomorrow (and try to get the car repaired somehow). Not a happy bunny :(

homealone
02-06-2007, 14:25
That flaming car of mine grrrrrrr :mad:

Something went crash, bang, wallop on it last night as I was driving on the M6 just after junction 15. We had to get on the hard shoulder and then saw smoke :eek: and a quite a bit of oil on the floor :( Phoned the recovery people who eventually turned up, got the car on the trailer and got us home about 3am :erm:

Now got a car I can't drive and having to find a way to get back down south tomorrow (and try to get the car repaired somehow). Not a happy bunny :(

you haven't had much luck with that car, have you :(

- any idea what could be wrong? - it sounds pretty serious, but fingers crossed it can be sorted out ???? (sounds like the cam belt snapped, I hope it wasn't that :td: )

dilli-theclaw
02-06-2007, 14:28
Bugger :(

Hope you get it sorted.

punky
02-06-2007, 14:52
you haven't had much luck with that car, have you :(

- any idea what could be wrong? - it sounds pretty serious, but fingers crossed it can be sorted out ???? (sounds like the cam belt snapped, I hope it wasn't that :td: )

Its nothing little unfortunately. We there's a hole in the side of the engine block that's been blown out. There is what's a piece of pipe that was just lying in the engine bay. Gawd know's where that's come from. There's another bit of twisted shrapnel that can be from anywhere. There's oil everywhere, including on the floor even now so its still dripping out. We tried to check the oil but the dipstick is fused into the engine. Hoping it hasn't seized up.

Being a mid-engined car is a complete sod to look at, and I don't have a decent trolley jack, only the stupid little jack and the road is too rough to use it. Can't fit underneath because its so low and the silencer hangs too low.

Ahh well.

homealone
02-06-2007, 15:01
Its nothing little unfortunately. We there's a hole in the side of the engine block that's been blown out. There is what's a piece of pipe that was just lying in the engine bay. Gawd know's where that's come from. There's another bit of twisted shrapnel that can be from anywhere. There's oil everywhere, including on the floor even now so its still dripping out. We tried to check the oil but the dipstick is fused into the engine. Hoping it hasn't seized up.

Being a mid-engined car is a complete sod to look at, and I don't have a decent trolley jack, only the stupid little jack and the road is too rough to use it. Can't fit underneath because its so low and the silencer hangs too low.

Ahh well.

oh dear, it does indeed sound serious, I fear a replacement engine will be necessary, sorry :(

- oh & never get under a car when it is only jacked up, use axle stands ;)

Halcyon
02-06-2007, 20:56
Good luck in getting it all sorted out Marge. :tu:
Hope it all goes ok and doesnt cost too much.

Ramrod
02-06-2007, 21:10

Thats the govts 'integrated transport' plan......they have integrated our transport system with a big pile of cow dung....and this is the result :tu: :)

Xaccers
02-06-2007, 22:33
Toothache.
Not mine, Faulty's.
She's been in agony since 4am, unable to eat anything.
The tooth is due to come out on Thursday, so it's obviously decided to be evil and start causing pain while it still can.
Course, this is the UK not South Africa, so there are no walk in dental surguries that she could just go to.
Nope, she tries paracetemol, and ibuprofen, and oragel, and asprin.
We call NHS direct and they suggest rubbing toothpast into the hole, and more paracetemol, or one with codeine.
I phone around dentists because by now Faulty's shaking through pain and lack of food.
They're all shut, even the one that says it does emergency treatment and weekend appointments.
All their recorded messages say to phone the NHS direct dental help line for emergencies out of hours.
So I do. Can they give me a list of dentist that could help today? No. They suggest calling all the ones in the yellow pages.
So we go off to the hospital as there is a walk in medical clinic there, we know they won't be able to do anything about the tooth, but perhaps they can give something for the pain, and something to help Faulty sleep tonight.
Nope, one of the doctors in the center might be able to help, but we have to phone (yes, we're standing at the front desk but to see if a doctor can help we have to go outside to get a mobile signal, and phone the center) which we do. No they can't help with teeth, not interested.
I go back inside and tell them that MK DOC isn't willing to help or give us the time of day, do they have a list of 24 hour pharmacies as by now it's 8pm.
We head off to boots, but it looks shut by the time we get there.
Thankfully the pharmacy is open, you have to push the bell to get someone to come to the hatch.
Faulty gets nurofen plus which is ibuprofen and codeine, and clove oil.
The nurofen plus seems to be working better than anything else has.
Just unbelievable that in other so called 3rd world countries like South Africa or even Egypt you can walk into a dental surgery any time of the day and be seen, but not here in the UK!
Hope she's able to get some sleep tonight.

Stuart
02-06-2007, 22:45
My sony laptop.

For a while now, It's been running a little slow, so I decided to set it up again. It kept powering itself down while booting from CD. So, I set up a USB boot stick only to find the laptop ignored it. So, I go and make another boot CD, start it up from XP. XP copies all the setup files to the hard drive, then reboots. I go to boot up and the bloody thing has deleted XP (as it should), but just shuts down when setting up XP now..

Derek
03-06-2007, 15:35
Full moons. All the nutters crawl out from their holes and seem to converge on town centres for a night causing mayhem. :mad:

Angua
03-06-2007, 19:13
Menopause (or the start thereof) http://www.smileyhut.com/angry/ranting3.gif

Never suffered with this type of pain before http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/Just_Cuz_35.gif

joglynne
03-06-2007, 20:31
Went in to the garden this morning to find the blackbirds nest on the ground. Chicks hadn't long since hatched so they can't have fledged. It was really well hidden in the Wisteria. We don't know what has happened, this was the first time the blackbirds used this site as they normally nest in the Ivy.

homealone
03-06-2007, 20:36
Went in to the garden this morning to find the blackbirds nest on the ground. Chicks hadn't long since hatched so they can't have fledged. It was really well hidden in the Wisteria. We don't know what has happened, this was the first time the blackbirds used this site as they normally nest in the Ivy.

possibly a Magpie or Jay got at the nest :(

joglynne
03-06-2007, 20:42
I know that is possible but this is in an enclosed court yard and we don't have that size of bird in that area of the garden(bit to cramped for them) Do you think squirrels could have done it? We have a family that comes and tries out the feeding polls as an assault course.

homealone
03-06-2007, 20:50
I know that is possible but this is in an enclosed court yard and we don't have that size of bird in that area of the garden(bit to cramped for them) Do you think squirrels could have done it? We have a family that comes and tries out the feeding polls as an assault course.

yes, it is possible

http://www.yptenc.org.uk/docs/factsheets/animal_facts/grey_squirrel.html

we had one that decided to live in our loft, once - had to get an humane trap & let it go in the woods, they can be a real nuisance :erm:

joglynne
03-06-2007, 21:03
OK. Now I have a 'pet' hate for the day, the squirrels.:bsmack: No more Mrs Nice. The ropes come down first thing in the morning.

multiskilled
03-06-2007, 22:29
OK. Now I have a 'pet' hate for the day, the squirrels.:bsmack: No more Mrs Nice. The ropes come down first thing in the morning.

Hope these are grey squirrels not red.

joglynne
03-06-2007, 23:39
Hope these are grey squirrels not red.

Greys. I don't think the red squirrels come anywhere near Manchester, too much pollution and not enough of the right type of woodlands this close to the city center We have got masses of pesky greys which, until to-day, I have always found to be very entertaining.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/06/36.gifBut not any more.:sniper:

multiskilled
04-06-2007, 01:07
That's OK luckily where I live there are still red squirrels.My sister in law has them in her garden along with foxes and a badger set.

Mal
05-06-2007, 18:35
People who, in a debate/discussion, start to use a "you're being mean" approach, when you disagree with their point of view, even though you are not being a mean ol' nasty person. It usually starts when they start to realise that they are not going to win the argument easily. Is that the only way that they can win?

danielf
05-06-2007, 19:29
Full moons. All the nutters crawl out from their holes and seem to converge on town centres for a night causing mayhem. :mad:

It looks like they're taking this seriously in Brighton...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6723911.stm

joglynne
05-06-2007, 19:30
Not knowing what is going on! For the last 5 minutes there has been a police helicopter circling overhead. I've had a look up and down our Avenue and I can't see or hear anything going on. My curiosity is killing me.

Xaccers
05-06-2007, 20:04
Not knowing what is going on! For the last 5 minutes there has been a police helicopter circling overhead. I've had a look up and down our Avenue and I can't see or hear anything going on. My curiosity is killing me.

They've found you!
Quick! Run and hide under the bed until they've gone :)

My moan. Contract is likely to finish at the end of this month rather than the begining of August.
Poop.
I hate dell and their ability to finish things early after taking 2 years to get it done.

Stuart
05-06-2007, 20:51
Xaccers: Good luck..

My moan? Our bloody fire alarm at work. Went off FOUR times today. It's almost like there was a coursework due in (we do have students who have late courseworks triggering the alarm, then asking for an extension claiming "Extenuating Circumstances" because the fire alarm went off and they were evacuated).

Lucky almost no one was in. It's not easy clearing out 300 students quickly.

Marge
05-06-2007, 20:51
So

my car breaks down on Friday night so I borrow a car to tide me over

Come out of work tonight and some **** of the earth scrote has broken the window and nicked the stereo out of the borrowed car :( :( :(

So now I have to shell out to get the window replaced and a new stereo as well. Can my luck get any worse :erm:

Mr_love_monkey
05-06-2007, 20:53
Eclipse.

I install some plug-ins and suddenly autocomplete doesn't work when I hit return - I now have to do ctrl-space - and it doesn't do it properly. if I pick a method from the drop down, and do ctrl-space, it tells me that nothing matches.

arrgghhh. come back intellij

Stuart
05-06-2007, 20:54

This happens distressingly often near me, and we have been told that because we are close to a secure mental hospital (the Bethlem, in south London), we have to go inside, and lock all doors and windows because someone has probably escaped.

By "often", I mean once a month. Not suprisingly, when the Bethlem tried to expand last year, most of the local residents objected and the council turned down planning permission.

TheDaddy
05-06-2007, 20:55
Can my luck get any worse :erm:

Well they do say it comes in three's :(

dilli-theclaw
05-06-2007, 21:03
So

my car breaks down on Friday night so I borrow a car to tide me over

Come out of work tonight and some **** of the earth scrote has broken the window and nicked the stereo out of the borrowed car :( :( :(

So now I have to shell out to get the window replaced and a new stereo as well. Can my luck get any worse :erm:I hope not :( Wish I could help. We still love you tho... :kiss:

If you need to chat, you know where I am.

homealone
05-06-2007, 21:19
I hope not :( Wish I could help. We still love you tho... :kiss:

you said it better than I could have ...

my moan has to be my deadlines being more like other people's wish lists, but I have it easy compared to Marge - and you, JT :dozey:

multiskilled
05-06-2007, 22:25
My moan A week off work and I'm decorating the whole house! :td:

Maggy
06-06-2007, 15:04
My moan A week off work and I'm decorating the whole house! :td:

A WeeK!!! No chance.;)

Xaccers
06-06-2007, 15:56
Faulty and I picked up our kitten today from the shelter.
Unfortunately she's got a bit of a weepy eye and snotty nose, so it's a visit to the vet tonight incase she's got flu.

joglynne
06-06-2007, 16:21
That cat is seriously cute. :D

Xaccers
06-06-2007, 21:07
Well, she has cat flu :(
The vet has given us some eyedrops to give her every morning, and gave her an injection of antibiotics to help prevent any secondary infections along with a dab on worm/flea treatment.
She's been asleep for most of the evening, but now is up and active which is a good sign :) (she's currently chasing her tail)

We are thinking about reporting where we got her from to the RSPCA as the pen she and her siblings were in was dripping dirty rain water in through the roof when we first went to see her. She's also not been wormed before we took her to the vet either!

multiskilled
06-06-2007, 22:47
A WeeK!!! No chance.;)

You don't know my better half :D slave driver 12hour shifts don't stop till it's done. AAAAAAAAAGH DECORATING!!!!!!! Other than that she's a lovely girl. :luv:

Maggy
06-06-2007, 22:56
You don't know my better half :D slave driver 12hour shifts don't stop till it's done. AAAAAAAAAGH DECORATING!!!!!!! Other than that she's a lovely girl. :luv:

Even so a week will be pushing it..You'll have no time to sleep.:erm:

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Well, she has cat flu :(
The vet has given us some eyedrops to give her every morning, and gave her an injection of antibiotics to help prevent any secondary infections along with a dab on worm/flea treatment.
She's been asleep for most of the evening, but now is up and active which is a good sign :) (she's currently chasing her tail)

We are thinking about reporting where we got her from to the RSPCA as the pen she and her siblings were in was dripping dirty rain water in through the roof when we first went to see her. She's also not been wormed before we took her to the vet either!

More pictures please!!! :)

Xaccers
06-06-2007, 23:04
More pictures please!!! :)

Oh ok ;)

joglynne
06-06-2007, 23:14
Yes, more pictures please Xaccers.:)

You should report the shelter to the RSPCA, if your kitten has cat flu the odds are that all the other kittens/ cats will have it and as the shelter doesn't seem to to be to bothered about the health of it's animals there are issues that need to be addressed.

My moan today is that I still don't know what the police helicopter was doing yesterday when it was flying circles overhead. Apparently there was also a lot of police cars and vans on the 2 main roads that run at either end of my Avenue. I'll have to nab the community copper when I see him next. Coffee and chocolate biscuits should winkle the information out of him :D

Xaccers
06-06-2007, 23:29
op-0- (that was her)

They had two kittens in quarenteen with similar symptoms although much worse.
Will get Faulty to phone the RSPCA with our concerns in the morning.

I will get my DSLR out tomorrow and take some better quality photos :)

multiskilled
06-06-2007, 23:49
[QUOTE=Incognitas;34322785]Even so a week will be pushing it..You'll have no time to sleep.:erm:
Sleep I do that at the top of the step ladder when better half's not looking. :D

joglynne
07-06-2007, 00:06
:erm:
Sleep I do that at the top of the step ladder when better half's not looking. :D

So that's where you get your name from. Balancing on a ladder whilst sleeping with one eye open. You truly are multiskilled.:D

Alien
07-06-2007, 13:17
When TV shows "jump the shark". Purely out of curiosity, I went through the episode summaries for the next 2 series of Profiler, on TV.com. It doesn't just jump the shark, it humps that poor fish to death. :(

Jules
07-06-2007, 20:13
Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts, and a special thank you to Mick, OB and Foreverwar for there pm's links and a very special poem, it all helped a lot. :)

My moan is that I can't thank them in person

Hugh
07-06-2007, 20:22
Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts, and a special thank you to Mick, OB and Foreverwar for there pm's links and a very special poem, it all helped a lot. :)

My moan is that I can't thank them in person

Just look out of your back window (heh heh :D).

Only joking, the court order doesn't allow me to get closer than 500 metres ;)

Mr_love_monkey
07-06-2007, 20:38
lousy day at work - some stuff I did for the prod system, broke part of it in the upgrade :(

To quote the guy from 'Airplane' - I picked a hell of a day to quit glue sniffing...

Jules
07-06-2007, 20:41
Just look out of your back window (heh heh :D).

Only joking, the court order doesn't allow me to get closer than 500 metres ;)

I thought it was 600? oh well I guess 500 will do ;) lol

Mal
09-06-2007, 23:49
My neighbours have decided to buy one of those flame torches/lanterns for the garden and they have placed it close to the house. They have also started either a BBQ or a fire.

We are in a semi detached house and my bedroom window is above this lantern/fire.

I don't know if it is the lantern or the fire, but my bedroom now stinks of smoke.

It's quite warm at the moment, so I normally keep my window open during the night, but if this carries on, I will have to close it, which means that I will be hot during the night. :mad:

Russ
10-06-2007, 00:02
New joiners to my team last week who turn up stoned, hungover, lacking in deoderant and fell asleep twice during thursday's training seminar.

Pedro1
10-06-2007, 09:48
My moan at the moment is that i am starting to run out of beer.
Really i should be studying my skills train courses.

Pia
10-06-2007, 09:51
Going for a run this morning and not even getting to the actual park before feeling like i was gonna pass out. By the time i had run/walked round the park my chest was tight and i thought i was going to pass out:disturbd:
My fitness instructor bloke reckons it'll get easier.... i think i need to take a tank of oxygen next time:cry:

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

My moan at the moment is that i am starting to run out of beer.
Really i should be studying my skills train courses.
You need beer at this time of the day?!:erm:

Pedro1
10-06-2007, 09:56
Not looking too good at your age lol (22).

Pia
10-06-2007, 10:03
Not looking too good at your age lol (22).
Tell me about it, i've never been one for exercise, even at school i was rubbish at it:disturbd:

zing_deleted
10-06-2007, 10:14
Going for a run this morning and not even getting to the actual park before feeling like i was gonna pass out. By the time i had run/walked round the park my chest was tight and i thought i was going to pass out:disturbd:
My fitness instructor bloke reckons it'll get easier.... i think i need to take a tank of oxygen next time:cry:

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

You need beer at this time of the day?!:erm:

Think you need to start off with lower impact cardio . Maybe treadmill at the gym or just skipping at home.

Pedro1
10-06-2007, 10:18
LOL not exactly fit ma sell and could be doing with a wee tone but to hell with the tread and skipping lol.

Angua
10-06-2007, 10:46

Go running before the first ciggy of the day (it might help) ;)

Graham M
10-06-2007, 10:51
Tell me about it, i've never been one for exercise, even at school i was rubbish at it:disturbd:

we're one and the same, girl :)

Pedro1
10-06-2007, 10:55
If you smoke you will not run, If you run you will not smoke..:angel:

zing_deleted
10-06-2007, 11:00
If you smoke you will not run, If you run you will not smoke..:angel:

Thats not true a friend of mine smokes roll ups and he used to run marathons

Pia who is training you? have you seen your doc? just jumping into heavy cardio work outs at any age can be dangerous as with the increased blood flow and load on the heart if you try to hard to fast you can really do yourself damage. If you really are that unfit try running on the spot at home try to raise your heartrate to around 120 beats per min for 20 minutes . If you cant hold a conversation while your training at this stage you are doing to much

Pedro1
10-06-2007, 12:42
Have to agree with you there Zingleberb. He really could cause some damage just jumping in there at the deep end.

TheDaddy
10-06-2007, 12:55
Ikea, what a bunch of useless morons they really are, after the shopping trip from hell the after sales team are equally inept, I mentioned this to a business consultant I know and he said a well respected colleague had high powered meetings with Ikea senior management and they told him 'we have people prepared to queue for hours when a new shop opens, why would we change anything' well with that attitude the rot obviously started at the top and worked it's way down, honestly, if you value your sanity do not shop there

Hom3r
10-06-2007, 14:47
My moan is that I have to got to work for 4pm to drive the best part of 4hours to Teesside for work first thing Monday morning.

The only good thing is that I get some lieu hours back (about 12 hours)

Pia
10-06-2007, 17:13
Go running before the first ciggy of the day (it might help) ;)
I did!! And i waited an hour and a half after the run to have one!
Thats not true a friend of mine smokes roll ups and he used to run marathons

Pia who is training you? have you seen your doc? just jumping into heavy cardio work outs at any age can be dangerous as with the increased blood flow and load on the heart if you try to hard to fast you can really do yourself damage. If you really are that unfit try running on the spot at home try to raise your heartrate to around 120 beats per min for 20 minutes . If you cant hold a conversation while your training at this stage you are doing to much
Well my fella is a fitness instructor and he was there with me, and i know he wouldn't put me in any danger he knows what he's talking about. He just advised me to take it easy and if i can't run then to walk briskly...but he did say i was thinking too negative and i need to concentrate on what i'm doing instead of thinking about how hard it is lol.

zing_deleted
10-06-2007, 17:21
lol once you get the bug your view will change wait till you get results. Ive recently threw myself into a diet training regime(slacked off quite a bit since xmas ruined all my goals) and my total attitude has changed in 10 days

Russ
10-06-2007, 17:39
Once you get in to the habit of working out it's very hard to lose it - that's what has kept me in the gym for 18 months.

Tezcatlipoca
11-06-2007, 02:00
Mondays.

I hate Mondays!

Always sucks going back to work after the weekend.

I have to get up for work in 6 hours [And I haven't gone to bed yet!] :(

Still, at least my manager is off on holiday on Thursday...bit of a break! :)

Mr_love_monkey
11-06-2007, 07:11
that's what has kept me in the gym for 18 months.

Yeah, some of the layouts of the gyms are quite tricky

Nugget
11-06-2007, 09:20
Yeah, some of the layouts of the gyms are quite tricky

Nah, it's the fact that everyone else locked him in a cupboard...

zing_deleted
12-06-2007, 13:08
Ebuyer expecting me to post back a broken cold cathode tube worth 2.99 as it was bust in transit . Gave them chance to just replace it as a measure of good will and this didnt happen so from here on in ill be doing no business with ebuyer and recommending everyone here avoids them also.

Ive also link them to this post and will see if anyone looks at the advice I give on this forum and if they actually realise that me never recommending ebuyer again could lose them quite a bit of money

dilli-theclaw
12-06-2007, 17:00
Amoebas http://faculty.plattsburgh.edu/robert.fuller/370%20Files/Week9Soil%20Organisms/amoeba1.jpgwho don't seem capable of using google!!!!

Xaccers
12-06-2007, 17:12
Picked up my package from ParcelFarce today, this time they actually sent me a letter telling me they had it, and the charges involved.
£5.72 VAT plust the £13.50 ParcelFarce charge! grrr
Why shouldn't they be able to force you to use them to pay your VAT/duty, why can't you have the option of paying direct?
Then, when I checked out the digital camo I'd ordered, there's a button missing from the left cuff.
Will have to pluck one off a set of my old camo.

dilli-theclaw
12-06-2007, 18:52
Having something of a setback on my right eye - the operated on one. It's bleeding profusely into it again :(

homealone
12-06-2007, 19:32
Ebuyer expecting me to post back a broken cold cathode tube worth 2.99 as it was bust in transit . Gave them chance to just replace it as a measure of good will and this didnt happen so from here on in ill be doing no business with ebuyer and recommending everyone here avoids them also.

Ive also link them to this post and will see if anyone looks at the advice I give on this forum and if they actually realise that me never recommending ebuyer again could lose them quite a bit of money

I've joined you in that opinion, Zingle - ever since I was charged a re-stocking fee for an item I had to return because their description of it was incorrect I have not and will not use them :(

zing_deleted
12-06-2007, 19:38
They aint responded so stuff em ;)

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Having something of a setback on my right eye - the operated on one. It's bleeding profusely into it again :(

Oh no I hope it gets sorted mate

joglynne
12-06-2007, 19:40
First time using my new Logitech wireless key board and mouse.:bsmack: Don't know what I pressed or did but it's started my printer to copy a page of the forum. Thought I would be posting in the Happy Thread but I'm not happy any more.:(

Theodoric
12-06-2007, 20:26
First time using my new Logitech wireless key board and mouse.:bsmack: Don't know what I pressed or did but it's started my printer to copy a page of the forum. Thought I would be posting in the Happy Thread but I'm not happy any more.:(
Well, if it's like my Logitech cordless keyboard, then it's stuffed to the eyeballs with keys that do all sorts of useless things. If it's one of the F keys, I believe that you can switch off all this Logitech rubbish.

dilli-theclaw
12-06-2007, 23:46
I have to go back in the morning....

joglynne
13-06-2007, 00:04
Well, if it's like my Logitech cordless keyboard, then it's stuffed to the eyeballs with keys that do all sorts of useless things. If it's one of the F keys, I believe that you can switch off all this Logitech rubbish.

It's the Logitec cordless EX110. Goodness knows what I pushed. Tried bits and pieces but can' get it to do it again. My son bought it for me for my birthday and as he knows my sad level of computer knowledge he wouldn't give me anything that wasn't pretty fool proof. Guess it's my klutz keyboard skills winning again. :D

Not sure if I like the cordless mouse. Not having a wire is good but the extra weight feels peculiar.

Ah well. Change is always unsettling and my old keyboard was shot.:cry: S'pose I could put the disc in and see what it says I can do. Trouble with plug and play and XP you (I :)) don't feel the need to read manuals any more.

homealone
13-06-2007, 00:10
I have to go back in the morning....

good luck :tu:

danielf
13-06-2007, 00:33
good luck :tu:

Ditto. Hope you get it sorted.

Halcyon
13-06-2007, 12:12
Today, everything I do seems to be going wrong.
I just hope things pick up tommorow.

Maggy
13-06-2007, 19:59
The world seems to be going to hell all at once...I must stop listening to the news..So depressing this week.:(

dilli-theclaw
13-06-2007, 20:04
Well they found the problem as in it's more bleeding and the blood is also causing milky vision..

Unfortunatley as the retina is still healing from the op there is nothing they can do for a few more months :(

Ah well, at least I get to see more interesting things ;)

Alien
14-06-2007, 07:20
Think you need to start off with lower impact cardio . Maybe treadmill at the gym or just skipping at home.
Or even a treadmill at home... I really should use mine more. :(

The disadvantage of a gym, or going for a walk/run is that if you suddenly realise you've reached your limit you've still got to get yourself home. If you execise at home & reach your limit, then at least you haven't got far to go to get into a nice hot bath. :D

Well they found the problem as in it's more bleeding and the blood is also causing milky vision..

Unfortunatley as the retina is still healing from the op there is nothing they can do for a few more months :(
:(

TheDaddy
14-06-2007, 10:11
Ah well, at least I get to see more interesting things ;)

Pah who needs LSD ;)......... good luck :tu:

sssshhhh
14-06-2007, 12:43
It was my birthday Tuesday and I was meant to go out last Sat to celebrate. My best mate of the last 10 years asked would I mind going out this week as her partner (of 2 months) had a rare week end off and would like to come too. Also her partner was bringing 3 mates along. I have organised a minibus to accomodate for everyone, and unforunately she has now said that as her partner doesn't like one of the people who are going she won't go, so now my best mate has dropped out too. And the extra people they invited. So I had to cancel the minibus as it's now too expensive. I am annoyed that she knew this other person would be going a month and a half ago, I made sure she had the option of going or not so there would be no bad feeling on the night. I am even more annoyed that I arranged my birthday plans around her partner and they let me know 2 days before the event they are not going. So now I've cancelled the night out in town altogether, and I'm going out with one close mate to the local pub and tandoori after.

There is a plus side - it's the best tandoori in Wales and I know the owner well so I might get a freebie.

Xaccers
14-06-2007, 13:08
Put an item up on another forum for sale.
It's £80 new, I'm asking £50.
Someone's just posted a link saying that there's one already for sale (without box) for £35, "Just thought you'd like to know"
So, lets see, I'm asking for £50 because it's worth £50 (actually worth a bit more).
He's buying someone else's for £35, so it's no longer available.
Exactly what was the point of his post other than to try and give the impression I'm overcharging?

sssshhhh
14-06-2007, 13:28
he's prob hoping you'll offer it to him for even less. tightwad.

Maggy
14-06-2007, 15:37
Someone please pull the plug..the old man is watching the Bonanza Movie...:help:

zing_deleted
14-06-2007, 20:37
whacked my wrist ganglion with a hammer today cuz it had come back and was saw. Big mistake the pain was so intense I went white and dizzy ouch dont think ill be bursting it next time :Yikes: :disturbd:

Mr_love_monkey
14-06-2007, 21:36
whacked my wrist ganglion with a hammer today cuz it had come back and was saw. Big mistake the pain was so intense I went white and dizzy ouch dont think ill be bursting it next time :Yikes: :disturbd:

You shouldn't post things like that......

atleast not without pictures :)

Maggy
14-06-2007, 22:13
You shouldn't post things like that......

atleast not without pictures :)

Actually the mental image was sufficient.:D Very Wily Coyote.;)

sorry Zingy.:kiss:

zing_deleted
14-06-2007, 22:23
Just been told its Idiots like me that makes these forums negative and a waste of time

Maggy
14-06-2007, 22:25
Just been told its Idiots like me that makes these forums negative and a waste of time

Who by?They don't know you very well do they?:hugs:

zing_deleted
14-06-2007, 22:30
cant say as id get in trouble then lol but no they dont :)

Nugget
14-06-2007, 23:18

Now if they'd said nonsense and a load of pony, they might have had a point ;)

Mr_love_monkey
14-06-2007, 23:22
Now if they'd said nonsense and a load of pony, they might have had a point ;)

Ohhhhhhhh listen to her! meow!

Nugget
14-06-2007, 23:26
Ohhhhhhhh listen to her! meow!

And here's the epitomy of nonsense and pony :D

Mr_love_monkey
14-06-2007, 23:33
And here's the epitomy of nonsense and pony :D

Nonsense and pony????????? how dare you! - I post high quality, itelligent missives

I've never been so insulted in my whole life....

oh, hang on - nope, you're right - it _is_ nonsense and pony, I was looking at someone else posts.

Chris W
15-06-2007, 01:10
not being able to get to sleep when i have to be up at 5am for work. grrrrrrr

homealone
15-06-2007, 01:28
not being able to get to sleep when i have to be up at 5am for work. grrrrrrr
that is a bummer, indeed, I'm reminded of oversleeping a 2-10 shift :erm:

Jules
15-06-2007, 01:54
Not being able to sleep when I am dead on my feet, got to hate insomnia haven't you :(

Halcyon
15-06-2007, 11:27
Not being able to sleep when I am dead on my feet, got to hate insomnia haven't you :(

Join the club. I''m not sleeping well either at the moment.
It's really annoying.

Jules
15-06-2007, 12:22
Just noticed your post Dilli, I hope things settle down soon for you.

dilli-theclaw
15-06-2007, 12:42
Just noticed your post Dilli, I hope things settle down soon for you.Thanks, and you :tu:

I'm going away for the weekend to try and relax :)

Jules
15-06-2007, 12:43
Great news were are you going?

dilli-theclaw
15-06-2007, 12:45
Great news were are you going?Chichester to stay with my sister. No computers, only messenger on my phone ;)

Jules
15-06-2007, 12:48
Have a great time and as it is the moan thread I better moan about something......................................... .................................................. ........hmmm I am not going away anywhere in the near future.

dilli-theclaw
15-06-2007, 12:52
Have a great time and as it is the moan thread I better moan about something......................................... .................................................. ........hmmm I am not going away anywhere in the near future.Just think you could always come and visit me when I'm back ;) I know what'll make you sleep.... I have a large hammer or a bat here.

;):D

Alien
15-06-2007, 16:53
Feeling like someone's using a pair of these on me at random intervals:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:TdiNE_VkxCPyjM:http://www.quantumenergy.com.au/Portals/3/Nutcracker.jpg

Doc has given me something which will hopefully sort it, & have taken some painkillers, but for the moment all I can say [without it being censored] is "ow!" :(

Maggy
15-06-2007, 18:56
Just think you could always come and visit me when I'm back ;) I know what'll make you sleep.... I have a large hammer or a bat here.

;):D

ah if you're going to be away for a while then I can polish up your surprise..;)

Tezcatlipoca
16-06-2007, 02:21
Way too much work this week, & last week.

Late finish almost every day.

Many people were on holiday or off sick, so there was even more work for the rest of us.

And, although my boss is off next week ( :D :D :D ), she's left me a big pile of crap to sort out for Tuesday (which she should have done two months ago), along with me still obviously having my own work to do & covering for her.

AGH! :mad:

Still, it'll be hectic, but at least we'll be free of nagging :)

Maggy
17-06-2007, 02:42
The search facility is still being an pain but that's not my main complaint.:rolleyes:

Went to the cinema and had some real oiks sitting behind me putting their feet up on the back of my seat(and my son's) and getting the back of my seat kicked in several times a minute.At one point I did object and asked the lad to stop.Then halfway through the film they left one by one....Who the hell pays to go to the cinema and then skips off?:mad:

I think I'll get my witchdoctor beads out and wish boils on the bum for them..then they won't be able to sit down at all.:angel:

lauzjp
17-06-2007, 12:36
....Who the hell pays to go to the cinema and then skips off?:mad:

kids who get too much pocket money! :td: then when they get booted out of the family home realise that they get less on the dole than they did from Mum & Dad, so turn to crime... :nono:

dilli-theclaw
17-06-2007, 13:24
ah if you're going to be away for a while then I can polish up your surprise..;)Surprise?

Maggy
17-06-2007, 18:03
Surprise?

not quite refined yet...;) Been sidetracked by family.

dilli-theclaw
17-06-2007, 18:13
Okdoke - I look forward to it with interest then :) :tu:

Stuart
18-06-2007, 16:46
My moan? Nieghbours having Builders in. It hasn't happened yet, but I heard something the other day about one of my neighbours thinking of having a second extension built. They only moved in a couple of years ago. If they are considering a second extension (the first was on the side, the second is on the back) this soon, surely they didn't buy a large enough house?

Actually, it's not so much that that's the moan. It's just they are the latest in a line of neighbours to have extensions, and it's starting to feel a little like I am living on a building site.

Graham M
18-06-2007, 17:16
Being handed a Dell to fix only to find it has lots of USB Ports but NO PS/2 Ports!!! The only USB Keyboard in the place was the one that I was using. Grr!

Tezcatlipoca
18-06-2007, 21:10
Actually, it's not so much that that's the moan. It's just they are the latest in a line of neighbours to have extensions, and it's starting to feel a little like I am living on a building site.

Heh, *this* was living on a building site.... ;) :(

(but a small selection of many, many photos of the "House of Pain" Dec. '05 / Jan. '06... got others which are far worse)

Jules
18-06-2007, 21:40
Living room could do with a dust :rofl:

Tezcatlipoca
18-06-2007, 21:52
LOL.

Could've done with a wall, too!

multiskilled
18-06-2007, 22:10
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. "

I thought that was a quote from a film, now I realise you were talking about your house. ;) :D

Maggy
18-06-2007, 23:07
This site is resembling a war zone more and more as each week passes.

Where have all the fish threads gone?Where are all the puns?Where has the fun gone.

Tezcatlipoca
18-06-2007, 23:23
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. "

I thought that was a quote from a film, now I realise you were talking about your house. ;) :D

LOL, indeed. Just lucky the non-CORGI boiler installation never blew up lol.

Quote's from "Aliens".

Where have all the fish threads gone?Where are all the puns?Where has the fun gone.

Fish?

If you want puns, check out the blind bridge builder (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20/33616049-two-jailed-after-bridge-built-blind.html) thread ;)

Alien
19-06-2007, 01:45

You know what they say Coggy, there's a time & a plaice for everything. People can't just start posting puns just for the halibut.

Maggy
19-06-2007, 01:49
You know what they say Coggy, there's a time & a plaice for everything. People can't just start posting puns just for the halibut.

I know that.I'm just haddock up to here with all the whinging and whining on this site recently...

I just wish they would take themselves off some plaice else..

Cobbydaler
19-06-2007, 07:00
I know that.I'm just haddock up to here with all the whinging and whining on this site recently...

You can't Mako them unfor-tuna-tely...

Mr_love_monkey
19-06-2007, 08:49

No need to keep carping on about it, you batter believe things will get better soon, and this place will get it's sole back soon

Alien
19-06-2007, 09:30
No matter which subject you choose to bass your puns on, it's only a matter of time before people start to flounder. I suppose you could keep whiting for someone to come up with more, & I suppose there are blenny of possibilities, but ide probably get moaned at if I used up all the good ones. You could find some with google, & of course there's salmon Wikipedia as well. I'm saury if I've used any that others were planning on using, as I wouldn't want to be shellfish. I'm not sure weever anybody will want to continue this, but I just couldn't resist the crappie puns. :disturbd:

Nugget
19-06-2007, 10:11
No matter which subject you choose to bass your puns on, it's only a matter of time before people start to flounder. I suppose you could keep whiting for someone to come up with more, & I suppose there are blenny of possibilities, but ide probably get moaned at if I used up all the good ones. You could find some with google, & of course there's salmon Wikipedia as well. I'm saury if I've used any that others were planning on using, as I wouldn't want to be shellfish. I'm not sure weever anybody will want to continue this, but I just couldn't resist the crappie puns. :disturbd:

Yup, I know it's the third time that I've used this one, but I still reckon that it'd take a manta rayse the stakes like this ;)

Stuart
19-06-2007, 10:12
Oh, Cod..

Alien
19-06-2007, 10:14
Yup, I know it's the third time that I've used this one, but I still reckon that it'd take a manta rayse the stakes like this ;)
Well I'd hake to steal your thunder Nug, I know you usually prefer to do most of the punning around here, but I just wanted to eelpout.

Nugget
19-06-2007, 11:06
Well I'd hake to steal your thunder Nug, I know you usually prefer to do most of the punning around here, but I just wanted to eelpout.

Just keep on breaming :)

joglynne
19-06-2007, 15:01
Looks like my son will have a whale of a time at Glastonbury this year, should be lots of mud skippers about the plaice. :)

Russ
20-06-2007, 14:05
Londoners who think the rest of us know their city as well as they do.

punky
20-06-2007, 14:11
You lot are skate-ing on thin ice...

Stuart
20-06-2007, 14:15
Londoners who think the rest of us know their city as well as they do.

Well, London is the centre of the Universe... :D

Stop A-tench-ion seeking.

Maggy
20-06-2007, 14:59
I'm thinking of becoming really subversive....a few included fish puns in a few whinging and whaling posts...Except it would probably go over a few heads.:(

Mr_love_monkey
20-06-2007, 23:35
Got a letter from HSBC today, bit snooty, saying, that the cheque that I wrote on one of my accounts, was more than the money that was in there, so they transferred money out of the main account into that account to cover the cheque, so it didn't bounce and I didn't get charged a fee...

All well and good, except... a) I didn't write a cheque, and b) the account in question doesn't have a cheque book associated with it

So I spent 20 odd minutes trying to explain the point to someone in India, and why I was a bit annoyed about it, and didn't quite seem to grasp what the problem was :

'So you are saying you didnt write the cheque?'
'Thats right, I didnt write the cheque from the non existent cheque book on the account that doesnt have a cheque book'.
'Thats strange - do you have all your cards still?'
'Yes, but what has that got to do with anything - it was a cheque'
'oh yes - thats strange'

It annoys me because a) surely something somewhere must have registered that this account doesn't have a cheque book, so a cheque going through should be a bit strange b) the cheque number was 100093, and the account has been dormant for over 4 years now, with only £1 in there - didn't that set any alarm bells off?

handyman
20-06-2007, 23:45
Snip

Perhaps someone has applied for a cheque book on your account?

Maggy
20-06-2007, 23:50
Sorry Mr LM but it's going to take a visit to your bank over this one.:(

Tezcatlipoca
20-06-2007, 23:50
Card fraud! :mad:

Checked my statement online...

... saw an entry for "ARGOS RETAIL GROUP INTERNET".

Eh? WTF? I haven't bought anything from Argos...

Luckily, Argos must have noticed something dodgy about it, as the money bounced back into my account the next working day as a refund.

Phoned the bank..."Yes, looks suspicious...we'll cancel your card & send you a new one."

So now I have to wait 3-4 days for a new card :(

Mr_love_monkey
20-06-2007, 23:56
Perhaps someone has applied for a cheque book on your account?

Nope, she even checked to see that there was no C/book on the account

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Sorry Mr LM but it's going to take a visit to your bank over this one.:(

Well, it's now been passed over to be investigated, and someone should call me back in 24 hours. Have to wait and see

Maggy
21-06-2007, 13:30
I'm definitely invisible in some threads here..or some folk can't read...:erm:

dilli-theclaw
21-06-2007, 13:41
Can't - or won't read ;)

Well I still love you :)

My moan - my pocket pc 2003 update says it takes 80mins to complete!!!

Alien
21-06-2007, 13:45
Hey amago, I know this thread is intended for people to discus their moans & pet hates, but after herring everyone's moans lately I just felt like lightening the mood. :D

I'm thinking of becoming really subversive....a few included fish puns in a few whinging and whaling posts...Except it would probably go over a few heads.:(
I suppose it's possible, given the diversity of the audience, but I don't think a few puns would do too much to detract from the porpoise of the thread. ;)

Halcyon
22-06-2007, 16:00
Moan: Getting soaked in the rain all this week.

I am soooo tired.
Thankgoodness it is the weekend. I just want to go to sleeep.

Maggy
22-06-2007, 16:16
:wtf:

Now the 'Nigerian' scammers are approaching me through Yahoo Groups...I've had an invitation to join 'someone's Yahoo group'.

:banghead:

As-salam 'alaykum,
How are you doing? I am HASSAN IBRAHIM a merchant in DUBAI,I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer, It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous,I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know
that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world.
Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends.I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul. so,I have decided to give also to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria, India and Malaysia. Now that my
health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore.
I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be
contended with what I have left for them.I will want you to help me collect my last deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations which I deposited in security/finance house abroad, which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of (Twenty five Million, Five Hundred Thousand U.S dollars) I have set aside 25% for you, then 5% for any expenses incured.If you are interested, please send your prompt reply to my email address below which you will have to reply to if you will be kind enough to assist;

At least someone has complained about it and the group is no more.

Gareth
22-06-2007, 16:29
Wow, lucky you, Incognitas... 25% of $25M is a lot of money.

lauzjp
22-06-2007, 18:32
stand-by. who invented it and what purpose is it supposed to serve- I am forever switching things off that Anton has left on stand-by, or pulling out plugs that don't need to be plugged in... gah! :rolleyes:

Maggy
23-06-2007, 21:30
Ahhhhhhh!Now we have a whole new crop of threads about the same subject.Why the heck don't they just stick to the old ones...If I kept starting a new thread on the same subject over and over I'd be told off and the threads would be merged or closed..:mad:

Graham M
24-06-2007, 01:31
Thed prefidcted oncoming hangovber :D