PDA

View Full Version : V+ Absolute Nightmare!!!!!!!!

Daz/Teeside
17-05-2007, 22:10
:mad:
To cut a very long story short, I had V+ installed on Tuesday 15th May unsuccesfully.The engineer left after 20 mins in which time he didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. After the magic two hours the box was still not able to receive any channels, and it's now Thursday and nothing has changed. I have had another engineer out yesterday, who also couldn't fix the problem even after the magic two hours, I have spent god knows how many hours on the phone to people all over the world, who all gave me the same instructions, switch off, switch on, remove card, replace card. I have come to the conclusion that basically no body has a clue what is wrong or how to fix it. Every time I speak to someone they tell me something different, and then transfer me to somebody else and it all starts again, switch off, switch on................. I have now unplugged the box and reinstalled my trusty sky digibox as the card is still active. I am once again waiting for a call from someone who is going to resolve the problem,I think not. I am thinking about telling them to forget it and remove the box as it appears I am never going to get the problem solved.
My advice to anyone considering V+ is think long and hard and if you do decide to go for it hang on to the engineer until it is working even if you have to hold him/her hostage because once he/she leaves you have had it.

on in an hour!
17-05-2007, 22:20
:mad:
To cut a very long story short, I had V+ installed on Tuesday 15th May unsuccesfully.The engineer left after 20 mins in which time he didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. After the magic two hours the box was still not able to receive any channels, and it's now Thursday and nothing has changed. I have had another engineer out yesterday, who also couldn't fix the problem even after the magic two hours, I have spent god knows how many hours on the phone to people all over the world, who all gave me the same instructions, switch off, switch on, remove card, replace card. I have come to the conclusion that basically no body has a clue what is wrong or how to fix it. Every time I speak to someone they tell me something different, and then transfer me to somebody else and it all starts again, switch off, switch on................. I have now unplugged the box and reinstalled my trusty sky digibox as the card is still active. I am once again waiting for a call from someone who is going to resolve the problem,I think not. I am thinking about telling them to forget it and remove the box as it appears I am never going to get the problem solved.
My advice to anyone considering V+ is think long and hard and if you do decide to go for it hang on to the engineer until it is working even if you have to hold him/her hostage because once he/she leaves you have had it.
watch this space daz,there are plenty of forum members will be able to sort you out,just might take a little time for them to view your thread.;)

awibble
18-05-2007, 08:02
You probably need a new box.... I'm on my 4th now (had 1 Silver TVdrive and 3 Black V+ boxes).

The problem seems to be sometimes they sent the hit but it never arrives.

Do you have anything else plugged into the network at the moment?
If you dont, then i would try getting the box hit again, if you get a UK CS rep, they would be able to do that for you over the phone.

I'm not sure where the 2 hour thing comes from, i think its just techs not wanting to wait, as the tech that always comes here, says that if t doesnt happen in a few minuites, theres a problem and he calls to get it done again.

Daz/Teeside
18-05-2007, 10:36
Hi, Thanks for the reply,
I don't have anything else connected to the box. The message in the technical section menu is constantly showing 'card never paired'. I have also noticed the stb number in the technical menu section is different to the stb number on the back of the box. The last two numbers on the box are 63 and on the menu screen they are 62 didn't know if this was causing it. Have rang and spoken to various people who all say the system says successful but the messages I constantly get on screen are:- you are not subscribe to v+ / your card is not inserted correctly ( even though it is). and you have not subscribed to these channels.

awibble
18-05-2007, 11:39
in that case sounds like you might need to have them unpaired and paired again.

Its odd that the label is wrong, but i would guess what it says on screen would be the right one.

Daz/Teeside
18-05-2007, 14:45
Cheers,
I have decided I will ring them tonight AGAIN after work, I don't think they are going to contact me,and I will tell them what to do to try and rectify the problem. I have read a few suggestions on the forum along with yours so I will put these ideas to them, or maybe I should give them a link to this forum! Hopefully it will be resolved very soon or I may have to go back to Sky.
I will let you know how I get on, if at all!:Yikes:

Daz/Teeside
20-05-2007, 18:12
It's now Sunday and I am still not receiving any channels through my new v+ box. I have had to contact Virgin Media as no one has been in touch with me, the man in the faults department this morning assured me that he was going to fix the problem and in TWO HOURS (I think i've heard this before) I was to ring back and it will be sorted, after four hours it was, and still is the same. I have rang again since and spoken to yet a different lady, who told me Virgin have tried to contact me and have now closed the fault ticket, which would mean to me that they had completed the job successfully, but this is not the case. I now have no faith or confidence in any body I speak to on the phone and really don't think they have a clue how to rectify this problem. The job has now have been passed forward to the management faults department who will contact me (allegedly) but this could take another four days. I am going to give them the four days to contact me and tell me that they have fixed the problem otherwise I am going to cancel it and go back to Sky.
I am still being told on screen that I am not subscribed to the v+ service and my card is not inserted correctly, and in the technical info. It is showing my card as never being paired. I have informed them that my stb number on the back of the box doesn't match that on screen but still no body listens!!!!
I am running out of patience very very quickly.

punky
20-05-2007, 18:48
:welcome: to the site.

We do have a contact within VM who helps resolve problems for our members. If you want, PM me your VM account details, along with your contact details, and i'll pass them on.

Daz/Teeside
24-05-2007, 13:58
:tu:Success at last! Gavin’s contact in Virgin media, did promptly call me the next day, twice in fact to sort out the problem. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of his control it was Wednesday before I was up and running. The problem was, other than not being able to speak to anyone with a technical back ground, the card that was inserted into the box was not compatible with my postal area. This had been mentioned to the numerous people I had spoken to on the phone, after reading previous posts on this forum. The third engineer turned up at 16.30 and at 17.15 everything was working. He knew exactly what he was doing and was not going to leave the premises until the box was active. He to had to ring through twice as the person who was sending the hits to the new box didn’t bother to do it the first time, so it’s not just the customer who has these communication problems, he even fitted me a new box outside as the butcher who did the original installation smashed it when he was checking the cable. I even received a phone call from the area manager apologizing for what had happened and checking the engineer had arrived and was on with the job.
I would like to thank everyone who answered my posts and anyone who dealt with this for me. I honestly believe if I had not registered with the forum, I would still be trying to get this resolved. As for the V+ box itself, up to now I am well impressed with it.
Thanks again.;)

Nedkelly
24-05-2007, 19:33
Good see the contacts in VM getting things done :)

ncarey
04-06-2007, 20:52
:tu:Success at last! Gavin’s contact in Virgin media, did promptly call me the next day, twice in fact to sort out the problem. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of his control it was Wednesday before I was up and running. The problem was, other than not being able to speak to anyone with a technical back ground, the card that was inserted into the box was not compatible with my postal area. This had been mentioned to the numerous people I had spoken to on the phone, after reading previous posts on this forum. The third engineer turned up at 16.30 and at 17.15 everything was working. He knew exactly what he was doing and was not going to leave the premises until the box was active. He to had to ring through twice as the person who was sending the hits to the new box didn’t bother to do it the first time, so it’s not just the customer who has these communication problems, he even fitted me a new box outside as the butcher who did the original installation smashed it when he was checking the cable. I even received a phone call from the area manager apologizing for what had happened and checking the engineer had arrived and was on with the job.
I would like to thank everyone who answered my posts and anyone who dealt with this for me. I honestly believe if I had not registered with the forum, I would still be trying to get this resolved. As for the V+ box itself, up to now I am well impressed with it.
Thanks again.;)

Do you think this could fix my problem? I had my V+ box installed 5 days ago, we rang up after 24 hours as our previously subscirbed channels still appeared as unsubscribed, they gave us a hit and it now says we are subscribed to those channels. But all of the channels we are subscribed (except the ones u get with a freeview box e.g BBC 1,2,3,4, news24 , Channel 4 & itv 1 and 2) all i get is a black screen. so e.g press 511 and it selects the channel as normal but it displays nothing but a black screen? what do you recommend?

bioboy
05-06-2007, 13:55
I have the same problem with my STB. Had it installed Friday and now I have only 8 channels instead of the 19 I had on analogue! Most channels are greyed out, but even some that show as subscribed just show a black screen if you click on them.

I've phoned up 3 times and told them that I get a "1008" error and my card is invalid (showing as never paired). On Saturday I was told it would be passed on to level 2 who would fix it within 48 hours and phone me back (got my home and mobile numbers). Phoned last night and they said it would take 3-5 working days, so 5-7 days in all. Ridiculous!

Any chance of somebody on here putting in a word for me at VM?

Bill

bioboy
06-06-2007, 11:32
All my channels suddenly appeared around 8pm last night. Luvvly Jubbly!

Bill