PDA

View Full Version : Call divert codes

sianl
17-05-2007, 12:24
Hi,

I've got a landline with Virgin Media. I've set up a call divert service, but I'm having problems finding out what the codes for turning it on and off are. I've phoned Virgin several times and have been told to use *21*[insert no.]# or *61*[insert no.]# to turn it on, and #21# or #61# to turn it off again. However, these codes do nothing for me.

Yesterday I thought I had a breakthrough - I was told to try *70[insert no.]# to turn on a divert, and #70 to turn it off, and this worked! :) However, this sets up an immediate divert (i.e., my phone rings once, and then diverts). What I really want is the codes for the other options that Virgin offer, i.e. a code for an unanswered call (phone rings a few times and then diverts) and a code for busy calls.

Yesterday I did a bit of hunting online, and found an old ntl information pack for my area. I believe my line used to be an ntl line, as Virgin have given me an ntl email address. I was a bit disheartened with what I found though... it seems that different regions have different codes. According to the ntl information, my phone number seems to fall into a region (I live in Cambridge, post code CB1, area code 01223) for which there is only one option, which is the *70 option to divert all of your calls.

Can anyone confirm that there are certain regions of the country where there are no available codes to divert a busy or an unanswered call? Is *70 really my only option? :confused: It seems odd that Virgin say I have three options, when in fact this does not seem to be the case.

Any help massively appreciated!

Cheers,
Sian

PS, In my hunting I have found two sets of codes that may at least be useful for other people!

Service codes for BT and some ntl regions:
All incoming calls: *21*[no.]#
All Busy calls: *61*[no.]#
All unanswered calls: *67*[no.]#

Service codes for Telewest:
All incoming calls: *70[no.]#
All Busy calls: *71[no.]#
All unanswered calls: *76[no.]#

punky
17-05-2007, 12:29
:welcome: to the site Sian

thanx for sharing those codes :tu: :clap:

Hopefully someone will be along soon to help.

bigrich1976
17-05-2007, 12:56
I actually work for ex TW as a voice analyst for business.

What might be working doing is contacting resi faults and asking if the function of divert on busy and no reply can be added to the line. The feature has to be placed on the switch against your number before you can utilize it.

Hope this helps
Rich

sianl
17-05-2007, 14:33
Thanks Rich! Are 'resi faults' like the residential faults department...? I'm not up with the lingo! :) Should I be able to get to them through customer services?

bigrich1976
17-05-2007, 15:20
Yes, Sorry Residential Faults....

sianl
17-05-2007, 17:06
Hiya,

Well I spoke to Virgin again, and they said that the call divert for busy calls had never been swiched on! So I guess you were right.

Codes still not working though... so currently I have calls that divert when busy or answered (Virgin set this up when I was on the phone, including the number to divert to), but no codes to give me the option to switch these services off or divert to a different number.

Could be worse but I would like to not be permanently rushing for the phone in case it diverts before I get to it.

Thanks for the help, but I am becoming more and more suspicious that codes on this old ntl line just do not exist. :eeek:

Sian

sianl
22-05-2007, 10:49
Hello,

Just bringing this to a close really...

I have been given a final set of codes, apparently for my area, although (you guessed it) they don't seem to work! Having had another look at the 2006 ntl welcome pack, and my virgin phone pack, I've noticed that both only list the *70 code, so I'm thinking that possibly this really is the only working code in this area. If anyone else lives in Cambridge (area code 01223) I would be interested to know if they have any other working call divert codes on their phoneline.

Anyway, here is a list of all the codes that I have been given (also, I noticed that the ones I gave above were slightly inaccurate - sorry about that - too late to edit, but these ones are right!) :dunce:

Service codes for BT and some Virgin regions:
All incoming calls: *21*[no.]#
All busy calls: *61*[no.]#
All unanswered calls: *67*[no.]#

#code# to remove

Service codes for ex-Telewest:
All busy calls: *76[no.]#
All unanswered calls: *77[no.]#

#code to remove

Service codes for Cambridge?!:
All busy calls: *71[no.]#
All unanswered calls: *72[no.]#

#code to remove

Hope this is of use to some of you! ;)
Sian

sianl
31-05-2007, 11:22
Just to add...

I have it on good authority that the codes for Cambridge are in fact:

*70[number]#
*90[number]#
*91[number]#

I've now cancelled my divert so haven't been able to test this out! :rolleyes:

But hey, it may be of some use to someone!

Sian

chrisfesta
15-05-2008, 18:04
Hi All,
I won't bore you all with the details of my problems with Virgin media, but thought it might be useful to some people to share what the the problem was in my case.

I treid to setup call divert over the last month and everytime I spoke to someone I was told "Call divert has been added but not activated" followed by "I can add it for you now but it will take 24 hours to activate". I phoned VM in excess of 25 times over a month and got no where.

Today I spoke to ofcom who gave me VM's head office number (01256 752000 if anybody wants to call them) and managed to speak to someone who had half a clue about what he was on about.

He bascially told me that it was the "Free Voicemail" on the line that had stopped call divert from being setup each time. So if you are having trouble setting up divert like I did, then try suggesting to the customer service rep that they remove the voicemail; I know this sounds silly & they should know what they are going on about, but as I say I made more calls trying to sort this out than I care to remember and not once did any of them think of this.

HTH

Chris

Wild Oscar
23-07-2008, 13:13
this seems to be the relevant page ... http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getContent.jspx?page=h_telephony_advanced_calldive rt_1

Although it doesn't mention a conflict with the 'Free Voicemail'

andiejack
18-01-2010, 10:30
Just found a link to a PDF that explains all codes etc and areas which might be useful to everyone:-

www.virginmedia.com/customers/pdf/phone-user-guides/main-guide.pdf