PDA

View Full Version : CPW and O2

DocDutch
15-05-2007, 14:36
Guys,

okay I have a nice K800i from CarPhoneWarehouse (CPW) on a 12 month O2 35 contract (so I pay roughly £35 on contract).

Now today I had a nice text from CPW saying that I can upgrade my phone, but with all the phones that I want I either have to pay 30 or 80 quids on a 12 Month contract (phones are the SE K810i @ £30 or W880i @ £80) whilst if I go to a 18 month contract it would be free.

Now I done a little check on the O2 websites and both phones are free there.

So what would you guys suggest I do with CPW, say that I want to cancel my phone as they are a rip-off and move to o2 or try and bargain with CPW to keep my business and see if the cancellations department would honour the price thats on the O2 website.

zing_deleted
15-05-2007, 14:57
Get on a contract thats on offer. Im looking at the orange dolphin 35 which comes with 500 mins and unlimited texts and on e2save you get 8 months line rental at 2.99 a month ( by redemption) so although you pay 35 quid a month with redemption its <20 quid and take your o2 number with you

DocDutch
15-05-2007, 15:17
Zing,. I dont want to leave O2 as my rates to calling abroad are quite cheap ... ie beating my NTL landline even on calling to a dutch mobile :O

also have been with Orange before and I never forgave myself for that mistake....crap network but thats my opinion.

zing_deleted
15-05-2007, 16:23
ok then renegotiate with CPW cuz he got a redemption offer off them resently

v0id
15-05-2007, 17:32
Why don't you just upgrade your handset with O2 directly instead of going through CPW?

dcclanuk
15-05-2007, 17:40
Guys,

okay I have a nice K800i from CarPhoneWarehouse (CPW) on a 12 month O2 35 contract (so I pay roughly £35 on contract).

Now today I had a nice text from CPW saying that I can upgrade my phone, but with all the phones that I want I either have to pay 30 or 80 quids on a 12 Month contract (phones are the SE K810i @ £30 or W880i @ £80) whilst if I go to a 18 month contract it would be free.

Now I done a little check on the O2 websites and both phones are free there.

So what would you guys suggest I do with CPW, say that I want to cancel my phone as they are a rip-off and move to o2 or try and bargain with CPW to keep my business and see if the cancellations department would honour the price thats on the O2 website.

LoL... I just called CPW [O2] last week to cancel my mum's contract, and so u go to the option to cancel, and u get to Customer Loyalty dept [aka RETENTIONS :D]. They offered me a deal that was slightly better than the website, ie 11 months free on a 12 month contract, SIM ONLY tho!

So basically, when u have 1 month left on ur contract, call them up, say u are leaving coz there is an offer in ur local mobile shop for £1 a month, including a ****ty fone, but 500 mins xnet on Vodafone. [Yes this offer was legit, but i didnt trust the company]. Then they will try and find u a deal. It will be a decent one;)

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Why don't you just upgrade your handset with O2 directly instead of going through CPW?

CPW o2 is not ur normal o2 in a way. Yes its o2, but even the customer service section is different! If u call the normal o2 Customer Service, u are not even on the system lol

DocDutch
15-05-2007, 18:45
cheers for the info there DCC :) have just spoken to a lovely lady at CPW retention and gave me what I wanted :D

dcclanuk
15-05-2007, 18:58
cheers for the info there DCC :) have just spoken to a lovely lady at CPW retention and gave me what I wanted :D

have u tried it at Virgin Media;)
u get close to wat u want;)

fireman328
15-05-2007, 19:08

Never mind about that, did you get the phone sorted out......:)

LSainsbury
15-05-2007, 19:48

She did her job you mean....talked another "angry" punter around for another year of hell with CPW.

DocDutch
15-05-2007, 20:10
well I got myself a K800i which is still perfect and at the moment there isnt a phone in my book that could take over from it so I've given the W880i to the missus as she's on payg and normally gets my 1 year old rejects.

the offer that I got was the free w880, cashback of 90 after the year (okay **** happens) and ITS which was already on my account I'm sure but hey still not to bad. and my bill is still only 30 a month :D

fireman328
15-05-2007, 20:12
She did her job you mean....talked another "angry" punter around for another year of hell with CPW.

"Cynic mode on" Oh you were talking about the phone ! "Cynic mode off" :)

DocDutch
16-05-2007, 17:11
well got me lovely W880i now ... but going to lose it again :( :( :bigcry: as my boss, missus or what ever you call the better half will nick it

vbnmu
19-05-2007, 01:46
Always go direct to O2 or any provider. I got myself an N95 free + £5 off line rental. I sold the N95 on ebay for 420! hahaha... and waiting for the new HTC to come out in Q3! or maybe the new Moto Banana!
Did u get the long weekend on O2?