PDA

View Full Version : Virgin quickstart installation issue

zester
14-05-2007, 21:30
hi,
i presently have a 'handed down' package from ntl - phone, analog tv & bb.

i want to upgrade my analog tv to digital.

VM list a quickstart option on their site ie you're sent the bits & pieces to self install which in my case would simply be fitting a new digital stb.

i phoned VM sales & cs but nobody knows anything about the quickstart self installation.

can anyone help as i dont want to pay £25 (current installation charge) to VM for just replacing a single stb.

many thanks.

Paul K
14-05-2007, 21:41
Got a list to this option as I thought that the self install was for SACM swap outs.
Hmmm found the page and saw this too
Quickstart self install not yet available in all areas.
Why not do it online?

zester
14-05-2007, 22:03
thanks for your reply paul,

tried to apply online but no option given for quickstart yet it plainly states it as an option (area dependant) - date option only given for engineer to install.

as i said customer services have no knowledge of it & when transferred to sales they said it was experimental & was now discontinued?

arcamalpha2004
18-05-2007, 16:52
thanks for your reply paul,

tried to apply online but no option given for quickstart yet it plainly states it as an option (area dependant) - date option only given for engineer to install.

as i said customer services have no knowledge of it & when transferred to sales they said it was experimental & was now discontinued?

Well that experiment did not last long.
VM need to update their mailshots then, I got one today offering " A highly trained engineer round at a convenient time to install it for you for just £25 ( including saturdays ) or if your home's already hooked up to vm you can use our quick start options"
The information was correct as of 04/07.