PDA

View Full Version : installation help desperately needed!

robbo83
13-05-2007, 14:08
Hi people,

I know this forum is for cable customers with problems but ive searched the internet for a week now and i see this as my last resort. My problem has nothing to do with cable but has a lot to do with cables (for installation). Ive just bought a Goodmans 27" LCD/ TV. HD Ready GTVL27W23HD and need some assistance on installation of cables and stuff. Im new to all this and haven't got a clue as to what the difference is between HDMI DVI VGA etc etc cables are and when they need to be used. I intend to buy a freeview box to connect to the TV and am also going to connect the tv to my pc and use it as a monitor. I am also using my xbox to view dvds at the moment. Can anybody please give me guidance on what cables are needed to connect the tv to a freeview box (the tv is in a bedroom and the signal is fed from a splitter downstairs ran from an outside aerial) and what cables are needed to connect it to my pc. With it being HD ready i would like to view the picture in HD as much as possible but don't know where to begin. please help!

Thanks, Rob.

zing_deleted
13-05-2007, 14:39
what graphics card is in the pc if its onboard you will connect with a vga cable if its a card and has dvi then you will want to use that. The free veiw box will just be a scart lead and the xbox whatever cables come with it

The only way you will get HD tv is subscription through sky or vm. However content off the pc should as long as its reasonable be output in higher resolution
:welcome: to the forum btw

robbo83
13-05-2007, 18:18
think the graphics are onboard so a VGA seems the right option. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!