PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision number busy

SpyJoe
12-05-2007, 23:53
I tried to vote for some countries today at EuroVision song contest, but it kept saying: "We r sorry, but there is a lot of demand for this number. Please try again later. U have not been charged for this call". I tried many times until the voting time stopped, so I didn't want for anyone from my crap VM phoneline. I did manage to vote from my mobile (3 network), but they charged me 1.39 for 2 calls, whereas they would have charged me 25p for each call from landline...

Last year I had BT phoneline and I voted for couple of countries without any problems, but this VM... :mad:

Anyone managed to vote from VM landline or nobody watches this funny contest? :dunce:

zing_deleted
12-05-2007, 23:58
I cant see how this is vm's fault its the destination number thats engaged . And voting for the eurovision your brave admitting that ;)

ShaneC
12-05-2007, 23:59
My god, you came on here and admitted that you watched that tripe :D

SpyJoe
13-05-2007, 00:03
Oh come on people. With a pint of Strongbow and a bunch of friends on a saturday night that show is quite good...

So it wasnt VM's fault then. Thank god, cos I blame everything on them these days. The number was busy coz there r a lot of dudes like me who enjoy a laugh when watching Eurovision...

on in an hour!
13-05-2007, 00:06
My god, you came on here and admitted that you watched that tripe :D
:LOL:

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

I tried to vote for some countries today at EuroVision song contest, but it kept saying: "We r sorry, but there is a lot of demand for this number. Please try again later. U have not been charged for this call". I tried many times until the voting time stopped, so I didn't want for anyone from my crap VM phoneline. I did manage to vote from my mobile (3 network), but they charged me 1.39 for 2 calls, whereas they would have charged me 25p for each call from landline...

Last year I had BT phoneline and I voted for couple of countries without any problems, but this VM... :mad:

Anyone managed to vote from VM landline or nobody watches this funny contest? :dunce:
for such a large intake of calls it'll probably BT who are handling the switching,so not really your VM line at fault.anyway,the dialling tone is louder on a VM line than a BT line so stop complaining :D :D :D

marky
13-05-2007, 00:25
But you can sleep knowing that you will have been charged for the calls ;)

papa smurf
13-05-2007, 07:52
nice try but nothing to do with vm,try lack of technology at the bt end

SpyJoe
13-05-2007, 10:24
If it's BT's fault, then it's even more terrible...

Paul H
13-05-2007, 10:48
but it kept saying: "We r sorry, but there is a lot of demand for this number. Please try again later. U have not been charged for this call".

Sounds like BT's fault. although I remember the Big Brother time it was either last year or the year before, and Telewest customers were complaining of not being able to get through to vote on the lines. that was Telewests fault. at the time people were saying that they couldn't even make a normal phone call on the Telewest system because it was overloaded.

cybernetic_tiger
13-05-2007, 21:18
Issues can arrise that mean that the local switch has reached its call handing limit or the interconnects between BT and VM become saturated. If these occasions are planned (like this) additional routing is put in place to take overflow calls cross network.

SpyJoe
14-05-2007, 09:38
Issues can arrise that mean that the local switch has reached its call handing limit or the interconnects between BT and VM become saturated. If these occasions are planned (like this) additional routing is put in place to take overflow calls cross network.

Looks like BT didnt do anything this year to stop preventing the number being busy...

Just watched bbc news and they said that over 10million people were watching eurovision. And probably 1/4 of them tried to vote...