PDA

View Full Version : Two Months and Counting

tunapelps
11-05-2007, 20:02
Hi

My phone got cut off due to a discount applied for subscription to Virgins digital television service. This was back on March 3rd. Since then despite numerous expensive mobile phone calls Virgin have not re-connected us. I phoned the 151 number and got through to the Indian call centre. They were useless, they had no authority to do anything and appeared to be reading replies from a script. They even said that someone would be in contact in two days but took no details! I sent them an email, got an automated response then nothing for three weeks. I then got a reply saying someone had tried to contact me by phone but it didn't work!!! I've since had more success with the customer service number who found out what the problem was. Their computer cancelled our account. They say it will be re-instated in the next 10 days. That was in the middle of April. Last time I phoned they said they were going to send someone out on the 18th of May (hope its this year).

All communication with Virgin Media has been one way i.e. from me to them. Apart from that one email I've had no replied from them. My question is; is this normal for telephone companies?

If I change to another provider will they put the price of the television service up?

Would I get better service as a new customer?

What the hell am I doing waiting so long:dunce:

Nedkelly
12-05-2007, 08:01
This is not very good customer service for something that can be don in half hour .You could try getting a fault tech out and say you have no dial tone because they would want to send a tech out anyway then the tech can get the line up and running in no time for you :)