PDA

View Full Version : Cable speeds dropping all the time....

kin242
06-05-2007, 23:19
I'm on a 4Gb package and my connection speed seems to be dropping all the time. Tonight I start downloading a demo and after 100Gig or so the speed on netmeter suddenly drops from 500 to 250... Its doing this all the bloody time lately and I'm getting really sick of it! Whats the point of paying for a 4 gig connection if whenever you want to use it it drops through the floor?

Going to move house in the autumn. Gues what the likelyhood of me ever going back to Virgin/NTL is?

Sirpingalot
06-05-2007, 23:39
It's the new rules that have been imposed. After a certain amount of data has been downloaded between the hours of 4pm and 12pm you will be throttled from 4mb to 2mb.

zing_deleted
06-05-2007, 23:42
I doubt your game demo was over 100 gig ;) can I have a 4 Gb connection too pretty please

I'm on a 4Gb package and my connection speed seems to be dropping all the time. Tonight I start downloading a demo and after 100Gig or so the speed on netmeter suddenly drops from 500 to 250... Its doing this all the bloody time lately and I'm getting really sick of it! Whats the point of paying for a 4 gig connection if whenever you want to use it it drops through the floor?

Going to move house in the autumn. Gues what the likelyhood of me ever going back to Virgin/NTL is?

Paul H
06-05-2007, 23:45
It's the new rules that have been imposed. After a certain amount of data has been downloaded between the hours of 4pm and 12pm you will be throttled from 4mb to 2mb.

He's on the 4Gb connection. that isn't included :D

Sirpingalot
06-05-2007, 23:47
You and your petty comments! :D

Tezcatlipoca
07-05-2007, 00:00

It's 4mbps, not 4Gb ;) :)

Sounds like you've been shaped :(

See here:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33613264-traffic-shaping-affecting-all-tiers.html