PDA

View Full Version : Setanta poaches ITV Sport presenter

Media Boy UK
06-05-2007, 20:55
ITV Sport's Angus Scott will front Setanta Sports' Premiership football coverage next season. Expert analysis will come from former Liverpool and England star Steve McManaman. The duo will broadcast live from the grounds rather than being based in a studio. They have been selected because they are both in their thirties and will appeal to the younger generation of football fans. Setanta is also gearing up to announce more pundits and its commentary team. More Here: http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcastnowarticle.aspx?intStoryID=168730 News from Broadcast Now.

on in an hour!
07-05-2007, 19:40
ITV Sport's Angus Scott will front Setanta Sports' Premiership football coverage next season. Expert analysis will come from former Liverpool and England star Steve McManaman. The duo will broadcast live from the grounds rather than being based in a studio. They have been selected because they are both in their thirties and will appeal to the younger generation of football fans. Setanta is also gearing up to announce more pundits and its commentary team. More Here: http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcastnowarticle.aspx?intStoryID=168730 News from Broadcast Now.
i may have missed some of your postings tv boy so dont get angry with me if youve already expained this,but what will us ex prem plus people have to do to recieve these 46 games,will it be a one-off subscription as per prem plus or is it going to cost us to subscribe wholly to setanta???

Media Boy UK
07-05-2007, 19:50
i may have missed some of your postings tv boy so dont get angry with me if youve already expained this,but what will us ex prem plus people have to do to recieve these 46 games,will it be a one-off subscription as per prem plus or is it going to cost us to subscribe wholly to setanta???

You will need 'Setanta Sport package' at E15 per month. Note: You need to keep Setanta in for one year with Sky OR one month with Virgin TV once orders. For more information see this: http://gb.setanta.tv/gbgetsetantasports.htm

on in an hour!
07-05-2007, 20:11
You will need 'Setanta Sport package' at E15 per month. Note: You need to keep Setanta in for one year with Sky OR one month with Virgin TV once orders. For more information see this: http://gb.setanta.tv/gbgetsetantasports.htm
thanks for that bud,dont think i'll be taking up that 'tempting' offer of £180 yearly subscription when i'll only be wanting to watch the 46 premier games,i'll be subscribing to the paint-drying and grass growing channels in place of the golf!!! boooooooooooorrrrrrrriiiinnnngg :D

Media Boy UK
04-06-2007, 13:01
Update: Setanta Sports has added former England footballer Les Ferdinand to its Premiership presenting line-up.

The ex-QPR striker will join ITV Sport's Angus Scott and former Liverpool and England player Steve McManaman who were recruited last month to front the channel's premier league football coverage, which begins in August.

The sports broadcaster paid £392 million for the rights to exclusively screen 46 Barclays Premier League games for three years from the 2007-2008 season, sharing coverage with Sky Sports, which will broadcast 92 games.

Ferdinand said: "I'm really looking forward to working alongside Steve and Angus at Setanta Sports. I played alongside Steve with England and it's going to be fantastic being at the station at the start of their exciting venture."

Info from Digital Spy.

Konrad
06-06-2007, 00:34
I have recently subscribed to Setanta. Could someone please tell me what will be available football -wise on Setanta next season. I watch all types of football - from Non-League, Irish, Scottish, Italian, Spanish etc etc. I heard Setanta have got the Conference League soccer live next season. Could someone please let me know what is going on. Setanta not very good at explaining what I can see in the UK next season? Will it all be included in my subscription as I am not paying any extra for pay per view. Come on Setanta advertise what you are doing because I have no idea what I can see next season??

Gareth
06-06-2007, 00:46
If only they'd take Lawrenson & Hansen from the Beeb too... that would really make my day, as I can't stand them and I've got no intention of subscribing to Setanta :D

signori
06-06-2007, 09:07
The e mail response is very helpful but the site is awful.

Freeview subbies get setanta 1 only by the way.

Not too hot on widescreen either.

Media Boy UK
25-07-2007, 17:38
Champion joins Setanta as commentator

Setanta Sports has signed Jon Champion to serve as a commentator for its coverage of the Premier League.

Champion, who will continue to work for ITV Sports alongside his new role, will split coverage of Setanta games with Ian Crocker. Former Scotland international Craig Burley joins as co-commentator.

Setanta's coverage of the Premier League begins in August.

You can see Setanta on BT Vision, Sky & Virgin Media [ Free to XL Viewers. ]

Info from Digital Spy.