PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed @ Talk Talk... grrr

Slyder
06-05-2007, 09:55
Not me personally, my friend is annoyed....

Cut a long story short, Talk Talk provide his phone line and Orange provide his internet. Simple really isnt it ? - or at least it sounds it.

After several years with the same setup, it seems Talk Talk have tried taking ownership of the internet just before the weekend and as a result of being unsuccessful, they have decided to cut his phone line off. (naughty naughty)

I know what Im thinking here, but as a second opinion from you guys, Im just wondering the legality of this.

tia... :)

Paul K
06-05-2007, 10:06
talk talk cannot take ownership unless something in his contract has changed.

Slyder
12-05-2007, 10:37
Its been 1 week now and yet again he has been quoted "sorry sir, your gonna have to call back tomorrow for an engineer report" Thats the same excuse he was given last Saturday and everday since... lol

Just had word he will be calling VM tonight and switching ADSL.

All's well that ends well. :)

Slyder
14-05-2007, 21:48
Legal advice now....

My friend has now gone over a week with no net. When he asked to cancel his account 5 mins ago, the cs rep told him he would have to pay £213 early charge on the basis he verbally agreed to an extended contract (over the phone). (which my friend says he did not say yes to anything - and they sent him new kit regardless)

Is he in his right to ask for the phone call recording of him saying "yes".. I would of thought he would be within his rights myself.

Shaun
14-05-2007, 22:32
If he's got no service and he's given them ample opportunity then they don't have a leg to stand on.

He needs to send them a recorded delivery letter telling them of the issues and that he wants them fixing by a set date (give them two weeks). In the letter state that unless they are fixed (on a permanent basis) by this date then he will be ceasing payment as the service isn't up to scratch in accordance with the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (http://www.netlawman.co.uk/acts/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982.php). In the letter state that if the service isn't fixed he considers any further obligations he has to them financially to be over.

Either they'll fix it, or they'll not. If they do then he really can't just get out of the contract. If they don't then consider it over and wait for them to try and chase him for the money. If the service stopped working and they haven't fixed it in a reasonable time I'd like to see them try. :)

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Also if he wants to move ADSL provider his current company MUST give him a MAC so he can leave them, them saying he owes them money is not a sufficient reason to refuse a MAC.

That way he can fight it out with them after he's moved rather than be trapped for months. :)

Slyder
15-05-2007, 06:53
He will be changing to VM, but has told them he is moving abroad. So no code required I would of thought.

He rang them last night again and wanted to cancel. Again he was quoted £213 as a charge. When he asked about hearing the recording of this verbal contract they openly admitted to him they could not prove it. :Yikes:

He is off down CAB today but I will let him know about sending a letter. :)