PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Install today

welwynrose
05-05-2007, 19:58
I persuaded my sister-in-law to have VM installed, she phoned last saturday to order & the install was today - she went for the VIP package like mine & it went really well - 1st guy turned up to do the inside stuff, one little problem as he didn't have it down for a V+ install but he phoned his supervisor and he promised to turn up with a V+ box (which he did), a little later two guys turned up to pull the cable from the cabinet - then they set up the phone & broadband, put a really nice silver samsung box upstairs as her 2nd box and the nice new Virgin branded V+ box downstairs - after he left we waited about an hour then a message appeared on the V+ box saying that the services were being activated - I tried the VOD worked lovely, tried the movie channels worked great, then I spoke to IT support to set up her broadband as she has vista on her computer and the installation cd didn't like that - was on hold for less than two minutes, then a nice idian gentleman talked me through the registration process and 10 minutes later she was up and running - she is a very happy bunny

Nedkelly
05-05-2007, 20:00
Its great to hear of a install going to plan :tu:

zing_deleted
05-05-2007, 20:02
excellent :)

Stop It
05-05-2007, 20:14
Great to see your sister-in-laws install went well :-)

Just to add to the positives, I had VM installed today (Services in my profile), and the service level was nothing short of brilliant, I applied for Virgin on Monday, after finding one of their reps in Stevenage town centre, I got a ring the next day to confirm a Saturday install, received my welcome pack on wednesday, and a final call on Friday to confirm the installation.

Today a VM engineer arrived at around 1pm (On a schedule of 12pm to 6pm), was quick, polite, left no mess and got all the services sorted, I am now a happy VM customer, so I would like to thank the people who helped me get online as promptly as I have, and for the service that I have been treated to, :)

welwynrose
05-05-2007, 22:17
Great to see your sister-in-laws install went well :-)

Just to add to the positives, I had VM installed today (Services in my profile), and the service level was nothing short of brilliant, I applied for Virgin on Monday, after finding one of their reps in Stevenage town centre, I got a ring the next day to confirm a Saturday install, received my welcome pack on wednesday, and a final call on Friday to confirm the installation.

Today a VM engineer arrived at around 1pm (On a schedule of 12pm to 6pm), was quick, polite, left no mess and got all the services sorted, I am now a happy VM customer, so I would like to thank the people who helped me get online as promptly as I have, and for the service that I have been treated to, :)

I think we might of had the same engineer - he said he was going to a job in biggleswade after our one - I've just had a phone call from my sister-in-law to say she's been playing with the VOD and thinks it's great - so says with that & the broadband she has no reason to leave the house ever again :D

Stop It
06-05-2007, 09:17
I think we might of had the same engineer - he said he was going to a job in biggleswade after our one - I've just had a phone call from my sister-in-law to say she's been playing with the VOD and thinks it's great - so says with that & the broadband she has no reason to leave the house ever again :D

Well, it could hav been the same guy, you never know :) Also, VOD is great, a tool I shall use frequently to catch up on things after work, and my boradband is steady, OK, i'm only on 2meg (But hey, I remember when 1meg was the top tier!) but alls well, and the phone line quality is excellent, so I'm very happy, good stuff :-)