PDA

View Full Version : VM really bad service -Stockport

Vlad_Dracul
03-05-2007, 22:32
Hi all,
i have a 2mb BB service previously with NTL and now VM. For about two weeks the service has been absolutely rubbish. In the last week or so it has either got worse or else it has gotten on my nerves even more. I cannot surely be a victim of traffic shaping becuase all i want to do is read emails and simple web page surfing,nothing tricky...but every time i try to open a new web page i just sit and look at my modem and none of the US DS lights are flashing,it hangs around for a while then finally some data creeps through.

This is rubbish and the bad thing is, there seems no point in phoning CS as all you get is someone trying to pass the blame on ssying its my computer when it isnt. I have rebooted the modem and the router,ive tried another lappy on the link,all the time,there is little or sporadic throughput. I could almost do better on a dial up modem.

monkey2468
03-05-2007, 22:35
Thied a direct connection to the modem?

marky
03-05-2007, 22:40
If you can i would do what Monkey just said and plug direct to the modem, if its the same it would take the router out of the equasion :)

monkey2468
03-05-2007, 22:43
Also post some modem stats, http://192.168.100.1

Sirpingalot
03-05-2007, 22:44
And if you do phone Virgin, don't mention the use of non-virgin certified router; as I believe they're under no obligation to help you once you've told them this.

marky
03-05-2007, 22:47
Also post some modem stats, http://192.168.100.1

I dont want to login to my modem :D

swoop101
03-05-2007, 22:48
Try this proxy to see if it works better for you.

bmly-cache-1.server.ntli.net

I use it if things go a bit slow for any reason, seems to work better than others.

mertle
03-05-2007, 23:16
have to agree and its not the router issue this purely down to VM end and its not acceptable state of affairs. I am getting possible DNS issues with some websites just spitting in my face a blank error one I have been on most of the day. Its all happened in the last 2 hours yet been on the web all day without a problem. Its really bad in Grimsby I have a feeling the servers are way over subscribed and cannot cope as the evening progresses as from 1 am it eases substansially. I am lucky I get on this website to post this.

Try reseting you modem and try to hook up a server its a right pain in the backside which has got progressively worse since VM and now takes nearly a staggering ten minutes. This never happened under NTL you took 2-3 mins at most and could even find a server on occasions within 2.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

well after reading a few post I bet I have been kicked in the teeth with a throttling tonight.

The website only bloomin forum like this where you write your thoughts and read overs. Yes I have VM been all but guilty just to do a couple of streams of watching the latest Ps3 vids. Play Tiger Woods 2007 & rub a Dub on PS3.

Which incidently my PS3 cannot access EA servers due to it being seemingly being blocked and rub a dub cannot access the top score (crying out load VM).

Well VM you really screwed up the broadband for cable I bet your proud and sent it into the dark ages. If this constitutes a heavy use of your service then we all should just stick to one website as we move to several we will go over the limit. Whats next watch more than 5 episodes on VOD for those who are aload it free and you abuse VOD.

RANT OVER

Vlad_Dracul
04-05-2007, 22:55
Thied a direct connection to the modem?
Beleive me,ive tried it all,rebooting,direct connection, etc etc, i suspect its a DNS issue i,e the requests are taking ages to process. A speed test seems to indicate that the speed is ok or reasonable.

Sirpingalot
04-05-2007, 23:01
The fact that so many people are experiencing problems with their connection is making me worry. Hope you get it sorted anyway, dooper.

marky
04-05-2007, 23:22
Click ctrl alt and del in that order holding each one down, tell us what the CPU usage is ?

Vlad_Dracul
08-05-2007, 19:44
Click ctrl alt and del in that order holding each one down, tell us what the CPU usage is ?

5 %....

Safeman
08-05-2007, 19:46
i had same problem m8 for a few days now is all fine