PDA

View Full Version : Ignore upgrade status page, try for yourself.

helmutcheese
02-05-2007, 13:41
I regged just to tell you all to ignore the list of areas upgrades because I am on UBR10 Uddingston and was upgraded between 4pm and 5pm on the 1st May, but due to the length of time to get regged here this is old news as the upgrade status page has now been updated but I hope others can get same too.

All day my connection was slow (has been from Oct 2006 when NTL took over, as oversubscribed and thats official and they have gave me retentions) this was due to a Fibre cable cut affecting Scotland and N.England, posted in detail by another user on other forum from some Staff member in newsgroups and in less detail on the Service Status page a few hours later.

I found all the usual sites like Gamershell were maxed out with all servers showing red (kids home from school must be raping them), I finally got a good run near midnight on my private account on Adobe site, I got 2.1MB average with 2.8MB max and hit 2.3MB on and off throughout a 5 file download which added up to approx 1.5GIG of files.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/273/w00tqy7.jpg

I know the 2.8MB is periodic bursts but the only one that matters is the 2.1MB average throughtout a 1.5GIG download, considering the above fault is still ongoing thats good for me. :(