PDA

View Full Version : [Wii] 2007 Lineup Announced

Gareth
01-05-2007, 23:31
source: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html

Last week, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata held a conference to talk about company financials and to outline its plan for the year. At the Japan-hosted event, Iwata noted that the Big N had 45 Wii games and another 79 DS titles in development. Now, through officially released financial documents, we've gained a much deeper understanding of which titles players can look forward to this year - both in Japan and in America.

Nintendo officially states that the following games will be coming out for Wii in Japan in 2007:

* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007
* Wii Health Pack -- 2007
* Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007
* Mario Party 8 - 2007
* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007
* Wii Music - 2007
* Super Mario Galaxy - 2007
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007
* Battalion Wars II - 2007
* Forever Blue - 2007
* Mario Strikers Charged - 2007
* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007
* Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007

In a word, wow. The list confirms that, at least in Japan, Nintendo is planning to release all of its big Wii guns, including Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, this year. In addition, the list reaffirms that the company is underway with Wii Health Pack and Wii Music, two games destined to follow in the footsteps of the ultra-popular Wii Sports.
There's no mention of European release dates, sadly, but hopefully it won't be too far behind this. Having so many top titles scheduled for release in 1 year is very promising :cool:

Tezcatlipoca
01-05-2007, 23:53
There's no mention of European release dates, sadly, but hopefully it won't be too far behind this. Having so many top titles scheduled for release in 1 year is very promising :cool:

Good list :)

Although, Nintendo has a 20 year history of shafting Europe, so I'd not be too hopeful of Mario, Metroid, etc. actually coming out here at a reasonable time.

And we still don't have Super Paper Mario :(

Uncle Peter
02-05-2007, 00:10
No word of the rumoured Animal Crossing title for the Wii yet. 2008 maybe?

Gareth
02-05-2007, 00:24
Yeah, next year by the sound of it, mate.

Which is probably a good thing as my nipper and my missus are both hooked on it, so I might be able to get to play Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime, etc... if Animal Crossing is delayed till next year :D