PDA

View Full Version : 20Mb schedule

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ferretuk
01-05-2007, 12:10
Now posted at:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

Looks like a lot of customers will not be upgraded anytime soon...

marky
01-05-2007, 12:12
I'll give this thread about 10 mins :D

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 12:14
well thats very dissapointing!! ESSEX doest even get a mention apart from basildon which is quite a way from Romford..or do i get my feed from basildon..surely not..how do i find out!

crowlord
01-05-2007, 12:16
OMG thats just brimming with information!

So in general sometime in May OR whenever.

Mr Clean
01-05-2007, 12:16
lol. Thats not a schedule, thats a lot of 'to be confirmed's.

Roll on the moaners.

welwynrose
01-05-2007, 12:17
Lunto to be confirmed :(

crowlord
01-05-2007, 12:20
hey at least it narrows down 13 areas to 1/12 of a year. Accuracy is always to be applauded.

I'm a May customer. The £2 increase for all those TBCs now does seem rather unfair.

slowcoach
01-05-2007, 12:37
Might as well wrap up the party, nothing happening here anytime soon... :bigcry:
Who was it said 50 Meg by end of year :disturbd:

Come back ntl, all is forgiven.

ferretuk
01-05-2007, 12:41
Luton to be confirmed :(

I'm on the Luton service as well and was prepared to put up with the £2 increase and give 20Mb a go for a bit (I'm not really fully using the 10Mb connection as it is) but as the date is "unconfirmed" I've just called VM and downgraded to 4Mb

mcmanic
01-05-2007, 12:42
probably alot more people require new modems upgrades, they have to stagger it or alot of people will just be waiting for modems which won't be in stock to dispatch.

Shame though cos Brighton normally gets the upgrades quickly, they have in the past

better not get charged £2 extra for not getting 20meg either or i'll be phoning them.

Anyone else notice this

Keep an eye on this page as we'll be announcing more dates throughout the Summer.

don't look to promising for some

J.D
01-05-2007, 12:43
Waiting around 1 hour for about a 4.3Gb DVD is driving me nuts grrrrr VM Sort it out!!!!!:mad::td:.

Muhahahahaa. I'm having a giraffe of course:rolleyes:. I have a good 10meg here to keep me going. I only see this as something new and would like to fiddle with it and download a few files to test it out then back to the same old for me which is mainly gaming.

I wouldn't understand users with good 10meg lines complaining about having to wait as it's fast enough unless you're a diehard leecher. For me the extra speed will just be half the time I usually wait for newsgroups on the odd tv show and hopefully better online gaming with the upstream.

fred54321
01-05-2007, 12:45
im inpeterboriugh so we will see when i get upgrade as it states may.:erm:

gc7
01-05-2007, 12:49
Well Watford showing as May too. Only 30 days left to wait. :shrug:

englishpaul
01-05-2007, 12:53
better not get charged £2 extra for not getting 20meg either or i'll be phoning them.

The £2 increase is for the XL package not for the free upgrade.

DieDieMyDarling
01-05-2007, 12:54
If you're in an area stating 'May' you should reboot your modem, i have a sneaking suspicion that the only areas listed are the ones which are already upgraded/being upgraded today.

mcmanic
01-05-2007, 12:59
The £2 increase is for the XL package not for the free upgrade.

well thats one way round it, funny how prices for 10meg have suddenly gone up then when 20meg is rolled out

Raxor
01-05-2007, 13:08
To be Confirmed, sounds fun. i guess ill just wake up one morning and notice it. Not going to get all bothered up about it right now...

fred54321
01-05-2007, 13:09
i rebooted modem ere in peterborough no upgrade:erm:

englishpaul
01-05-2007, 13:11
well thats one way round it, funny how prices for 10meg have suddenly gone up then when 20meg is rolled out

Pure coincidence.

;)

Doofy
01-05-2007, 13:12
To be Confirmed, sounds fun. i guess ill just wake up one morning and notice it. Not going to get all bothered up about it right now...

Well said that man i have a very reliable 10 meg and am in a to be confirmed area and do i care ? errr nope. I wil be on 20 meg when i am simple as that no amount of complaining and moaning is gonna change that. Sad thing is soon as the majority are on 20 meg then the moaning cos it wont max out will begin. All fun and games in broadband land.

Horizon
01-05-2007, 13:27
well thats very dissapointing!! ESSEX doest even get a mention apart from basildon which is quite a way from Romford..or do i get my feed from basildon..surely not..how do i find out!As Romford is in East London it uses the E. London UBR at Poplar.

Mr Clean
01-05-2007, 13:30
Find out your connections UBR by clicking the connection link at the top of the page.

breamhunter
01-05-2007, 13:30
Gt Yarmouth/Norwich comes off Peterborough so that means once Peterborough gets upgraded so does Yarmouth/Norwich?

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 13:36
AHA! so that`ll be sometime in may then!! doesnt say which may!

ive rebooted a few times today..no luck..

should i just try and random points over the next weeks? or i`ll never know init!

Rone
01-05-2007, 13:39
Manchester area: To be confirmed

Lol, i was on the 20meg trial too, probably overloaded at the time and still is i bet, tbc is pretty ambiguous.

mikejones_uk
01-05-2007, 14:03
Seems a waste of time to me, unless VM are going to do mass roll outs of upgraded modems.
I still have an old Motorola Surfboard, and I'd bet anything that it won't hack the speed!
It used to have enough issues dealing with the 10 Meg service. That's kinda why I stuck on the 4 Meg!
If I was so inclined to upgrade, could I insist on a modem upgrade?:confused:

AndrewJ
01-05-2007, 14:04
MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN

Mechanicus
01-05-2007, 14:09
Luton to be confirmed :(

Yep :(

Sirpingalot
01-05-2007, 14:18
So technically, it could be months for the upgrades to come into play.

AndrewJ
01-05-2007, 14:20
Yuss and by then this thread will be ten trillion pages long and many people will come and post their woes at how their lives have stopped until they get 20mb and how they must have it now, they cannot manage without it, like oxygen they must have it now.

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 14:23
sorry but i cany quite believe all this..are they seriously excpecting customers just to randomly re-boot there modem just on the off chance that they`ve been upgraded to 20meg..its a crazy situation if u ask me..I hb that its beacuase not everyones modem can take the 20meg connection..thats the big problem!! IMO!
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/reputation.php?p=34290741) vbrep_register("34290741") http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/report.php?p=34290741) http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/misc/progress.gif

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

sorry but i cany quite believe all this..are they seriously excpecting customers just to randomly re-boot there modem just on the off chance that they`ve been upgraded to 20meg..its a crazy situation if u ask me..I hb that its beacuase not everyones modem can take the 20meg connection..thats the big problem!! IMO!

AndrewJ
01-05-2007, 14:26
heard you first time.

dontpannic
01-05-2007, 14:28
I've been on 20meg in Bromley since Sunday evening, and that was still April!

Sirpingalot
01-05-2007, 14:30
Lucky bugger! >.<

AndrewJ
01-05-2007, 14:31

BAN IT;)

gc7
01-05-2007, 14:32

Shhh, you'll have people committing suicide now.

Homar
01-05-2007, 14:37
Useless info on that page. To be confirmed could mean we might do it this month we might do it the month after, or we might not do it at all till we confirm that we are going to do it.

dontpannic
01-05-2007, 15:08
Should have kept my mouth shut really :D Speed tests range from 16meg to 20meg, so almost there :D

LiamTG
01-05-2007, 16:04
MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN

People will moan, I will moan for two reasons:

They didn't inform me of the speed upgrade and therefore the additional £2 per month.

They have taken the additional monies but have no date for me!!

Rone
01-05-2007, 16:35
Surely thats a bit naughty even if it is only £2?

keef285
01-05-2007, 16:44
Seems like they have changed their tune a bit................I received a letter from them saying I would be upgraded to 20meg in May....now it's to be confirmed.

janipewter
01-05-2007, 16:52
Great, they've missed Devon off the list.

kingdeacon
01-05-2007, 17:00
Shame though cos Brighton normally gets the upgrades quickly, they have in the past

you sure? im in Brighton and still waiting on the new epg for 2100c, so im not holding my breath on 20 meg here for months yet

Omar
01-05-2007, 17:02
I rang tech support today to find out when the upgrade will happen as i thought it was supposed to be today, but apparently its the 5th? Dunno, i'm in Grimsby anyone else in that area been upgraded?

Zee
01-05-2007, 17:30
So, what about the areas that are not listed on it, i'm in London, in the borough of Barnet, though i could be classed as the Warford area...

danjw
01-05-2007, 17:31
typical NTL - basically the whole of the top 1/2 of the country might not get it, i got a letter about 1month ago, they have had plenty of time to sort this <removed> out im in Manchester wheres my u/g, not in may like the letter, might not be in june.... OVER THE SUMMER are they havin a <removed> laugh, i only want the 20 meg for the upload, so i think ill be getting on BE broadband.... NTL --- garbage and the company hasnt changed its still nt hell in my eye, i used to work there i know how <removed> this company works, its a joke and im not paying more than £2.50 a month for this service, <removed>

Mod Edit (Matt D) - swearing removed. Please do not swear.

flashyphotos
01-05-2007, 17:39
OK

Heres one to consider,

Traffic Shaping

20Mb user gets shaped down to 10Mb if they exceed limit
10Mb user gets shaped down to 5Mb if they exceed limit

VM Should at least remove the Shaping on 10Mb users till they get their act sorted out!!

Diadem
01-05-2007, 17:55
OK

Heres one to consider,

Traffic Shaping

VM Should at least remove the Shaping on 10Mb users till they get their act sorted out!!that is a mental statement. you do know the reason the packet shaping is there is due to 10mb custs downloading illegal content.

I don't understand why so many people that don't even know how to use a 10mb line to full effect, are complaining about not getting 20mb on the 1st of may.
I nuts the questions I have seen on other threads like this. And the fact people don't understand the time and effort needed to do these upgrades it not a case of fliping the big switch that say ¨Upgrade all modems to 20Mbps¨..
But im wasting my breath.

anduin
01-05-2007, 18:01
You will get into trouble talking about illegal content, two users in particular take great offence to it.... I am sure they'll pop on shortly and tell you how evil you are ;)

In my case i may not use a 10mb line all the time, i may not use it 90% of the time, but that is irrelivent - for the other 10% of the time i want what i pay for,, and if i am paying the fee for a 20mb service then i want the 20mb service.

Time and effort required to do the upgrades is irrelivent too, i only pay to use the service, its somebody else's job to get the service working properly before selling it.

Same goes for 10mb service in stoke running at sub 512kb speeds recently.. Why pay for a porche and drive a lada.

Jyst my 2p, my opinion.

Sirpingalot
01-05-2007, 18:21
I agree. We're paying top dollar for a service that doesn't cut it half of the time. I'm saying this based on other peoples experiences as mine actually haven't been too bad, but if 90% of people are experiencing problems, these need to be addressed.

pacific202x
01-05-2007, 18:37
Seems a waste of time to me, unless VM are going to do mass roll outs of upgraded modems.
I still have an old Motorola Surfboard, and I'd bet anything that it won't hack the speed!
It used to have enough issues dealing with the 10 Meg service. That's kinda why I stuck on the 4 Meg!
If I was so inclined to upgrade, could I insist on a modem upgrade?:confused:

Motorola sb4100 and 4200 CAN both physicly handle 20mbit (says the manufacturer anyway) the part you should be concerned with is the cable company providing the 20mbits for it TO handle...for me Virgin Media should have done a lot more research into cable networking before becomming big and mighty and taking over companys that actually know what theyre doing (NTL).

Also yes you can insist on a modem upgrade but they would probably want 25quid to give you the pleasure of a tech comming out to fit it...but we are told that self-installations are free if you are in the least bit competent...although upon signing up for this 10mbit (1 month ago) i was told this option was not available to me even though my house was perfectly setup for cable facilities.

IvIaXiIvIuS
01-05-2007, 18:46
Motorola sb4100 and 4200 CAN both physicly handle 20mbit (says the manufacturer anyway) the part you should be concerned with is the cable company providing the 20mbits for it TO handle...for me Virgin Media should have done a lot more research into cable networking before becomming big and mighty and taking over companys that actually know what theyre doing (NTL).

Lol...it still makes me chuckle when folks say Virgin bought out NTL,The only reason your now calling NTL Virgin is the fact that Ntl bought out Virgin mobile and in the purchase also bought the right to use the Virgin name.So in short,its still NTL,with the same NTL employees but now is a wolf in sheep's clothing.;)

Oh yea,your not paying for a actual increase in speed,your paying for a price increase to the Broadband as a whole,not speed

pacific202x
01-05-2007, 18:51
Lol...it still makes me chuckle when folks say Virgin bought out NTL,The only reason your now calling NTL Virgin is the fact that Ntl bought out Virgin mobile and in the purchase also bought the right to use the Virgin name.So in short,its still NTL,with the same NTL employees but now is a wolf in sheep's clothing.;)

Oh yea,your not paying for a actual increase in speed,your paying for a price increase to the Broadband as a whole,not speed

thats a shame...i prefer the NTL name...Virgin doesnt look right...its like buying a can of coke and it say NTL on the can...sux eh

anduin
01-05-2007, 18:54

Makes no difference though does it, the fact is that a 20mb service is being paid for. :)

IvIaXiIvIuS
01-05-2007, 19:01
Makes no difference though does it, the fact is that a 20mb service is being paid for. :)

It makes a big difference,IF Virgin had said the price increase was for being upgraded to 20mb from the 1st May then you could cancel getting out of contracts by Virgin not supplying what you pay for.Seeing as they have never said anywhere its for the 20mb then they are legally covered and will not allow you out of a contract early for not supplying said speed.
I'm on 10mb and am happy to pay a extra 6.6p a day for a connection that is better than the local offering of adsl even at peak times :)

m044bz00
01-05-2007, 19:22
I wonder how much it costs to implement a price change?

It wasn't that long ago they dropped the price from £37.99 to £35 and then they put it back up to £37 just send out signals they haven't got a clue what they're doing !!

byron_hinson
01-05-2007, 19:25
Got to say that I'm one of the disappointed lot here who thought far more coverage for the 20mb service would come out, though its not too much of a surprise as they kept the schedule away from our eyes until today so it was clear it wouldn't be a large scale update.

Still wondering if I'm in the Peterborough or Cambridge area though as I'm PE27 but its Cambridgeshire and just a few miles away from Cambridge.

Surprised Cambridge has no date as its supposed to be one of NTL's/Virgin's top areas for broadband take up.

IvIaXiIvIuS
01-05-2007, 19:29
Surprised Cambridge has no date as its supposed to be one of NTL's/Virgin's top areas for broadband take up.

That could be one of the reasons why they havn't rolled it out yet,too many folks on 20mb in high volume areas could affect the entire area.Only so much spare bandwidth available and all that :)

peanut
01-05-2007, 19:29
I think so far only the Colchester UBR has been confirmed as upgraded today. It still says May on the website, not done or anything like that.

I wouldn't go by that site too much just yet, see if they change it and put up actual dates later (be nice).

Cambs is very close to colc so who knows if that's anything to go by.

IvIaXiIvIuS
01-05-2007, 19:32
thats a shame...i prefer the NTL name...Virgin doesnt look right...its like buying a can of coke and it say NTL on the can...sux eh
IF NTL had there own coke how many would buy it and complain it wasn't as fizzy as the next leading brand,or a 2p increase was for 50% extra they wern't getting ;)

pacific202x
01-05-2007, 19:35
Got to say that I'm one of the disappointed lot here who thought far more coverage for the 20mb service would come out, though its not too much of a surprise as they kept the schedule away from our eyes until today so it was clear it wouldn't be a large scale update.

Still wondering if I'm in the Peterborough or Cambridge area though as I'm PE27 but its Cambridgeshire and just a few miles away from Cambridge.

But hey...you gotta admit this rollout list on Virgin's site was well worth the wait though? All that information we now know that we didnt 24 hours ago. Im glad i wasted the begrudged bandwidth they provide me to connect and read all those "to be confirmed" area lists...Wow some people are even getting upgraded in "May"...But if your unhappy with that rollout list (for some strange reason)...Dont worry...There will be more information posted in the SUMMER...This company is a joke sometimes, it really is.

countbathory
01-05-2007, 19:35
MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN

agreed!:(

bigsinky
01-05-2007, 20:01
nowt in belfast atm. just rebooted ntl250 modem an check with speedtest.net. still 10 meg. the spec on the modems say they are capable of 42 meg so if VM are thinking of a 50meg service they are going to need a shed load of new modems. will keep the peeps aprisedof our situation in belfast.

cheers

sinky

kingdeacon
01-05-2007, 20:12
so when it says tbc, does that mean they dont know when they can do it? I dont mind waiting but find it odd they cant plan when a area will be done by

Druchii
01-05-2007, 20:13
Anyone have any idea what Doncaster comes under here? :(

bigsinky
01-05-2007, 20:17
so when it says tbc, does that mean they dont know when they can do it? I dont mind waiting but find it odd they cant plan when a area will be done by

oh they will do it, just a matter of when

JackSon
01-05-2007, 20:19
Assuming that 'May' doesn't mean 'may be upgraded' ;)

byron_hinson
01-05-2007, 20:29
That could be one of the reasons why they havn't rolled it out yet,too many folks on 20mb in high volume areas could affect the entire area.Only so much spare bandwidth available and all that :)

Turns out I am in bloody cambridge! Typical!

kingdeacon
01-05-2007, 20:30
Assuming that 'May' doesn't mean 'may be upgraded' ;)

lol thats what im starting to wonder

domo247
01-05-2007, 20:32
I know the price for XL broadband is increasing with the new increased speeds. However, if you are VIP customer will you get the upgrade or will you have to pay the extra?

IvIaXiIvIuS
01-05-2007, 20:37
I know the price for XL broadband is increasing with the new increased speeds. However, if you are VIP customer will you get the upgrade or will you have to pay the extra?

In most of the news i have seen on the speed increase and the VIP package i'm think i'm right by saying you will pay for it,but VM will give a extra discount to offset it on your bill.:)

albertsteptoe
01-05-2007, 20:45
Now posted at:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

Looks like a lot of customers will not be upgraded anytime soon...

nothing on there about camberwell area, got any idea when it will be for camberwell.

Acathla
01-05-2007, 20:50
OK

Heres one to consider,

Traffic Shaping

VM Should at least remove the Shaping on 10Mb users till they get their act sorted out!!

I will tell you that for the first time in around a month, I am not experiencing any shaping on the 10meg so maybe this is exactly what's happening.

EDIT: I opened my big mouth :(

DieDieMyDarling
01-05-2007, 21:03
It would appear from the VM newsgroups and some other places, people in TBC areas are already being upgraded, so it seems the schedule means pretty much nothing. Sounds like a rushed job to shut people up, rather than a meaningful resource for information.

dcclanuk
01-05-2007, 21:05
My area is due May... London Brentford or something like that:dozey:

Only problem is....i am on 2mb:LOL:

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 21:15
ok sorry to appear thick..but how do i get virgin media newsgroups into my outlook express on vista..windows new mail thing..ive tried searching but nothing come ups..ta for the help

Zee
01-05-2007, 21:28
ok sorry to appear thick..but how do i get virgin media newsgroups into my outlook express on vista..windows new mail thing..ive tried searching but nothing come ups..ta for the help

Not sure, but perhaps you should make a new thread for that, this is the 20Mb schedule thread :tu:

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 21:34
someone will tell me im sure.

Zee
01-05-2007, 21:39
someone will tell me im sure.

Ok.

I come under brnt.cable.ntl.com brnt = Barnet, in London, it isn't on the schedule, does this mean no upgrades anytime in the future?

Druchii
01-05-2007, 21:48
Ok.

I come under brnt.cable.ntl.com brnt = Barnet, in London, it isn't on the schedule, does this mean no upgrades anytime in the future?
North London, South London? etc... You'll be included somewhere i'm betting.

Zee
01-05-2007, 21:51
North London, South London? etc... You'll be included somewhere i'm betting.

Well im in North West London, just north of me is Watford and then the rest of the places are all the way in South London.

Enuff
01-05-2007, 21:51
I can wait.

Druchii
01-05-2007, 21:52
Well im in North West London, just north of me is Watford and then the rest of the places are all the way in South London.
You could be part of the Watford network then :)

Zee
01-05-2007, 22:01
i called CS out of fun to see what their reaction to calls about 20Mb.
I asked about when my area would recieve the 20Mb upgrade, she said "oh no 20meg" i started laughing then she started laughing, she then said "you dont know how many calls about this we've recieved today" anyway she said my area would get the upgrade by midnight tonight.
Btw, she had a Birmingham accent.

homealone
01-05-2007, 22:02

the server is news.cable.ntlworld.com

in OE click 'tools' choose 'accounts' choose 'add' , choose 'news' - enter your alias (any name will do), enter a false email address (avoid spam), enter the server name (as above), do not check 'requires logon', 'next' - you should connect & be invited to download the message headers :)

- that is XP outlook express, not sure if vista is different, but the principles are the same ;)

Sirpingalot
01-05-2007, 22:03
Where abouts are you, Zee?

Zee
01-05-2007, 22:04
Where abouts are you, Zee?

Edgware, Barnet, London (NW London)

Sirpingalot
01-05-2007, 22:06
Ah, sorry, I just noticed your above post. Thanks

DarkGashX
01-05-2007, 22:07
Anyone connected via Nottingham (Grimsby, Cleethorpes etc..) have any news?

vmtec
01-05-2007, 22:10
Tue, 1 May 2007 20:05:15 UTC

1st 512K took 15 ms = 34133.3 KB/sec, approx 281258 Kbps, 274.67 Mbps
2nd 512K took 29 ms = 17655.2 KB/sec, approx 145479 Kbps, 142.07 Mbps
3rd 512K took 14 ms = 36571.4 KB/sec, approx 301348 Kbps, 294.29 Mbps
4th 512K took 22 ms = 23272.7 KB/sec, approx 191767 Kbps, 187.27 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 229963 Kbps, 224.58 Mbps

Zee
01-05-2007, 22:11

These results appear to be rather fast - this page was probably in the browser cache.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

yea yea..

delete browser cache and then do the speed test again, or visit www.speedtest.net (http://www.speedtest.net) and post the results

xspeedyx
01-05-2007, 22:16
Happy with my solid 10mb connection until 20mb is in my area

Tue, 1 May 2007 20:13:52 UTC

1st 512K took 469 ms = 1091.7 KB/sec, approx 8996 Kbps, 8.79 Mbps
2nd 512K took 437 ms = 1171.6 KB/sec, approx 9654 Kbps, 9.43 Mbps
3rd 512K took 453 ms = 1130.2 KB/sec, approx 9313 Kbps, 9.09 Mbps
4th 512K took 438 ms = 1169 KB/sec, approx 9633 Kbps, 9.41 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 9399 Kbps, 9.18 Mbps

Rik
01-05-2007, 22:33
When are some of the muppets moaning on here going to realise the letter NEVER said, YOU WILL GET 20MB UPGRADE IN MAY DEFINITELY!

It never did, read it again, it said they were rolling out the upgrade FROM May.

Bugger off to BE see if we care, stop harping on and just do it :D

vmtec
01-05-2007, 22:33
theres always some one that spoils my fun lol

Mechanicus
01-05-2007, 22:37
Another night, another **** speed:

Tue, 01 May 2007 20:37:32 GMT

1st 512K took 1297 ms = 394.8 KB/sec, approx 3253 Kbps, 3.18 Mbps
2nd 512K took 1312 ms = 390.2 KB/sec, approx 3215 Kbps, 3.14 Mbps
3rd 512K took 1313 ms = 389.9 KB/sec, approx 3213 Kbps, 3.14 Mbps
4th 512K took 953 ms = 537.3 KB/sec, approx 4427 Kbps, 4.32 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 3527 Kbps, 3.45 Mbps

Been like this for 2 weeks now.

Rik
01-05-2007, 22:38
My area is due May... London Brentford or something like that:dozey:

Only problem is....i am on 2mb:LOL:

Oh you must be getting the upgrade to 4Meg like everyone keeps saying! :D :D

Love that VM Rumour Machine its much more advanced than the Mk I NTL Version! :D

Zee
01-05-2007, 22:39
When are some of the muppets moaning on here going to realise the letter NEVER said, YOU WILL GET 20MB UPGRADE IN MAY DEFINITELY!

It never did, read it again, it said they were rolling out the upgrade FROM May.

Bugger off to BE see if we care, stop harping on and just do it :D

you'll care when everyone does bugger off to Be, and you're the only one left on VM, then they shut down :p:

marky
01-05-2007, 22:41
Why two threads :rolleyes:

Zee
01-05-2007, 22:43

2 threads?

One thread is about the schedule, and one is asking who's on 20Mb. Different questions, different threads :tu:

marky
01-05-2007, 22:46
2 threads?

One thread is about the schedule, and one is asking who's on 20Mb. Different questions, different threads :tu:
Different questions same answers by the same people, pretty pointless IMO :rolleyes:

SxyGal4U
01-05-2007, 22:53
why is my internet not 20 i will cancel all my service right now
WHERE IS MY 20 NOOOWWWW

Bill C
01-05-2007, 22:57
why is my internet not 20 i will cancel all my service right now
WHERE IS MY 20 NOOOWWWW

20 what

20 fags
20 red reps
20 years

you need to tell us what you want :)

SxyGal4U
01-05-2007, 22:59
20 what

20 fags
20 red reps
20 years

you need to tell us what you want :)

I WILL CANCEL IT RIGHT NOW if u dont tell me

u will lose £1200 a year

zing_deleted
01-05-2007, 23:00
chuck we aint VM give em a call if you must im sure they will allow you to cancel

marky
01-05-2007, 23:01

u will lose £1200 a year
Wrong thread, this is the future one :rolleyes:

SxyGal4U
01-05-2007, 23:02
chuck we aint VM give em a call if you must im sure they will allow you to cancel

this is customer services yhhh

i will be calling the manager of virgin richard about this aweful service i have recieved quick responce gets u one point but aweful reply to my question is very aweful

zing_deleted
01-05-2007, 23:03

i will be calling the manager of virgin richard about this aweful service i have recieved quick responce gets u one point but aweful reply to my question is very aweful

no it isnt it is an independant help forum not owned by VM

r00t
01-05-2007, 23:05

u will lose £1200 a year

You are kidding?

marky
01-05-2007, 23:07

Go call him, i'm sure we could do with a member at the top :p:

r00t
01-05-2007, 23:17
Can you call in tomorrow after 1:30, I'd love to be the taker of your call.
You wouldn't be the first customer I've told to take it elsewhere.

SxyGal4U
01-05-2007, 23:17
I Will Cancel My Service In The Morning

zing_deleted
01-05-2007, 23:18
ok

hope you do alright out of adsl cuz chances are you wont get 10 meg let alone 20

r00t
01-05-2007, 23:18
Great, one less. =)

SxyGal4U
01-05-2007, 23:19
Can you call in tomorrow after 1:30, I'd love to be the taker of your call.
You wouldn't be the first customer I've told to take it elsewhere.

YES I WILL what is your name? I WILL ASK TO TALK TO U and CANEL MY SERVICE!!!! BECAUSE i am not on 20meg

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

ok

hope you do alright out of adsl cuz chances are you wont get 10 meg let alone 20

i am getting BE BROADBAND 24MEG

zing_deleted
01-05-2007, 23:19
I dont work for VM lmao

zing_deleted
01-05-2007, 23:20
YES I WILL what is your name? I WILL ASK TO TALK TO U and CANEL MY SERVICE!!!! BECAUSE i am not on 20meg

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

i am getting BE BROADBAND 24MEG

good luck with that

SxyGal4U
01-05-2007, 23:21
good luck with that

it will be faster then 10meg anyway

r00t
01-05-2007, 23:22
Caps lock doesn't highlite your point, it just make it look as if you are shouting. And makes you look like a 5 year old at the keyboard.

SxyGal4U
01-05-2007, 23:24
Ill spend all my money
All the time because you're worth it
Its just me and you you you
What you gonna do do do
Make your move

Call me mama,spoil you like a baby
Thinking bout ya
Dreaming bout ya
Got me going crazy
What you wanna do do do
Now its me and you you you
move it

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Caps lock doesn't highlite your point, it just make it look as if you are shouting. And makes you look like a 5 year old at the keyboard.

I AM 68

r00t
01-05-2007, 23:25
I see this thread being locked shortly
*sigh*

Bill C
01-05-2007, 23:26
YES I WILL what is your name?

Nasty Rastard

Master of disconnects :)

marky
01-05-2007, 23:27
it will be faster then 10meg anyway
Did you join to troll or are you a banned member thats come back to troll ??

zing_deleted
Did you join to troll or are you a banned member thats come back to troll ??

does it really matter?

Bill C
Where is a mod when you need one :)

r00t
:erm: I have a sneeking suspicion this is Paul H.

Bill C
01-05-2007, 23:28
:erm: I have a sneeking suspicion this is Paul H.

Its the correct level of intelligence

going red very fast :LOL:

spr33
01-05-2007, 23:29
Mods, please? You're definitely not 68 years old, who're you trying to kid? You'd at least be able to speak in full sentences and use proper punctuation and spelling.

"it will be faster then 10meg anyway" = *than

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 23:30
has anyone on the cust539.popl.cable.ntl.com hub been done yet? or anyone in london? cust539.popl.cable.ntl.com is may so i reckon at a guess by sunday we`ll be up there

ta

p.s

SKY broadband say my mate can get 16.6meg after line test..titter..shame he only peeks at 9m/s and he`s like next to the ecchange!! oh well he says it is free!

zing_deleted
01-05-2007, 23:32
Skys free service is upto 8 meg isnt it? so your friend talks poopish stuff

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 23:37
hmm ur very correct..thats odd..im sure he said it was free..i`ll dig his email out..i did chuckly when they said 16.5meg!

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Free 16mb with sky(coz we got tv pack dave)!... is from his email..is there a sky pack which gives u this?

zing_deleted
01-05-2007, 23:38
IIRC skys top tier is 16 meg and a tenner

subs here but off topic http://packages.sky.com/surf/

kevyboy99
01-05-2007, 23:48
just trying to trip the bugger up!! i sent him this

alright dave..im looking at sky packages for a customer..

dont know bugger all about sky..this looks like the one ur on??

http://packages.sky.com/compare/ (mhtml:{D693FB92-078A-462D-842D-073A50994258}mid://00000011/!x-usc:http://packages.sky.com/compare/) if u add skysports and 16meg?

im sure u said the 16meg was free? if u do it this way its £10..which is alright! just wondering if u were on some special deal or summit

bonjour!

ferretuk
01-05-2007, 23:55

I started this thread to highlight the publication of the 'official' schedule and to permit discussion about it (or rather the lack of it!!) away from the "who's got it yet" but it seems as if most of the posts are completely off topic and should be in the other thread...

Gareth
01-05-2007, 23:58
I AM 68
No you're not...
it will be faster then 10meg anywayNo offence to any genuine 68 year-olds, but I don't think talking about "10 meg" and knowing who BE are is a common topic of conversation amongst old age pensioners these days.

Horace
02-05-2007, 00:07
Can't believe people are really taking SxyGal4U's posts seriously. Haven't you heard about not feeding trolls?

MindfreeZe
02-05-2007, 00:25
hey there does anyone know is the Ambit 120 will achieve the 20Mb? I just read in another thread that they are capable of doing up to 38Mbps, is this true? Also, what is the IP address I type into my web browser to get my modem configuration?

Thanks!

Zee
02-05-2007, 00:55
hey there does anyone know is the Ambit 120 will achieve the 20Mb? I just read in another thread that they are capable of doing up to 38Mbps, is this true? Also, what is the IP address I type into my web browser to get my modem configuration?

Thanks!

http://192.168.100.1

Username: root Password: root

Apparently the 120s are able to get 38Mb, but i dont believe it.

When i upgraded to 10Mb and i had a 120, my connection used to cut off a lot when i maxed it out. Since getting a 250 its been pretty good.

Pushkar
02-05-2007, 05:31
"Croydon area To be confirmed " KILL VM!

Horace
02-05-2007, 06:00
http://192.168.100.1

Username: root Password: root

Apparently the 120s are able to get 38Mb, but i dont believe it.

When i upgraded to 10Mb and i had a 120, my connection used to cut off a lot when i maxed it out. Since getting a 250 its been pretty good.

Yeah the 120 had a couple of firmware upgrades, one that rolled back to a previous update when it was botched. Worst modem I've ever had and that included my old Lucent Winmodem from the 56k days. It was never stable. The 255 I was given last week is much more stable and I've not managed to crash it once even tho' I've tried.
Anyone with a 120 or worse should do whatever they need to to get it swapped for a 255..just claim it keeps rebooting; because they do under heavy connection load.

Bill C
02-05-2007, 08:11
Can't believe people are really taking SxyGal4U's posts seriously. Haven't you heard about not feeding trolls?

:LOL:

Don't call someone a troll or you will get a infraction for it from the infraction police :).

I know ;)

mcmanic
02-05-2007, 10:17
i got my NTL120 swapped for a 255 becasue of the problems i had with last upgrade to 10meg, as said before it was a firmware problem which they did fix after ALOT of complaining on here and fault finding. At that time it was said that the 120 could only do 10meg max, so find it surprising that now they say it can do 20meg aswell, but if so then cool.

Cannot believe the size difference though between the 255 and 120, the 255 is tiny!

Rone
02-05-2007, 10:40
Cannot believe the size difference though between the 255 and 120, the 255 is tiny!

Yeh even the modems are suffering from re-shaping. :D

Frankie-Gush
02-05-2007, 11:23
I wouldn't have known about the 20meg upgrade if i didn't come on here from time to time.

Looked at the roll out schedule Yesterday, and Huddersfield was one of the "To Be Confirmed" Area's.

Just checked back on there today, and Leeds has been bumped to "To Be Confirmed" and Huddersfield is now due a "May" upgrade.

10 Meg is fine for me, although the upgrade will be much appreciated, and i guess i'll just get it when i get it.

I'm certainly not one of the poeple sitting and rebooting the Modem every 10 mins to see if i have the upgrade.

I suggest you all keep an eye on the roll out page, and see if you've been bumped down or upgraded. Quite suprised me. ;)

janipewter
02-05-2007, 11:46
Whoops, seems as though VM have forgotton about the whole of Devon on their upgrade schedule.

Sirpingalot
02-05-2007, 11:51
Multiple areas being described as "To be confirmed" have already been upgraded since yesterday.

ooze
02-05-2007, 11:54
Whoops, seems as though VM have forgotton about the whole of Devon on their upgrade schedule.

They've missed my area too (Derby) unless it comes under "Nottingham Area"

:rolleyes:

xkennyx
02-05-2007, 11:56

I think devon will come under "newton abbot". im cable.ubr11.newt.blueyonder.co.uk

Zee
02-05-2007, 11:56
Some areas on the schedule are set as "Complete" such as Bromley, Preston & Swansea

Omar
02-05-2007, 12:07
just a question of interest the modem config page should show the new updated caps i.e. 20480000 and 768000 when the speed for 20 meg has been set right, even before the modem has been reset but you will need to reset the modem for the changes to take place? Or do you just have to keep resetting and then the new speed will be displayed?

icestar2
02-05-2007, 12:10
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I thought I was getting it when I got the letter through the door saying I would in may yet according to the the website liverpool is TBC again - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! !

buba3d
02-05-2007, 12:48
i've still got this old SB3100 and it hasn't let me down yet, so i don't think i'll bother calling VM for a new modem. i'm happy with it.
however looking at the logs i came across this " SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm" yet my modem is a sb3100.

Druchii
02-05-2007, 14:26
i've still got this old SB3100 and it hasn't let me down yet, so i don't think i'll bother calling VM for a new modem. i'm happy with it.
however looking at the logs i came across this " SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm" yet my modem is a sb3100.
You'll also find it didn't apply the config file ;) Sometimes they send configs out willy-nilly, or your modem requests it by accident etc... Once it realises it discards it.

Mr Clean
02-05-2007, 15:01
Well some of the areas saying May yesterday now say Complete. So it's looking good on upgrading IMO. I think they put To be Confirmed for most areas to allow for any complications in upgrading the initial areas.

Still nothing in Derby but I have a fantastic 10Mb and I'm quite happy with what I've got. Been constant 10Mb for well over a year now. Looking forward to seeing what the 20Mb is like when I get it.

The page to watch is http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

mohikan22
02-05-2007, 16:52
so is it beiung throttled evening times? if so what speed down to? that is WHEN i get 20mb lol.

Down the Pub
02-05-2007, 18:03
Well some of the areas saying May yesterday now say Complete. So it's looking good on upgrading IMO. I think they put To be Confirmed for most areas to allow for any complications in upgrading the initial areas.

Still nothing in Derby but I have a fantastic 10Mb and I'm quite happy with what I've got. Been constant 10Mb for well over a year now. Looking forward to seeing what the 20Mb is like when I get it.

The page to watch is http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

just aslong as my bill stays the same untill it's changed over to 20 and not before

Mr Clean
02-05-2007, 18:09
just aslong as my bill stays the same untill it's changed over to 20 and not before

Why would your bill stay the same when it's going up £2 as of May for the XL Broadband Package.

It not going up because of the upgrade. So even if you wait til next year for 20Mb, it's still going up £2.

agent00x
02-05-2007, 18:22
since the Guildford area never seems to be first for anything, I think it's good that for once we got something pretty quickly :)

Enuff
02-05-2007, 19:03
North West
Baguley area To be confirmed
Liverpool area To be confirmed
Manchester area To be confirmed
Preston area Complete (Preston was set as "To be confirmed" yesterday)

That's a good sign. Manchester soon! :confused:

Sirpingalot
02-05-2007, 19:07
I'd be classed as the Liverpool area, although I'm actually just outside of Chester.

Zee
03-05-2007, 01:27
This is a crap schedule to be honest, in London, where is Barnet, Brent, Harrow on that list? most of the places in UK are not even listed on it, and most of the places they have listed are TBC.

Mr Clean
03-05-2007, 01:30
Alot of places aren't on there because alot of places share. I'm in Derby but mine is lei3.cable.ntl.com

Click the Connection link at the top of the page to find out what you're on ;)

Zee
03-05-2007, 01:31
Alot of places aren't on there because alot of places share. I'm in Derby but mine is lei3.cable.ntl.com

Click the Connection link at the top of the page to find out what you're on ;)

I'm in London, i'm brnt.cable.ntl.com

brnt = Barnet

Not on the list...

Here is a map of London, all these places are missing
The only place that is just below Barnet, that is on the list is Haringey.

http://www.victimsupport.org.uk/vs_england_wales/contacts/images/london_map2.gif

AndrewJ
03-05-2007, 01:33
How about y'all go get laid :D more to life then bandwith :D

Sirpingalot
03-05-2007, 01:34
It is a bit silly. And the schedule isn't really a schedule, just more a "you'll probably get it sometime soon...ish".

Zee
03-05-2007, 01:36
How about y'all go get laid :D more to life then bandwith :D

And getting laid isn't the only thing either.

All these things put together is what makes life, the people who go around telling people to get a life or go get laid are the ones who have never had sex or the ones who don't actually have anything else to do.

Sirpingalot
03-05-2007, 01:37
But oh well. My 10mbit connection does everything I want anyway, so it's more...bandwidth rush :D ....for about 10 seconds.

AndrewJ
03-05-2007, 01:38
;)

Touche but where have I been most of evening :) and why is gf asleep now ;)

Mr Clean
03-05-2007, 01:38
I'm in London, i'm brnt.cable.ntl.com

brnt = Barnet

Not on the list...

You considered moving house?

Zee
03-05-2007, 01:42
;)

lol, i didn't mean to be nasty, and i wasn't directing it at you personally. Sorry.

I've just got back from watching the game then went to a bar for a couple hours afterwards. I came on to check emails and thought i'd see what was happening here.

You considered moving house?

Nope :p:

I like my area, the 3rd biggest borough in London too :tu:

IvIaXiIvIuS
;)

At the Pub and she's tired after cooking and cleaning up after you all day ;)

AndrewJ
hhaahha good come back IVI.

Mr Clean
03-05-2007, 01:43
It does say Haringey area and Brentford area and they are close by. Must mean surrounding area's surely when it states them.

We always get classed as the Nottingham and surrounding areas.

popper
03-05-2007, 01:43
It makes a big difference,IF Virgin had said the price increase was for being upgraded to 20mb from the 1st May then you could cancel getting out of contracts by Virgin not supplying what you pay for.Seeing as they have never said anywhere its for the 20mb then they are legally covered and will not allow you out of a contract early for not supplying said speed.
I'm on 10mb and am happy to pay a extra 6.6p a day for a connection that is better than the local offering of adsl even at peak times :)

actually if you read the T&C ,any price increase inside the 12 months contract means you CAN cancel the contact with the 30 days notice timeframe without penalty, consumer law is VERY clear on that matter....

funny how people say thier not bothered about the upgrade but seem to post a hell of a lot in those threads :dozey:

IvIaXiIvIuS
03-05-2007, 01:44
hhaahha good come back IVI.
heh,so now you had nookie,beer and a laugh.

Only thing missing is your 20mb :P

Zee
03-05-2007, 01:46
It does say Haringey area and Brentford area and they are close by. Must mean surrounding area's surely when it states them.

We always get classed as the Nottingham and surrounding areas.

Possibly, but when there is some kind of network upgrade or something on the ntl-isp service page, it always says Barnet and surrounding areas, perhaps it is classing me as Haringey, because its close to Barnet.

Mr Clean
03-05-2007, 01:48
Well there ain't no Derby on there either but on the Service Status page Derby is having maintenance tonight between 12am and 6am. But I go through Leicester. Work that one out lol

Zee
03-05-2007, 01:51
Well there ain't no Derby on there either but on the Service Status page Derby is having maintenance tonight between 12am and 6am. But I go through Leicester. Work that one out lol

Ah :p:

ok, thx :tu:

They really need to make it a little bit more clear

Goodnight everyone :tu::o:

looselipsuk
03-05-2007, 13:24
Just for info on the Nottingham area.
Recieved my new statement and still shows £35 for broadband. For another matter, rang through to cancellations and spoke to a very nice guy called James. While sorting out my problem he said you should only see the increase on your bill to £37 when your area is being upgraded and not before. So if what he said is true, then if your area says 'To be confirmed', then I guess you should still only be paying £35 as I am.

flashyphotos
03-05-2007, 15:56
Cheers for the info on payments, also on Nottingham area, (Sutton/Huthwaite)

My bill arrived today, still at £17.50 Was expecting it to have gone up a quid, (On half price for life) so half the £2 increase, but no mention of it, but the past previous 2 months statements there have been big notices that the increase is coming!

PowerUser
03-05-2007, 16:48
Erm! Anyone noticed on the Schedule page that a few areas have gone straight from to be confimed to Complete!. I guess it could happen anytime for any of us then!.

popper
03-05-2007, 16:59
did anyone notice what time they updated http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html
yesturday/2days ago, as it seems odd that its nearly 4pm the boardroom and offices staff going home,and its still the same info, id thought they would be keen to keep people informed there to keep the press hype going...

Sirpingalot
04-05-2007, 11:30
Yeah, it's bloody stupid. I want to be kept updated!

byron_hinson
04-05-2007, 19:32
did anyone notice what time they updated http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html
yesturday/2days ago, as it seems odd that its nearly 4pm the boardroom and offices staff going home,and its still the same info, id thought they would be keen to keep people informed there to keep the press hype going...

A lot of it was negative news though with around 80% of the country not getting 20mb yet so probably worth them waiting til they hit a few more areas in a couple of weeks or so.

Zee
04-05-2007, 21:24
I've found out a little information about my area.

bre.cable.ntl.com and brnt.cable.ntl.com cover Brent, Barnet, Harrow, Enfield, Hounslow, Hillingdon & Richmond which is Brentford on the rollout list.
So if you're in any of those London boroughs i've listed, you should be upgraded to 20Mb this month. :tu:

Sorry about my other posts earlier claiming brnt meant Barnet, but i thought it did since Barnet has brnt in it.

Zee
07-05-2007, 00:06
Think they will update it on Monday?

swanseabay
07-05-2007, 10:01
just say just got upgrade to 20meg with virgin today and just done speedtest and iam geting 18 to 19 meg SWANSEA AREA;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

wlmlb
07-05-2007, 10:21
any news for luton?

gc7
07-05-2007, 10:56
any news for luton?

Yep, relegated.

englishpaul
07-05-2007, 11:14
any news for luton?

Just checked Service Status and see that they are working in our area this week, whether that means the speed upgrade or not remains to be seen...

Zee
07-05-2007, 11:44
They're working on Barnet this week aswell :)
Possibly to do with the 20Mb upgrade since Barnet/Brentford is on the schedule for May.

DarkGashX
07-05-2007, 12:07
Same for Nottingham, I hope it is 20Mbit.

ssdd
07-05-2007, 14:11
Same for Nottingham, I hope it is 20Mbit.
ditto that :)

Rik
07-05-2007, 15:17
any news for luton?

I am in Hemel and routed through Luton, lets hope its this month, but if the rollout of VOD is anything to go by,we will probably be last. :Yikes:

mandrake
07-05-2007, 15:41
Just returned from holiday and after reading about the 20meg rollout did a quick modem check.
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled
I'm in the da1 area

dcclanuk
07-05-2007, 15:45
I've found out a little information about my area.

bre.cable.ntl.com and brnt.cable.ntl.com cover Brent, Barnet, Harrow, Enfield, Hounslow, Hillingdon & Richmond which is Brentford on the rollout list.
So if you're in any of those London boroughs i've listed, you should be upgraded to 20Mb this month. :tu:

Sorry about my other posts earlier claiming brnt meant Barnet, but i thought it did since Barnet has brnt in it.

So does BRENT;)

bw41101
07-05-2007, 17:06
According to the VM website, the Preston area of which Blackpool (where I live) has now (allegedly) been completed. What a load of Benghazi! especially as my service hasn't changed, I.e. I'm still on 10Meg (and yet) two of my work colleagues who live less than a mile away from me have been upgraded.

I wouldn't mind, but these guys are regular "abusers", I.e. really heavy down loaders. All VM Technical Support can say is "be patient". Patience is one thing, being told lies is quite another. Why officially announce that something is complete when (in fact) it isn't.

We'll just have to see exactly how long it takes, sigh..........!:dozey:

Si thee

Druchii
07-05-2007, 17:25
According to the VM website, the Preston area of which Blackpool (where I live) has now (allegedly) been completed. What a load of Benghazi! especially as my service hasn't changed, I.e. I'm still on 10Meg (and yet) two of my work colleagues who live less than a mile away from me have been upgraded.

I wouldn't mind, but these guys are regular "abusers", I.e. really heavy down loaders. All VM Technical Support can say is "be patient". Patience is one thing, being told lies is quite another. Why officially announce that something is complete when (in fact) it isn't.

We'll just have to see exactly how long it takes, sigh..........!:dozey:

Si thee
Have you rebooted the modem?

bw41101
07-05-2007, 17:59
Aye, several times.

caroline
07-05-2007, 20:27
Im the same , just 20 minuets away my friend is on the 20 meg im still on 10, and herfordshire sais on the web page to be confirmed, whats that mean lol, how long will i have to wait ???, anyone know, please.

Thankyou

Druchii
07-05-2007, 20:41
Im the same , just 20 minuets away my friend is on the 20 meg im still on 10, and herfordshire sais on the web page to be confirmed, whats that mean lol, how long will i have to wait ???, anyone know, please.

Thankyou
Probably just til midnight.

budwieser
07-05-2007, 21:32
Ant idea when Cambridge might get the 20 mbps upgrade?;)

Sirpingalot
07-05-2007, 22:04
I find this strange too, I'm FAR nearer Liverpool than Manchester (Around Chester) yet I'm actually connected to the Baguley network in Manchester. Perhaps the same principles apply for you...you may be connected to a different network.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

No idea, sorry. Hopefully fairly soon though:) .

SnoopZ
07-05-2007, 22:17

Nothing on Virgins schedule (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html) yet.

Horace
07-05-2007, 22:34

Thankyou

Shot in the dark here but, is it possible some modems aren't taking the upgrade config or being sent it due to limitations or even a bug? What modem are you using? The same question also applies to bw41101.

bw41101
08-05-2007, 00:50
In answer to Horace's question. I'm using a Motorola Surfboard type 5100 (Now according to the manufacturer's spec), this modem should work up to 35Megs. So "technically" there should not be an issue with the speed?

Si thee

Vegeta
08-05-2007, 03:39
Manchester - TBC

Fingers crossed it happens soon!

DeanSupreme uk
08-05-2007, 08:49
Still no sign of anything in Blackburn yet:shocking: :shocking: ...I wish they would just do something with the schedule page..cause at the moment it's as useless as a chocolate fireguard.

XFS03
08-05-2007, 10:47
Shot in the dark here but, is it possible some modems aren't taking the upgrade config or being sent it due to limitations or even a bug? What modem are you using? The same question also applies to bw41101.Good point. When I was on the 20Mbit trial last year, it was only the ntl250's that were sent the new config file. Ntl120's stayed on 10Mbit.

Zee
08-05-2007, 18:19
Thought i'd update this thread by saying Barnet (Not sure if the rest of Brentford has been upgraded yet) & Watford appear to be upgraded to 20Mb

popper
08-05-2007, 22:31
baguley/wythenshawe still on 10Mbit But we did have an outage from around 4.05pm that didnt get sorted until 6.50pm for the STB IP locking and OnDemand working again, and the NTL250 came back online arount 7.45pm.

hopefully/or not the new cable config will be make available....

Sirpingalot
08-05-2007, 23:09
You're on the Baguley network too? Hope it happens soon :)

EssCee
08-05-2007, 23:41
Now VM are charging me £37 for the 20Mbit service but my area is Luton and currently listed as TBA. Do you think i'll be able to get a £2 refund on my next bill?

It's worth a try..

Sirpingalot
08-05-2007, 23:53
No. The extra £2 isn't related to the upgrade. The upgrade is only being rolled out now to keep current customers happy. :)

Cerberus
08-05-2007, 23:55
No. The extra £2 isn't related to the upgrade. The upgrade is only being rolled out now to keep current customers happy. :)

IMO this extra charge is a tiny bit punative, especially when people haven't been upgraded yet. I am likely to complain.

Cerberus
08-05-2007, 23:56
Lag double post (please delete).

Sirpingalot
08-05-2007, 23:57
IMO this extra charge is a tiny bit punative, especially when people haven't been upgraded yet. I am likely to complain.

It is.:)

loudfm
08-05-2007, 23:59
Brent nw10 london.

brnt.cable.ntl.com .

just been update to 20 mg.
still prefer 10 mg unlimited!

tuga4ever

Cerberus
09-05-2007, 00:11
It is.:)

Another Stewie fan! ;)

Sorry but, if I am charged the extra £2 before I get my upgrade in Renfrew then I am asking for it back.

ssdd
09-05-2007, 00:24
Another Stewie fan! ;)

Sorry but, if I am charged the extra £2 before I get my upgrade in Renfrew then I am asking for it back.
From what I can see the £2 extra is not for the 20mb upgrade, the price of their XL service is going up by £2, but they are putting it up from 10mb to 20mb. Took this from their web site

On 1st May 2007 the price for Broadband Size: XL will go up from £35 to £37 per month
The good news is that from May onwards we'll also be rolling out a programme to increase the speed of the Size: XL service from 10Mb to up to 20Mb*.

popper
09-05-2007, 00:28
You're on the Baguley network too? Hope it happens soon :)

baguley just down the road, literally, well 2 miles or so..., its part of the massive wythenshawe (south manchester/airport) area and lots of the NW connect to it apparently, thats why i find it hard to understand why they havent seemingly done anything on it up to now....

icestar2
09-05-2007, 00:32
Am sure I read somewere that you wont get the £2 increase until you get the 20mb - I could be wrong but am sure i've read it somewere.

Zee
09-05-2007, 00:57
Brent nw10 london.

brnt.cable.ntl.com .

just been update to 20 mg.
still prefer 10 mg unlimited!

tuga4ever

Yeah, im in Barnet, next to Brent, we were upgraded earlier on in the day... speeds decent?

Cerberus
09-05-2007, 02:06
From what I can see the £2 extra is not for the 20mb upgrade, the price of their XL service is going up by £2, but they are putting it up from 10mb to 20mb. Took this from their web site

On 1st May 2007 the price for Broadband Size: XL will go up from £35 to £37 per month
The good news is that from May onwards we'll also be rolling out a programme to increase the speed of the Size: XL service from 10Mb to up to 20Mb*.

Been bumped then. Seems like it's going to be bad news until it's good news. No offence here it also seems I am paying for the upgrade of others until I get mine. Still I will be patient until Renfrew has been done, Uddingston has been done. :(

Retrovertigo
09-05-2007, 11:32
baguley just down the road, literally, well 2 miles or so..., its part of the massive wythenshawe (south manchester/airport) area and lots of the NW connect to it apparently, thats why i find it hard to understand why they havent seemingly done anything on it up to now....
They are probably sweating about doing it to be honest. It's hugely oversubscribed as it is, without having to cope with 20meg speed. I only ever get around 500k after 6ish anyway, the student population are all on the packages around these parts, and NTL put cash before service when they went on a marketing blitz around these parts (the words of a girl I know who works at Baguely)

I am betting Manchester (the baguely servers as a whole) will be one of the last to get the upgrade, and I suspect little to no difference in speed in the evenings. Daytime I'm sure will see the full speed however.

daymouse
09-05-2007, 11:43
They are probably sweating about doing it to be honest. It's hugely oversubscribed as it is, without having to cope with 20meg speed. I only ever get around 500k after 6ish anyway, the student population are all on the packages around these parts, and NTL put cash before service when they went on a marketing blitz around these parts (the words of a girl I know who works at Baguely)

I am betting Manchester (the baguely servers as a whole) will be one of the last to get the upgrade, and I suspect little to no difference in speed in the evenings. Daytime I'm sure will see the full speed however.

Well im on the Baguely network and got full speed 80% of the night last night during 8pm and 11pm the lowest if got was around 750Kb but that was only for a few seconds then it flew back up.!!!:tu:

Retrovertigo
09-05-2007, 12:24
Maybe the Baguely thing can be trouble in localised areas then? Where I live nearly all the local houses are converted into flats, and most flats having a few cable boxes attached. Many more than if single boxes were needed for each household. For example, my property used to be just 2 houses. Now it's 11 flats and there are 7 NTL boxes hooked up on the walls now. It can't help.

RXP
09-05-2007, 14:14
On 20mbit just now, E17 area.

daymouse
09-05-2007, 14:33
On 20mbit just now, E17 area.

Well thats no good to us up here on an M postcode is it!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

ichiban
09-05-2007, 14:33
nearly all the May areas are completed, just hope they start working on the TBC areas.

timmymagic07
09-05-2007, 15:11
No sign of mine being upgraded here in Hillingdon. Read somewhere on here that we are supposed to be in the Brentford area? Although I am on Blueyonder, the person who posted was referring to NTL network, so maybe we aren't counted as Brentford?

All very confusing!

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Whenever I reset the modem I get the following error:

Time Level Description
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Could this cause a problem in getting the new config file?

cheers for any help

Zee
09-05-2007, 15:21
No sign of mine being upgraded here in Hillingdon. Read somewhere on here that we are supposed to be in the Brentford area? Although I am on Blueyonder, the person who posted was referring to NTL network, so maybe we aren't counted as Brentford?

All very confusing!

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Whenever I reset the modem I get the following error:

Time Level Description
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Could this cause a problem in getting the new config file?

cheers for any help

I get those errors, and yes on the ntl network Hillingdon is supposed to be Brentford area on the schedule, unless you're on the borderline of the Telewest/ntl area.

Go here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/misc.php?do=connection and post the "Host" info, dont post the IP.

timmymagic07
09-05-2007, 15:46
ubr06.haye.blueyonder.co.uk

Which I assume means I'm in Hayes? :(

sk8er_boi6000
09-05-2007, 16:04
cable.ubr01.gill.blueyonder.co.uk

This means I am on the Gillingham UBR, although Ashford is the only place anywhere near me that is on the list. Is my area classed as Ashford or Gillingham, because their system confuses me, and if it is Gillingham, would there be a reason for them not to list it?

Sirpingalot
09-05-2007, 16:22
---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

The problem must be localised, as here I'm fine all through the day for 10mbit/s *touch wood*. ( Connected to baguley )

PowerUser
09-05-2007, 16:52
:confused: Can't figure out why Brighton Wasn't on the list to be connected in may, especially as Brighton and Hove is on its way to becoming the technology capital of Europe with free wireless internet access for all. and would be the country's first city-wide network.

And we have one of the biggest virgin media HQ's situated along the road at Shoreham by sea!. I have seen 2 fellow Brighton Residents on here as regards to this and I'm as bemused as they are!. Cmon VM get your finger out!. ;)

Rone
09-05-2007, 17:00
My area [manchester south] went off last night at 4pm and didnt come on till late a.m. this morning, i was told system maintenance and upgrading.
Here's the 20meg upgrade i thought, no it was'nt. :(

greenlantern64
09-05-2007, 17:19
has anyone in the west midlands area ( birmingham, dudley ) etc been upgrades or got any news as to when? The last upgrade to 10 left us to last of the last................

daymouse
09-05-2007, 17:19
My area [manchester south] went off last night at 4pm and didnt come on till late a.m. this morning, i was told system maintenance and upgrading.
Here's the 20meg upgrade i thought, no it was'nt. :(

Has anyone rang up to see when south manchester (baguley) is expcted to be done??? I would ring up myself but cant be arsed!!! ;) ;) ;)

Sirpingalot
09-05-2007, 17:22
Has anyone rang up to see when south manchester (baguley) is expcted to be done??? I would ring up myself but cant be arsed!!! ;) ;) ;)

Nope. Hopefully within the next few weeks.:)

mark1979
09-05-2007, 17:34
no upgrade in south west as of yet(newton abbot)

must admit though my 10mb connection has been getting stronger for some reason,im not complaining

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/05/149.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

gmudos
09-05-2007, 18:08
For those interested in the upcoming Renfrew upgrade. It will take place on either Monday or Tuesday (14/15th May) of next week.

I called CS earlier for more information and this is what they gave me.

Let's hope so!

Zee
09-05-2007, 18:10
To people asking when their area is getting the upgrade, look on the schedule, if it says TBC then they dont know, you'll have to wait till they update it. They updated it yesterday.

BaDaR
09-05-2007, 18:10
Any one knows about these errors? I'm getting these since yesterday on my modem page.

2007-05-08 12:14:26 6-Notice 0x041D0318 SW Download INIT - Via Config file cm-10240-384
2007-05-08 12:14:25 6-Notice 0x045A80E4 TLV-11 - unrecognized OID
1970-01-01 00:02:32 3-Critical 0x040D9A2C DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:02:17 3-Critical 0x04E33948 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:02:08 3-Critical 0x0501BDC8 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
1970-01-01 00:01:58 3-Critical 0x0501BD64 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

gmudos
09-05-2007, 19:41
To people asking when their area is getting the upgrade, look on the schedule, if it says TBC then they dont know, you'll have to wait till they update it. They updated it yesterday.

I had already checked their schedule so while I was on the phone re another issue, I decided to ask them if they knew any more.

Yeeeaaahhhh
09-05-2007, 20:06
Yay! Peterborough upgrade is now completed....and to celebrate i am downloading at...erm...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/05/145.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

:mis:

Safeman
09-05-2007, 20:15
Yay! Peterborough upgrade is now completed....and to celebrate i am downloading at...erm...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/05/145.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

:mis: niceone m8 well am off for 2 weeks on monday for my hols going to watch liverpool and milan be back on the 28th hope ill have 20mb by then happy downloading

cookster
14-05-2007, 13:53
No updates for 5 days on the schedule! Surprise Surprise!!!

tarrant_ino
14-05-2007, 14:43
Slightly gutted that all of the midlands says TBC .. would have thought they might have 1 area in the midlands that al least says May !!

DeanSupreme uk
14-05-2007, 14:58
The site tells you naff all imo..Would ring em for some info but can't be assed sitting on the phone for 1 hour .

greenlantern64
14-05-2007, 15:00
we were last in the 10 meg upgrade .... same this time looks like