PDA

View Full Version : Server Status Page

looselipsuk
30-04-2007, 15:19
Have searched for a thread for this but could not find any.
Not sure if something has happened to my computer but am unable to access the server status page.
This is the error screen that comes up.

Server Error in '/ServiceStatus' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.]
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) +473
System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(Stri ng source, String logName, String machineName, Boolean useMutex) +445
System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(Stri ng source, String logName, String machineName) +11
System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(Stri ng source, String logName) +11
Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.De faultPublisher.VerifyValidSource() +52

Would appreciate finding out if this is a general problem with the status page or if I need to start digging inside Windows as it looks like it may be a Registry key problem.
If it is a problem with my computer then any help would be appreciated.

Stuart
30-04-2007, 15:22
Have searched for a thread for this but could not find any.
Not sure if something has happened to my computer but am unable to access the server status page.
This is the error screen that comes up.

Server Error in '/ServiceStatus' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.]
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) +473
System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(Stri ng source, String logName, String machineName, Boolean useMutex) +445
System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(Stri ng source, String logName, String machineName) +11
System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(Stri ng source, String logName) +11
Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.De faultPublisher.VerifyValidSource() +52

Would appreciate finding out if this is a general problem with the status page or if I need to start digging inside Windows as it looks like it may be a Registry key problem.
If it is a problem with my computer then any help would be appreciated.
Even under the insecure Internet Explorer, no web site should be able to directly access your registry.

That error means that there was a problem with the registry on the server.

Whatever it was, they seem to have fixed it.

countbathory
30-04-2007, 15:28
Even under the insecure Internet Explorer, no web site should be able to directly access your registry.

That error means that there was a problem with the registry on the server.

Whatever it was, they seem to have fixed it.

umm dont think they have as im getting the same error.

Stuart
30-04-2007, 15:32
umm dont think they have as im getting the same error.

The old Telewest page (link at the bottom of every forum page) is still working fine.

The NTL-isp one is the faulty one..

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

looselipsuk
30-04-2007, 15:36
Thank you Stuart C for your quick reply. I've always used the link from the old front page and did not even know there was a link at the bottom of every forum page. Glad to have that piece of advice as well.

pachelbel
30-04-2007, 15:48
The old Telewest page (link at the bottom of every forum page) is still working fine.

Bl**dy Hell Stuart, another link unknown to me. Great:tu:

countbathory
30-04-2007, 16:27

nice one m8, wasnt aware of that one either. :)

Nikesh
30-04-2007, 16:38
I'm still getting the error on the ntl service status....

Druchii
30-04-2007, 16:46
I'm still getting the error on the ntl service status....
So am i. And i reported it the other day as it was completely dead, it's now been removed from the bottom of every page here.

pachelbel
30-04-2007, 17:27
So am i. And i reported it the other day as it was completely dead, it's now been removed from the bottom of every page here.

Well the service status link at the bottom of this page is working for me.

Druchii
30-04-2007, 17:35
Well the service status link at the bottom of this page is working for me.
There used to be 2 of them ;)

wlmlb
30-04-2007, 17:35
http://status2.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

As said i think this is the new address. Works fine and has more info than the old one.

pachelbel
30-04-2007, 17:44
There used to be 2 of them ;)

Well as I use large fonts for everything I need a noddy guide for everything these days. Two links are always better than one, I've got more chance of spotting them.:erm:

Nikesh
30-04-2007, 17:49
http://status2.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

Isn't that the ex-telewest one?

wlmlb
30-04-2007, 17:51
yeah but has helped me i'm ex ntl

cybernetic_tiger
30-04-2007, 20:59
yeah but has helped me i'm ex ntl

How?

It's to do with a completly seperate network :confused:

m044bz00
30-04-2007, 21:54
Isn't that the ex-telewest one?
Never seen this before

A couple of things, why isn't there a single service status page now a number of months after the merger completed with NTL and many months after the Telewest/NTL merger

It'd be nice if the NTL service status page even worked but at least it reflects their current service - IE Useless

NTL seem unwilling to ever admit they have faults and when their service status page does work there's never any info on it apart from the odd planned maint work

Getting back to the above service status page - it's quite scary to see that many faults occurring to be honest, although If I did have a fault I'd rather read about it having been acknowledged instead of constantly being told there is no fault

Vlad_Dracul
30-04-2007, 22:02
The server status page hardly matters since they lie anyway. My service here in Stockport has been rubbish for a couple of weeks and its getting worse. I am powerless to do anything about it becuase if i ring CS,all i will get is someone blaming my PC/My router?My AV software anything but a network issue.

US.M@JORHAZZARD
30-04-2007, 23:27
Ok ppl check your areas http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/servicestatus/

m044bz00
01-05-2007, 00:15
That's alright then, there I was imagining I was getting less than 1/20th of the service I'm paying for but looking at the service status page it appears all is well

Please accept my humblest of apologies for making this grave error, I just hope all the others in my surrounding area that have imagined similar problems are also as forgiving

Hex
01-05-2007, 00:30
http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/ is working again now.

Nikesh
01-05-2007, 17:00
Cool :tu:

Paul
01-05-2007, 17:44
As it's working again it has been re-added to the forum footer.

m044bz00
01-05-2007, 18:16
As it's working again it has been re-added to the forum footer.
Bloody useless though as NTL never admit to having any faults so never update the page :td: