PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

telfordcable
29-04-2007, 23:26
Hi all, I am new to cable broadband soon on the 12th of May with 10Mb soon to be upgrade to 20Mb and I come from Telford area 'TF7 XXX' and I was wondering if anyones who have cable in Telford area with good speed/poor speed or traffic shaping/non-traffic shaping in this area or does 20Mb already upgrade ?

I just heard most area affect by traffic shaping ?

on in an hour!
29-04-2007, 23:37
Hi all, I am new to cable broadband soon on the 12th of May with 10Mb soon to be upgrade to 20Mb and I come from Telford area 'TF7 XXX' and I was wondering if anyones who have cable in Telford area with good speed/poor speed or traffic shaping/non-traffic shaping in this area or does 20Mb already upgrade ?

I just heard most area affect by traffic shaping ?
ex-telewest areas are not affected by the 'throttling',are you ex ntl or ex telewest m8??

telfordcable
29-04-2007, 23:40
No, I'm the first time using cable broadband with virgin media 10Mb on 12th of May as at the moment I am using BT Ipstream Max up to 8Mb but it will soon to be cancel once my cable broadband is go LIVE :)

The reason, I join cable because BE* 24Mb LLU not available, BT ADSL2+ not available until 2011.

Sirpingalot
30-04-2007, 02:18
Well as they always say, if you're in a cable area, get cable!

What on in an hour is asking you, is were Virgin; Telewest or NTL before they became Virgin?

telfordcable
01-05-2007, 00:54
I had spoken tech support about Telford cable to see if traffic chaping is affected in my area and they had checked it out for me and say to me yes it appear that Telford area on TF7 XXX and TF7 XXX are high level traffic shaping and very slow speed experience but it will be fixed overnight to get extra capacity and will removed traffic shaping.

I do hope so, as I had told them I ain't paying £37 a month for 20Mb to be capped at 5Mb - what the point ? They told me we will ensure you will getting a maximum speed once your service go live on the 12th May and that our promise to you.

Do they tell me honest or just mislead me ?

I don't want to go live on may 12th to find out I am stuck at 5Mb from 20Mb and held in a 12 months contract.

Anyones who live post code TF7XXX please tell me if the speed had now been fixed ? Thanks

Druchii
01-05-2007, 01:12
I had spoken tech support about Telford cable to see if traffic chaping is affected in my area and they had checked it out for me and say to me yes it appear that Telford area on TF7 XXX and TF7 XXX are high level traffic shaping and very slow speed experience but it will be fixed overnight to get extra capacity and will removed traffic shaping.

I do hope so, as I had told them I ain't paying £37 a month for 20Mb to be capped at 5Mb - what the point ? They told me we will ensure you will getting a maximum speed once your service go live on the 12th May and that our promise to you.

Do they tell me honest or just mislead me ?

I don't want to go live on may 12th to find out I am stuck at 5Mb from 20Mb and held in a 12 months contract.

Anyones who live post code TF7XXX please tell me if the speed had now been fixed ? Thanks
If i remember correctly there is a month cooling off period from date of install, if you're not happy within that time. Cancel.

nffc
01-05-2007, 01:26
:welcome:

Not entirely sure you should be putting your full postcode on here mate...

telfordcable
01-05-2007, 02:34
I will give it ago for 28 days see how it go, if speed don't get 10mb or 20mb for 28 days then i will cancel it.

IvIaXiIvIuS
01-05-2007, 18:36
:welcome: and thats the spirit, give it a go and if your not entirely satisfied then cancel.