PDA

View Full Version : VM Take the P**

Barewolf
26-04-2007, 22:47
Only recent i started a thread on my GF getting time to do her assignment, granted me the time for her, paid their bill.

Tonight its due in before midnight and the Broadbands gone down. Tried everything to get it up and running with no luck.

WTF are they playing at? What are we paying for here?

I tell you im off to BT after this and so is she, Virgin will be out looking for new mergers soon as they are plummiting rapid.

on in an hour!
26-04-2007, 22:53
Only recent i started a thread on my GF getting time to do her assignment, granted me the time for her, paid their bill.

Tonight its due in before midnight and the Broadbands gone down. Tried everything to get it up and running with no luck.

I tell you im off to BT after this and so is she, Virgin will be out looking for new mergers soon as they are plummiting rapid.
calm down my dear its only an advert!!! what area are you in,what kind of modem do you have??

zing_deleted
26-04-2007, 22:54
you do realise BT will need you to pay your bills ontime also? How did you pay her bill? any other way than calling and paying on a card takes days to get through maybe VM have not seen the cash and they wont tonight before 12 so they cut her off

pmdelany
26-04-2007, 22:55

Is the TV still working?

Barewolf
26-04-2007, 23:03
She is in uxbridge area.

She paid the bill Monday after my Birthday which was 14th April. The full ammount minus £1.75 which they sent her a letter about. Nutters.

WINDS ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zing_deleted
26-04-2007, 23:05
so they gave you a weeks grace when they should have cut her off before to pay the bill in full. You didnt pay the bill in full is that correct? I know its only £1.75 but if the system is in the red and set to cut off cuz of that then thats why

enjoymarcus
26-04-2007, 23:06
With NTL/Virgin, don't you have to take ages and ages, like 6 months without paying before they cut you off? hmm.....

Sirpingalot
26-04-2007, 23:08
Sorry to be of no help, but if the net's gone down, how are you typing this message? And if she's at another house, can't she get it done at yours?

Barewolf
26-04-2007, 23:10
She sorted that 1.75 out zing. who side you on here? 1.75 is stupid, take them more than that in man hours and postage to send the damn letter, but she paid it coz they are asses.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Sirp im in Manchester, shes in London, so not likely she can pop round to send it in here as much as i would like her to

zing_deleted
26-04-2007, 23:11
If I got cut off after not paying a bill id think oh well my fault pay it and hope to get it sorted quick im sorry your good lady has no net and hope she gets it sorted soon

Sirpingalot
26-04-2007, 23:12
Ok, sorry. It is a bit ridiculous that they can't provide you with the service for something so urgent

on in an hour!
26-04-2007, 23:12
She sorted that 1.75 out zing. who side you on here? 1.75 is stupid, take them more than that in man hours and postage to send the damn letter, but she paid it coz they are asses.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Sirp im in Manchester, shes in London, so not likely she can pop round to send it in here as much as i would like her to
on the other hand if you was moaning about 1.75 they owed you and somebody told you its nothing,you would probably reply 'yeah,but times that by how many people they owe 1.75 and its a lot',works both ways brother. ;)

Barewolf
26-04-2007, 23:15
Im not having a go at you Zing, but you know they are wrong. 1.75 is stupid to cut someone off but she paid it all. They just unreliable.

I am going to go ape at VM over this crap they dish out, some guys sat there bored dishing his anger out on us poor people.

Whats Bransons addy, is he in barbados? no? thailand? somewhere on his jet perhaps or in his balloon. God damn it.

bopdude
know its only £1.75 but if the system is in the red and set to cut off cuz of that then thats why

She sorted that 1.75 out zing

What Zingle's saying is that it's a computer generated response / action, if your account is shown as overdue it's the software that sends out the initial letter and the software that cuts you off after a period IIRC

Sirpingalot
Contact them, if you havn't already tried. I assume you have, though? They should understand it's essential to get you up and running, even if it is only for 30 mins

Paul H
She sorted that 1.75 out zing. who side you on here?

:LOL: I thought that was funny

Do you still owe them £1.75 or have you paid them what they wanted. but they have still cut you off?

zing_deleted
26-04-2007, 23:16
Im not having a go at you Zing, but you know they are wrong. 1.75 is stupid to cut someone off but she paid it all. They just unreliable.

I am going to go ape at VM over this crap they dish out, some guys sat there bored dishing his anger out on us poor people.

Whats Bransons addy, is he in barbados? no? thailand? somewhere on his jet perhaps or in his balloon. God damn it.

Dude ive been on the bread line and you have to prioritise what package is she on could she not reduce it if she is having problems making payments?

bopdude
26-04-2007, 23:18

When was the £1.75 paid and how, as I've said, it's computer generated, it takes time for the payment to show as cleared

zing_deleted
What Zingle's saying is that it's a computer generated response / action, if your account is shown as overdue it's the software that sends out the initial letter and the software that cuts you off after a period IIRC

yep :)

on in an hour!
:LOL: I thought that was funny

Do you still owe them £1.75 or have you paid them what they wanted. but they have still cut you off?
who rattled your cage,not seen you all night,has it just gone dark round yours??? is that why your up now...ha ha :D

Paul H
26-04-2007, 23:20

richard.branson@virginmedia.com :D

bopdude
26-04-2007, 23:20
Also mate, not being funny, but if it had to be in by midnight, why leave it so late :shrug:

Barewolf
26-04-2007, 23:21
Dude ive been on the bread line and you have to prioritise what package is she on could she not reduce it if she is having problems making payments?

Yeah Zing she could downgrade to 56k modem but by the time she sends her assignment in it would be too late, like a week too late.

Marge
26-04-2007, 23:21
Barewolf, have you checked to see whether it's either an area fault or maybe maintenance in the area ?? I think you're over-reacting big time here and as for you shouting the odds at VM, 1) it isn't your account to be shouting and bawling about and 2) can't the g/f ring up herself ?

Barewolf
26-04-2007, 23:23
And she has paid the 1.75 yes.

Apparently theres nothing they can do, shes on fone to them now. so sounds like VM.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

im not over reacting, this is important and Virgin are annoying

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

if im over reacting its coz VM brought my GF to tears 3 times this month. Wouldnt that make you angry?

on in an hour!
26-04-2007, 23:23
And she has paid the 1.75 yes.

Apparently theres nothing they can do, shes on fone to them now. so sounds like VM.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

im not over reacting, this is important and Virgin are annoying
not bad eh wolf..on to ISP at 11.25pm ;)

hokkers999
26-04-2007, 23:25

Not as unreliable as those who won't pay their bills. You do realise that chasing people like you for money means that MY bills are higher? Thanks a bunch, hope BT enjoy chasing you for money.

Before you get all indignant about it being only £1.75, how about your boss keeps that back from your pay packet each week?

What's that you say, that's different....

TheDaddy
With NTL/Virgin, don't you have to take ages and ages, like 6 months without paying before they cut you off? hmm.....

That's how it used to be with the internet, these day's though it seems to be the first thing they cut of

cuggle
unless she`s calling them with her mobile? if she is calling on her landline i`d say it`s prob a bb fault and she hasn`t been cut off anyway!

Paul H
who rattled your cage,not seen you all night,has it just gone dark round yours??? is that why your up now...ha ha :D

I have been here all night. you've just been looking in the wrong forum for me :)

Marge
26-04-2007, 23:27
I think for your safety, you both need to move your services before you spontaneously combust :p:

hokkers999
26-04-2007, 23:28
Yeah Zing she could downgrade to 56k modem but by the time she sends her assignment in it would be too late, like a week too late.

Or given that there was a deadline she actually gets *organised* prepares it well in advance and *gasp* prints it off and posts it, takes it in by hand, emails it several days early....

there's a quote you would do well to learn

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute a crisis on my part

Sirpingalot
26-04-2007, 23:28
Yeah, probably would've been better if she'd submitted it earlier.

on in an hour!
26-04-2007, 23:29
I have been here all night. you've just been looking in the wrong forum for me :)
oh right,been on 1 of those arty farty religion/arts/polotics threads then??? :D

Nedkelly
26-04-2007, 23:32
ust one question does your girl friend pay the bill on time all the time or is she late paying :)Or do what marge is saying for your health

Paul H
26-04-2007, 23:35
oh right,been on 1 of those arty farty religion/arts/polotics threads then??? :D

legal/virgin media/consumer/teapots :woot:

Nevermind1994
26-04-2007, 23:36
if im over reacting its coz VM brought my GF to tears 3 times this month. Wouldnt that make you angry?

Might teach her to pay her bills on time from now on then.....

on in an hour!
26-04-2007, 23:39
legal/virgin media/consumer/teapots :woot:
really ****ed of now...missed the teapots one!!! :mad:

colin-bennett
26-04-2007, 23:41
I do find Mr wolf amusing and even entertaining at times...

on in an hour!
26-04-2007, 23:43
I do find Mr wolf amusing and even entertaining at times...
i doubt if that guys gonna sleep tonite considering how angry he is,i can see him jumping on a virgin atlantic flight to neckar to confront branson,only to be told,sorry m8 i cant discuss your GF's acc,its data protection and all that..:D

v0id
26-04-2007, 23:46
..paying on a card takes days to get through....

24 hours isn't really days, and even then, I guess that's just to cover themselves as the odd occasion I've been late paying service has been restored by the time I've got off the phone.

Apparently you get "services reduced" about 14 days after your 2nd bill is generated (7 days after they send you a reminder/phone you) if the previous months balance remains unpaid

Of course paying late nowdays, results in the tenner penalty charge :Yikes:

richard.branson@virginmedia.com :D

@virginmedia.com addresses are going to be for consumers, whereas
@virginmedia.co.uk are going to be for staff, if the newsgroups are to believed :P

colin-bennett
26-04-2007, 23:52
i doubt if that guys gonna sleep tonite considering how angry he is,i can see him jumping on a virgin atlantic flight to neckar to confront branson,only to be told,sorry m8 i cant discuss your GF's acc,its data protection and all that..:D

You really out to check out Mr wolf's previous posts to see my point.....

zing_deleted
26-04-2007, 23:53
24 hours isn't really days, and even then, I guess that's just to cover themselves as the odd occasion I've been late paying service has been restored by the time I've got off the phone.

Apparently you get "services reduced" about 14 days after your 2nd bill is generated (7 days after they send you a reminder/phone you) if the previous months balance remains unpaid

Of course paying late nowdays, results in the tenner penalty charge :Yikes:

@virginmedia.co.uk are going to be for staff, if the newsgroups are to believed :P

could you re edit the quote leaving the first part of that sentence please

MovedGoalPosts
26-04-2007, 23:55
hmm, lot of hot air so far in this thread.

It's worth looking at the VM service status threads - for example parts of south London ex ntl are currently described as having web browsing issues. These things do happen, to any ISP.

The reality is we all get used to having access to technology, but there is also no minimum service level agreement for residential broadband, from any ISP. They can all go wrong.

Leaving a critical assignment to such a last minute date suggests to me that not only was there a risk, but that the assignment even if it were submitted by the deadline, will have been hurried and probably not the finished article the author would have desired. It's a bit unfair to put the whole blame on your ISP for not having been a bit more organised.

on in an hour!
26-04-2007, 23:58
hmm, lot of hot air so far in this thread.

It's worth looking at the VM service status threads - for example parts of south London ex ntl are currently described as having web browsing issues. These things do happen, to any ISP.

The reality is we all get used to having access to technology, but there is also no minimum service level agreement for residential broadband, from any ISP. They can all go wrong.

Leaving a critical assignment to such a last minute date suggests to me that not only was there a risk, but that the assignment even if it were submitted by the deadline, will have been hurried and probably not the finished article the author would have desired. It's a bit unfair to put the whole blame on your ISP for not having been a bit more organised.
just a guess here but is the GF up from london and at uni in manchester,if so rob its a bit unfair calling her for not getting things sorted earlier as in all probability shes only just got up..he he :D

Paul H
27-04-2007, 00:01
@virginmedia.com addresses are going to be for consumers, whereas @virginmedia.co.uk are going to be for staff, if the newsgroups are to believed :P

I'm sure he'll own both. I don't think he'll let the other Richard Branson have the other :)

colin-bennett
27-04-2007, 00:02
just a guess here but is the GF up from london and at uni in manchester,if so rob its a bit unfair calling her for not getting things sorted earlier as in all probability shes only just got up..he he :D

Hmmm
Thats all I can say to this.

HMMMMMM

Stephen
27-04-2007, 00:13

virginmedia.co.uk are already staff emails and have been since feb. Although Mr Branson won't have one.

VM are not taking the **** I used to work in customer service and constantly took calls from people that have been cut off and they thought it was unfair until I looked at the state of their accounts.

Many of them were late in paying bills every month which builds up and eventually the automatic system kicks in and reminder letters are sent then the system will bar the account until it is fully up to date.

It sometimes takes a day or two for the actual computer system to recieve notice that the account is up to date and then activate services again.

dilli-theclaw
27-04-2007, 00:54
im not over reacting, this is importantIs it THAT important to get all worked up about?

Not really, I'd suggest you calm yourself down before calling them (virgin) up though.

Good luck with sorting it all out tomorrow.

Myself though - I think I'd take a long look at what really IS important, but that's just me ;)

xpod
27-04-2007, 01:37
You should try the issues we`ve had in only a year using the service(hear the violins play gently in the background)

Our very first ever bill came to over £100 due to it being a month and part or something like that but even though it was not our fault it had automatically went over the initial £100 credit limit we were still automatically cut off.Apoligies and turned straight back on after irrate phone call

They tried to take our second bill from an old bank account i`d already cancelled use of thereby costing me £35 in charges.Apoligies and creditied to next bill with extra £10 this time.

The 5th or mabey 7th bill was actually taken twice from my wifes bank account after we called up & paid over the phone with her debit card.We had to wait about 5 days for the £120 to be returned and were given a free upgrade from 4 to 10 mb after irrate letter and numerous irrate phonecalls.

Then there was the faulty STB that we waited 5 days for an engineer to come replace only for him to leave with not just the old STB but the bloody remote control too....THAT was fun.New remote through the post after one of my calls.
Still being charged for the BBP features 3 months after upgrading to the 4mb.Got an extra£15 for that one.
Losing all our original photobox photos(BBP accounts) after that same upgrade and not being able to get them back no matter what or who i contact.Apoligies from both NTL(at time) and Photobox but no upgrades this time:(

And those are just the ones i can remember....there are others:o:

tweetypie/8
28-04-2007, 12:32

you are one crying pain in the a** when you owe money you pay up,see how well bt treats you with an attitude like yours you will be told to get on your bike.:mad:

Rik
28-04-2007, 12:48

If you would have paid the bill in the first place none of this would have happened, youve created this problem im afraid, and you sounding off about VM and how crap they are will not change this.

Harsh but true.

If I didnt pay my bill I would expect to be disconnected.

Bill C
28-04-2007, 13:19

The simplicity of it all is that is you pay your bill and on time you will get the service. If you don't pay your bill or don't pay in time to stop the auto shut off you don't get the service. Stop whining and pay your bill and on time. It does not take a university degree to work that out :).

I tell you im off to BT after this and so is she, Virgin will be out looking for new mergers soon as they are plummiting rapid.Good that will be one less debt we have to spend money chasing

Go to BT and try crying to them when you don't pay your bill or don't pay it on time do you honestly think they will let you carry on using it if you do not pay them.

To save money do this and then you will not have to pay reconnect fee's

PAY YOUR BILL ON TIME

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

I'm sure he'll own both. I don't think he'll let the other Richard Branson have the other :)

As is normal you are wrong in o so many ways.