PDA

View Full Version : Over subscribed line

shredder1uk
25-04-2007, 20:52
I have been on 10meg 4 meg 2meg And have the same problems during peak times.I lag out of all games im playing online and vm say it is because my line is over subscribed not much good to me when the only time i can game is when i get in from work at 6 am to about 8am and thats it for the day. Its time to cancel this **** poor service and go withsomeone else(dont think anyone else can be this bad) Cs say they can do nothing for me i have to live with it till they upgrade the lines. UM NO I DONT.Tired of paying for a service they cant deliver not doing it anymore. Ps never had this problem till VM took over the show.

Toto
25-04-2007, 21:04
First

NOTHING to do with VM taking over ntl / Telewest, the fundemental architecture has not changed.

Second

Resegmentation, an on-going work will hopefully bring a bit more parity to your uBR, and you may see some improvements.

Third

Traffic shaping, the all-hated system of punishing those who constantly take up bandwidth at the expense of others may also help in the future.

Forth

You could go to ADSL, but if you think that will improve the situation, then its likely it won't, sorry.

Nedkelly
25-04-2007, 21:10
In some areas we are trailling dual docis to help with these problems :tu:

Toto
25-04-2007, 21:21
In some areas we are trailling dual docis to help with these problems :tu:

Really?

How will that work, do you know?

jcuk
25-04-2007, 21:54
isnt that dual docsis? eh - i dunno lol ive read up breifly on cable internet technology

Nedkelly
25-04-2007, 21:57
Its when we use 2 freq on the download freq .:)

shredder1uk
26-04-2007, 08:01
Well something needs to change and quickly.