PDA

View Full Version : Transfer BT phone number to VM?

dkayuk
25-04-2007, 20:07
Hi

my situation is as follows. I have Virgin Media telephone (for about 5 years now) and V+ service.

I also have a BT phone and BT adsl also for about 5 years.

I've not really given my Virgin Media telephone number to anyone so all my friends, family etc etc have my BT phone number.

I intend on cancelling BT ADSL and phone and get VM Broadband. My only problem is having to tell everyone what my new phone number is!!!

Is there anyway of transferring my BT phone number to my existing VM telephone line? What is the process and can VM help me with this?

thx

DK

on in an hour!
25-04-2007, 20:37
speak to cust serv who can arrange a No port,basically a transfer of your BT No to VM.if you have 1 VM line already then no problem with the existing cabling to your house as it can support 2 lines,if more recently installed cable it will support three,good luck :)

colin-bennett
25-04-2007, 23:21
An active / active port takes 7 days. Contact cust services who will do this for you

JASONUKUK
26-04-2007, 06:44
i tranfered number last week
losed caller id
old corded phone works 1990 works as bt no problem.

cordless digital
1 ring pick up on bt line
>>>5-6<<< ring to pick up on virgin line. missing lots of calls.

smarty
26-04-2007, 15:14
You may lose caller ID.

jcw00
26-04-2007, 20:12
Hi

my situation is as follows. I have Virgin Media telephone (for about 5 years now) and V+ service.

I also have a BT phone and BT adsl also for about 5 years.

I've not really given my Virgin Media telephone number to anyone so all my friends, family etc etc have my BT phone number.

I intend on cancelling BT ADSL and phone and get VM Broadband. My only problem is having to tell everyone what my new phone number is!!!

Is there anyway of transferring my BT phone number to my existing VM telephone line? What is the process and can VM help me with this?

thx

DK

Even if your number moves accross with 7 days, BT may hold you to 30 days notice.

mdmcholet
07-05-2007, 16:43
IF your number can be ported. They spent 3 weeks "trying" to port my number in Jan.

Got tolds lots of different stories by many different staff members - but in the end they were not able to port my number as it was in a range that BT would not allow to be ported (if that is true - but hey who knows)

:monkey: