PDA

View Full Version : Can i migrate my VM phone number to another company

boodykaka
21-04-2007, 22:49
I have been having problems with VM regarding TV & phone package changes, to The extent i will be cancelling all my VM services.
The question is can i migrate my existing phone number to another provider?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Edit
It's just so i know when talking to a VM rep, as i have been lied to in the past

Rapid Dr3am
21-04-2007, 22:57
You can request to port out your number.

colin-bennett
21-04-2007, 23:02
I have been having problems with VM regarding TV & phone package changes, to The extent i will be cancelling all my VM services.
The question is can i migrate my existing phone number to another provider?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Edit
It's just so i know when talking to a VM rep, as i have been lied to in the past

Sorry you having probs.
The only provider you can Reliably port to is BT although no port is every guarantied..
Once you have an active BT line there are many providers trying to get your custom and BT may be able to transfer your number to one of these. However please remember these companies do not own the telco lines so you will be dealing with third parties. Ok till some thing goes wrong.

boodykaka
21-04-2007, 23:05
thanks

arcamalpha2004
22-04-2007, 09:48
Sorry you having probs.
The only provider you can Reliably port to is BT although no port is every guarantied..
Once you have an active BT line there are many providers trying to get your custom and BT may be able to transfer your number to one of these. However please remember these companies do not own the telco lines so you will be dealing with third parties. Ok till some thing goes wrong.

I had no problem changing from then ntl to bt, even got to keep the old number.

colin-bennett
22-04-2007, 17:09
I had no problem changing from then ntl to bt, even got to keep the old number.

Well done M8
As I said no port out is guaranteed..

wabbit
22-04-2007, 22:32
The way to get your number ported to a different provider is to tell the new provider you want to keep your number and transfer it from VM. Its not VM you inform, its the new provider and usually it takes 4 days [except in some situations where 3rd parties are involved].