They would then not be 'unlimited'
unless they can use another word other than 'limited' or 'limits apply'
is there another word they could use?

Paul K
20-04-2007, 20:43
Must admit, you don't give up do you?

Nikesh
20-04-2007, 20:46
This thread looks familiar, hopefully it won't end up like the last one. :rolleyes:

peanut
20-04-2007, 20:46
He's the one that's 'Unlimited' :p:

Paul H
20-04-2007, 20:49
Must admit, you don't give up do you?

What is wrong with my post Paul? I thought it was quite interesting. I wouldn't have bothered doing it if I didn't think it was. :(

peanut
20-04-2007, 20:49
There are plenty of threads on this forum to answer any of your questions. But I must admit you might have to dig deep, lol.

Paul H
20-04-2007, 20:50
This thread looks familiar, hopefully it won't end up like the last one. :rolleyes:

Has someone already done this one?

Marge
20-04-2007, 20:52
Please please please do you have another record you can play cos I'm losing the will to live :D

Paul H
20-04-2007, 20:55
There are plenty of threads on this forum to answer any of your questions. But I must admit you might have to dig deep, lol.

I've used the search but it's a bit hit and miss. I wanted to post this in this way as I find it interesting because if they did have to say it was limited, then it was limited all the time. do you see what I mean? :)

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Please please please do you have another record you can play cos I'm losing the will to live :D

I could play the tiscali record but it's a bit scratched :)

peanut
20-04-2007, 20:55
Try http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33611851-virgin-media-not-unlimited.html for one

Derek
20-04-2007, 20:56
No it is unlimited. You might not get the full speed but you can download as much as you like

* Subject to the same acceptable use policy in force with pretty much every ISP I can think of.

Cobbydaler
20-04-2007, 20:57
I've used the search but it's a bit hit and miss. I wanted to post this in this way as I find it interesting because if they did have to say it was limited, then it was limited all the time. do you see what I mean? :)

I see exactly what you mean, you're a troll & proud of it...

Deliberately obtuse...

peanut
20-04-2007, 20:58
No it is unlimited. You might not get the full speed but you can download as much as you like

* Subject to the same acceptable use policy in force with pretty much every ISP I can think of.

Nooooo don't go there, you're reopening that can of worms yet again.

There is no AUP. Oh there is, but what does that mean. No it is unlimited, but they limit you so that's not unlimited. Oh sod it..................... :D

Paul H
20-04-2007, 21:00
Try http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33611851-virgin-media-not-unlimited.html for one

Thanks peanut. that one was about the ADSL side of Virgin. I'm not sure they have the traffic management trial.

peanut
20-04-2007, 21:01
Keep reading, lol.

Bill C
20-04-2007, 21:03
I see exactly what you mean, you're a troll & proud of it...

Deliberately obtuse...

so glad others are starting to see this :)

Paul H
20-04-2007, 21:05

So they wouldn't be able to use the words 'limited' or 'limits apply' if they did. that's what I'm asking. what word would they have to use to tell people about the 'limits' while still being able to say that they were 'unlimited' ?

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

you're a troll & proud of it...

Please do not call me a troll just because I post something you don't like :(

zing_deleted
20-04-2007, 21:07
I wish I could have an amnesty from infractions and the swear filter removed so I can once and for all tell those who just come on here to cause trouble what I really think about them . This is a friendly and helpful forum that helps loads of people every week I myself have helped loads. Those who just troll here make me think wtf they doing here? target someone who matters not a helpful support forum. So go "insert 2 words that mean go away stronger" and leave us to help

Bill C
20-04-2007, 21:08
I think this thread was a thread to far :D

papa smurf
20-04-2007, 21:09
i think someone needs therapy

zing_deleted
20-04-2007, 21:10
i think someone needs therapy

I do man oh the pressure ;)

Cobbydaler
20-04-2007, 21:12
Please do not call me a troll just because I post something you don't like :(

Who said I didn't like what you posted? The definition of an unlimited service has been talked to death on these forums. It is debatable how it should be worded, unlimited as in the speed of your connection or unlimited as in downloads. On that I agree...

However, you post without logic or reason to suit your own agenda...

I consider that to be trolling...

Paul H
20-04-2007, 21:14
I wish I could have an amnesty from infractions and the swear filter removed so I can once and for all tell those who just come on here to cause trouble what I really think about them . This is a friendly and helpful forum that helps loads of people every week I myself have helped loads. Those who just troll here make me think wtf they doing here? target someone who matters not a helpful support forum. So go "insert 2 words that mean go away stronger" and leave us to help

I have made many posts myself where I have helped people! you say it is a help forum. I thought it was a discussion forum too. where you can discuss things. I am discussing things. if you don't like my posts then just ignore me. but please don't accuse me of being a troll to everyone just because I post interesting posts. I am actually fed up of the same people following me around to jump into my threads and quickly throwing the abuse at me, but not contributing to the threads :(

zing_deleted
20-04-2007, 21:15
you insult me thinking im that stupid as to not see through you??? and thats all im saying cuz you will just try to drag me down to your level again

papa smurf
20-04-2007, 21:16
If Virgin implement the Traffic Management throughout it's network they will
have to advertise it's broadband services as 'limited' or 'limits apply'
They would then not be 'unlimited'
unless they can use another word other than 'limited' or 'limits apply'
is there another word they could use?

how about obsessed

Nikesh
20-04-2007, 21:17
Has someone already done this one?

I said similar one.

Paul H
20-04-2007, 21:18
you insult me thinking im that stupid as to not see through you??? and thats all im saying cuz you will just try to drag me down to your level again

I think you're stupid? you was the one who sent me all them PM's thinking I was the stupid one. I can see this thread being closed again because everyone is yet again going off topic.

dilli-theclaw
20-04-2007, 21:20
Return this thread to it's topic NOW.

Locky
20-04-2007, 21:25
i am a heavy downloader i admit that, but i cant realy complain about traffic management i have said this before and will say it again, traffic shapeing dureing peak times is far beter than a 75gig usage allowance, i, as i am sure many others, would agree to that

zing_deleted
20-04-2007, 21:29
I think you're stupid? you was the one who sent me all them PM's thinking I was the stupid one. I can see this thread being closed again because everyone is yet again going off topic.

Sorry Dilli but I have the pms and can make them available to a mod if needed.I did not call you stupid

Mad thing is ive made the point I agree with the point im also sick to death of hearing the point and using the point just to stir crap is just plain unnecessary

Paul H
20-04-2007, 21:33
Mad thing is ive made the point I agree with the point im also sick to death of hearing the point and using the point just to stir crap is just plain unnecessary

:zzz: :notopic:

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

i am a heavy downloader i admit that, but i cant realy complain about traffic management i have said this before and will say it again, traffic shapeing dureing peak times is far beter than a 75gig usage allowance, i, as i am sure many others, would agree to that

I agree.

Paul
20-04-2007, 21:37
You already have a thread about 'unlimited' in which it has been pointed out more than once that a speed limit is not a limit on how much you can download. There is no point to yet another thread. If you want to continue this particular mission then use the existing thread.

Closed.