PDA

View Full Version : Duvet Cover

wilcoxm
20-04-2007, 12:13
Please help.

I have decided to change the duvet cover this morning, so i removed the old cover and dug out the new clean cover. OMG how hard is it to put on the new cover,

Have tried pegs, climbing in, shaking, stamping and finally got a HUGE ball of duvet one end and nothing the other.

Anyone give any ideas or tips to this simple task??

:mad::mad::mad:

on in an hour!
20-04-2007, 12:15
use blankets instead springs to mind!!!;)

danielf
20-04-2007, 12:19
This is best done by two people. Still, in my experience, the easiest way is to to turn the cover inside out, place the duvet at the right corners, and then turn the cover inside in, whilst ensuring the duvet remains in place.

handyman
20-04-2007, 12:20
Please help.

I have decided to change the duvet cover this morning, so i removed the old cover and dug out the new clean cover. OMG how hard is it to put on the new cover,

Have tried pegs, climbing in, shaking, stamping and finally got a HUGE ball of duvet one end and nothing the other.

Anyone give any ideas or tips to this simple task??

:mad::mad::mad:

Place the duvet on the bed and stand at the bottom of the bed. Simply turn the duvet cover inside out. Then put your arms in (probably other bits of you will end up in also but thats no problem) and make a sock puppet type thing with eack bottom corner and grab the 2 closest corners of the duvet. In a quick movement pull the duvet into the cover and fling the cover round the out side bring it the right way round. Skahe like buggery then finish off the other end and skae from side to side. Take 1 min max and can be done by 1 person no probs.

Halcyon
20-04-2007, 12:23
I normally take a corner of the cover and then push it in with my other hand to hold it up to the duvet corner.
Then do the same with the other corner and hold it all up by the two corners and shake it about and it will sort itself into place.

superbiatch
20-04-2007, 12:23
LOL!!

Start with the duvet cover inside out.
Then put your hands right to the far corners on the inside (which is actually the outside!).
Grab the duvet with your hands still inside the cover and flick the rest of the cover over (making sure you get the corners as tightly packed in as poss).
Lay the duvet in the cover on the bed and pull the open end of the cover down to cover the whole duvet, pushing remaining corners inside.
Give it a good shake to straighten it out.
Button or whatever to keep it all in place.
Jobs a good'un :)

Good luck ;)

If this fails, how about getting your mum around?? :p:

joglynne
20-04-2007, 12:24
I turn the cover inside out. Put my hands into the far corners of the cover, bunching the cover over my forearms then grab hold of the appropriate corners of the duvet.

A quick flick, or prolonged shake depending on the size of the duvet, and the cover slides down my arms and over the duvet.

The trick with this method is to not let go of the duvet until you have it supported by the bed. It's then a simple matter to push the last two corners into place and do up the fasteners.

Jo

Boy do you lot type fast!!!!

bopdude
20-04-2007, 12:26
Yep, the inside out way is the way to go :tu: :D

danielf
20-04-2007, 12:28
Alternatively, use the cover as a bed sheet and plonk the duvet on top of it. Job done :D

joglynne
20-04-2007, 12:29
Or sleep in the cover and put the duvet on top:)

superbiatch
20-04-2007, 12:30
Sleeping bag??

Tightscot
20-04-2007, 12:32
aye - turn the cover inside out - i was typing a full post to explain how but gave up cos it didn't make sense, quite hard to describe, like the 'sock puppet' bit though Handyman! LOL.

joglynne
20-04-2007, 12:32
10 replys in 20 minutes this must be a record!

make that11

Tightscot
20-04-2007, 12:33
whoever thought Duvets could be so interesting!? (13)

Slyder
20-04-2007, 13:00
Or sleep in the cover and put the duvet on top:)

Or just not goto bed again :D..

I tried doing this for the first time the other day myself as the ex used to do it. (note that I did offer, but was refused) :angel:

Tricky thou.. :D

Fingy
20-04-2007, 13:00
Just get Handyman round to do it for you. ;)

greencreeper
20-04-2007, 18:31
For single duvets, as others have posted, I turn the cover inside out, grasp the corners of the duvet cover and duvet, and flick - best done standing on the bed or a chair. Mind not to fall off. That would be embarrassing. For double or larger duvets, I lay the cover on the floor and climb inside, pulling the duvet with me until it reaches the corners.

joglynne
20-04-2007, 19:12
Oh greencreeper, I would love to see a picture of you ensconced inside the duvet cover. Hope the phone never rings in the middle of that manoeuvre, you'd do yourself an injury trying to get out of there quickly. Definitely an advanced method.:)

gooner4life
20-04-2007, 19:21
Single or double duvets I do the turning the cover inside out and shaking vigorously, good thing ive got arms like popeye only twice as wide as my old mum still has a queen size duck feather quilt thats heavy as you like.

thankfully the other half does the bed at home for me :D

greencreeper
20-04-2007, 19:22
Oh greencreeper, I would love to see a picture of you ensconced inside the duvet cover. Hope the phone never rings in the middle of that manoeuvre, you'd do yourself an injury trying to get out of there quickly. Definitely an advanced method.:)
Yes - it's not without risk. Definitely not for those with a poor sense of direction - could get lost and be in there all night :D

SnoopZ
20-04-2007, 19:25
I normally take a corner of the cover and then push it in with my other hand to hold it up to the duvet corner.
Then do the same with the other corner and hold it all up by the two corners and shake it about and it will sort itself into place.

I do it like that too. :)

Maggy
20-04-2007, 19:45
For single duvets, as others have posted, I turn the cover inside out, grasp the corners of the duvet cover and duvet, and flick - best done standing on the bed or a chair. Mind not to fall off. That would be embarrassing. For double or larger duvets, I lay the cover on the floor and climb inside, pulling the duvet with me until it reaches the corners.

Oh I so want a picture of that.

After that it occurred to me to wonder how tall you are...:scratch:

altis
20-04-2007, 20:22
Deja Vu:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/3981-duvet-cover-changing.html

By Peachey no less!

greencreeper
20-04-2007, 21:48
Oh I so want a picture of that.

After that it occurred to me to wonder how tall you are...:scratch:
I'm not a dwarf ;) Thankfully, I rarely have to do big duvets - unless my mate requests help. Most of the time I just struggle with a single duvet, stood on my blanket box.

homealone
20-04-2007, 22:08
I'm not a dwarf ;) Thankfully, I rarely have to do big duvets - unless my mate requests help. Most of the time I just struggle with a single duvet, stood on my blanket box.

it works over the banisters, but I guess your dwelling doesn't have an 'upstairs' ? ;)

greencreeper
20-04-2007, 22:26
it works over the banisters, but I guess your dwelling doesn't have an 'upstairs' ? ;)
:D

Now I come to think of it, I don't have banisters - just stairs :erm:

lauzjp
20-04-2007, 22:31
I can't do changing duvet covers. My arms are too short. Seriously - even the doctor I saw today for my dwp medical commented on my short arms! :LOL: