PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Two Boxes To One TV

fleetingmind
18-04-2007, 13:15
I have Virgin media and I also have a Dreambox 500. Box are fed off the Virgin box into the house. Is there a way (Splitter?) to connect them to the same TV without having to changing the cable over from box to the other.

Many thanks.

Psipoc
18-04-2007, 14:32
sorry dude this message is gonna get trashed dreambox and dbox talk is not allowed on this forum

Psi

awibble
18-04-2007, 15:18
Whats wrong with a dreambox? just sounds like a satalight reciver, unless ive missed something

Paul K
18-04-2007, 15:35
You aren't supposed to use 3rd party equipment on your VM line ;)

awibble
18-04-2007, 15:50
You aren't supposed to use 3rd party equipment on your VM line ;)

hmm, ive never heard of a dreambox, but the site i found about it was talking about sats not cable... have i missed something again?

Dont want to talk about it to use on my VM line, but if its something that might but my Sky dish to better use then im intrested :)

Paul K
18-04-2007, 15:59
It seems to be a box you can use to pick up channels from various systems but I would be intrigued to here what the OP is using it for. Until then I doubt the thread will be closed lol
Hmmm
<edit Rob: link deleted - don't want to make things easy ;) >

Psipoc
18-04-2007, 16:00
I Believe its very similar to the dbox2 and various other linux style boxes that enable illegal use of cable channels please correct me if i'm wrong people

Regards

Psi

Paul K
18-04-2007, 16:01
Nope from the link I just posted it does indeed look dodgy.

awibble
18-04-2007, 16:03
It seems to be a box you can use to pick up channels from various systems but I would be intrigued to here what the OP is using it for. Until then I doubt the thread will be closed lol
Hmmm
<edit Rob - link deleted>

Shame telewest carn't 'Spike' them like they do in the movies :)

If thats what its for then im not intrested, just thought it might be useful for the dish on the side of the house instead of freesat :)

Paul K
18-04-2007, 16:04
It can be used instead of a freesat box but to be honest you would probably need to find somewhere to help you set it up. The thread I linked to would be a good place to look and ask questions.

awibble
18-04-2007, 16:06
looks like they do more intresting modles as well, that have a lot more features...

Something for me to read while i wait for VM, god this on hold music drives me nuts.

Now i get what the OP is saying, he wants to split the VM feed, which means hes not been nice with it.

MovedGoalPosts
18-04-2007, 16:09
Cable Forum does not support any method of obtaining services without a proper subscription, and that also requires Cableco supplied STBs only.

If the OP wishes to discuss by PM that the use is legitimate we will consider reopening this thread, otherwise, for now it is closed.