PDA

View Full Version : help needed after going from 2meg to 10meg

ned1
17-04-2007, 20:23
Hi all,
Upgraded from 2meg (via TV set top box) to VIP package a few days ago with V+ and modem (10meg) fitted no problems.
To save myself looking silly by ringing virgin, Could anyone tell me,
when I changed to 10meg I had to re-activate my B/B and TV with new password etc.
today I have just tried to update my website but have been unable to get a connection, could this be due to the fact that I have upgraded or do all the
addresses, links, web space, etc, stay the same. :erm:

Thanks for any help :confused:
ned

ps Last updated web site two months ago with no problems,

Paul K
17-04-2007, 20:39
You may need to call them and make sure they transfer the webspace to your account. Have you tried both your old user name/ password combi as well as the new?

homealone
17-04-2007, 20:40
afaik you should use your 'old' details to access your webspace, otherwise it shouldn't have changed. :)

Nedkelly
17-04-2007, 20:44
Not sure about this one. Both the above should work the best thing to do is ring up and see if they can sort it out .Or someone on hear might of had the same problem good luck:tu:

ned1
19-04-2007, 12:25
Ok,
I have phoned Virgin Media about not being able to upload to my web space,
The guy on the other end was very good and after some Q & A and checking came to the conclusion that explorer 7 (which I have just put on) will not let me upload to the Virgin Media site for whatever reason, so I will have to go back to 6 (can I have both running) to upload.

Ned
ps I will let you know if it works :rolleyes:

Richy99
19-04-2007, 12:40
why not just download an ftp client?

maverick
19-04-2007, 12:55
Ok,
I have phoned Virgin Media about not being able to upload to my web space,
The guy on the other end was very good and after some Q & A and checking came to the conclusion that explorer 7 (which I have just put on) will not let me upload to the Virgin Media site for whatever reason, so I will have to go back to 6 (can I have both running) to upload.

Ned
ps I will let you know if it works :rolleyes:

I believe the FTP tool using Internet Explorer 7 has been removed by Microsoft.

ned1
20-04-2007, 15:58
why not just download an ftp client?

Hi, I am using Terrapin v2,
the install date of explorer 7 is before I uploaded last time with no problems so not sure what to do now.
I may tire FireFox and see if that helps.
Thanks
Ned

anyone got any ideas :confused:

ned1
22-04-2007, 12:46
Hi all,
My problem is now sorted, "SWITCH WINDOWS FIRE WALL OFF"Uploaded to my website with no problems.
Thanks for all your help
Ned

ps I also had sygate running.