PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up for house move....

chrisjones
13-04-2007, 11:22
Ok, so ive found out the road im moving to has cable - I'm keen to carry on my internet services with Virgin as right now we are getting a cracking deal due to a very nice man in retentions :p:

Having experienced nearly every kind of admin c0ck up possible during my time with NTL/Virgin (have to say it has been better since 'Mr.B' took over..) I'm keen to get the account transfer done as smoothly as possible when the time arrives.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appriciated.

Ta like.

virginmedia
13-04-2007, 11:57
Call up customer services and they will do it all for you.

Nedkelly
13-04-2007, 12:01
:tu: Good luck take down the persons name you talk to time and date .Also try and give them at least 2 /3 weeks notice .This way if installs are busy in your area you can get a date near your moving date :tu: :)

Chris
13-04-2007, 12:03

There's the understatement of the century.

Call customer services, giving them as much notice as you possibly can of the date you wish to transfer, and then watch the process like a hawk throughout. Look out for special touches like cutting off your services immediately (rather than on the requested date), and in that case, claiming it's not worth reconnecting you as it takes too long (utter nonsense by the way, don't stand for it, it can be done pretty quickly).

On the other hand it may go smoothly, but be warned, house moves generate a lot of complaints on here. Thankfully there are some superb staffers on this forum who are happy to help out (one of them sorted things out for me, which was great).

Best of luck!

chrisjones
13-04-2007, 12:10

:dozey:

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

There's the understatement of the century.

Call customer services, giving them as much notice as you possibly can of the date you wish to transfer, and then watch the process like a hawk throughout. Look out for special touches like cutting off your services immediately (rather than on the requested date), and in that case, claiming it's not worth reconnecting you as it takes too long (utter nonsense by the way, don't stand for it, it can be done pretty quickly).

On the other hand it may go smoothly, but be warned, house moves generate a lot of complaints on here. Thankfully there are some superb staffers on this forum who are happy to help out (one of them sorted things out for me, which was great).

Best of luck!

Thanks for your help :tu:

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

:tu: Good luck take down the persons name you talk to time and date .Also try and give them at least 2 /3 weeks notice .This way if installs are busy in your area you can get a date near your moving date :tu: :)

Will do :)

Fingy
13-04-2007, 12:56
Take deep breaths, woooo saaaahh a few times whilst on hold and the new Movers Dept should have your move sorted out easily enough.

mercyground
14-04-2007, 21:47
/me puts money on the fact they will a) not re-reg the modem at the new house hence it refusing to get a proper ip.
b) refuse to admit this.

I've helped 3 ppl in the past month with this crap. the 2nd person it took two weeks to sort as they made her reformat her pc as they "dont support 98" and so she lost all her logon details and the new account they setup for her they canceled "as you have an existing account"

She was using the modem via LAN so nothing was needed except the numpties to check the modem but they made her reformat and reinstall and then phone back. She's not impressed at all.

colin-bennett
14-04-2007, 22:07
/me puts money on the fact they will a) not re-reg the modem at the new house hence it refusing to get a proper ip.
b) refuse to admit this.

I've helped 3 ppl in the past month with this crap. the 2nd person it took two weeks to sort as they made her reformat her pc as they "dont support 98" and so she lost all her logon details and the new account they setup for her they canceled "as you have an existing account"

She was using the modem via LAN so nothing was needed except the numpties to check the modem but they made her reformat and reinstall and then phone back. She's not impressed at all.

Very difficult for third part (VM) to support software when software designers (microsoft) no longer support this 9 year old software.

Chris
14-04-2007, 22:51
Very difficult for third part (VM) to support software when software designers (microsoft) no longer support this 9 year old software.

The point is, it was nothing to do with Win98. It didn't need supporting. It judt needed the CSA to do his (her) job properly.

mercyground
14-04-2007, 23:09
Exactly. She was already setup with firewall, AV and all her programs. She didnt need XP. She didnt need the hassle. If she'd phoned me first i'd have been able to save all her work and the hassle it caused. (and the kids complaining all their games are gone)