PDA

View Full Version : 2meg to double in may?

Deano.uk
12-04-2007, 20:58
can anyone confirm this as a guy in retentions told me this today.

also would 4meg be increasing too if this is the case?

Bill C
12-04-2007, 21:07
can anyone confirm this as a guy in retentions told me this today.

also would 4meg be increasing too if this is the case?

I have heard absolutely nothing about it at work. Its all rumours which have been spread by the man down the pub :LOL:

cimt
12-04-2007, 21:07
Yeah a mate of mine was told all the speeds were changing. And he only phoned up today.

wolfman
12-04-2007, 21:14
I've been told (from a good source) that in may the following will happen:

2 will become 4
4 will become 8 or 10
10 will become 20

Graham M
12-04-2007, 21:37
We both know the same Man Down the Pub then wolfman, :welcome: to CF btw :)

cliffyboro
12-04-2007, 22:39
I was on the phone today with virgin and they said 4mb will be changing to 10mb. They didn't say anything about 2mb to 4mb but then, I didn't ask.

Hey Craig :wavey:

stu8975
12-04-2007, 22:56
well i received a letter a couple of weeks back stating that my 10meg was being upgraded to 20meg as of 1st may for a couple of quid more, but it didnt mention any other speed upgrades...i would imagine 10meg users will be upgraded first then the rest shortly afterwards, just like they did for the last upgrade.

Deano.uk
12-04-2007, 23:17
the reason i bring this up is that i upgraded to a retention package with 4 meg, and they didnt upgrade me, and i had 2meg still, so when i rung up they said "you must of misinterpreted the guy, as 2meg will be 4meg from next month", after a bit more talking they realised they put my tv on a higher package an internet on a lower one so now im on 4meg.
however... if 2meg is being upgraded to 4 next month... surely a 4meg upgrade is coming too?

any employees heard anything solid about this?

watch this space?

:welcome: Craig... this is a great forum so far :)

prawncocktail
13-04-2007, 07:56
Not to be rude here but I'll repeat what ive said before in other topics about this very same thing...

It is ONLY the 10mb that is getting upgraded. Both 2mb and 4mb are NOT changing, the staff need at least 3 months notice of this and customers at least 30 days and NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING has been announced or decided about this.

Graham M
13-04-2007, 08:04
the staff need at least 3 months notice of this

Hehe I'm sorry but in my experience, this rarely or never happens :erm:

Paul H
13-04-2007, 09:00
Virgin reps and customer service are blatantly lying to people. only the 10Mb will double in May. the other packages are to stay the same.
It amounts to fraud and obtaining monies by deception when they are telling these lies in order to gain money from a person signing up with them, or extending their contract length based on that information.
Come May there will be a lot of cheated customers complaining :Yikes:

danielf
13-04-2007, 09:16
<snip>Great Avatar Paul :tu: :D

Paul H
13-04-2007, 09:19
Thank you Daniel ;)

Agent47
13-04-2007, 22:06
Once Alex Brown confirms it then I will believe, until then its just a case of CS talking tampax.

GeoffW
14-04-2007, 09:42
I'm on 4MB and think its overpriced to compared to what is around on ADSL for the for the price I pay. The service is good, but the price is not competitive.

I think they need to up the speed or drop the price on the 4MB service.

AntiSilence
14-04-2007, 09:46
well i received a letter a couple of weeks back stating that my 10meg was being upgraded to 20meg as of 1st may for a couple of quid more, but it didnt mention any other speed upgrades...i would imagine 10meg users will be upgraded first then the rest shortly afterwards, just like they did for the last upgrade.

I got the same letter yesterday.

KenK
14-04-2007, 21:57
I'm on 4MB and think its overpriced to compared to what is around on ADSL for the for the price I pay. The service is good, but the price is not competitive.

I think they need to up the speed or drop the price on the 4MB service.Preferably both. £25 for a nominal 4Mb/s service is way overpriced, compared to £0 for up to 8Mb/s. I'm not even convinced that the service is good - any speed test I've done has not exceeded 3Mb/s.

Nikesh
14-04-2007, 22:20
I would love to see that 4Mb is getting upgraded in May but it just won't happen. :D

Griffin
15-04-2007, 10:43
I was told on the Thursday 12th by retentions that 4mb is being upgraded to 10mb, this would seem logical as £25 for 4mb is completely over priced.
Even £25 for 10mb looks high compared to some offerings around, but at least its more realistic.

Web-Junkie
16-04-2007, 11:08
And how many times have VM employees posted that only the 10mb is changing. Unless you see the same confirmation from multiple VM employees who post here, it's just RUMOUR not FACT!

I'm on 4mb as well but I'm not holding my breath for any changes that are not planned.

Rapid Dr3am
16-04-2007, 11:19
Hehe I'm sorry but in my experience, this rarely or never happens :erm:

I can agreed with this, we get told when the phone starts ringing about it.

kryogenik
16-04-2007, 13:01
Unless you see the same confirmation from multiple VM employees who post here, it's just RUMOUR not FACT!

I don't care either way. As long as I can browse quickly enough. I don't download very much at all, and my STB won't go much higher than 6MB or something, I'm told.

But if I may play Devil's Advocate for a moment, can I ask why VM employees posting here are to be believed and VM employees speaking on the telephone directly to customers are to be disbelieved?
I don't wish to imply ANYONE is lying however. But why are one lot supposedly correct and the other lot wrong?
I only ask as I rang to downgrade to 2MB today as I don't use the speed and the CS fellow told me I may as well do as 2MB will be 4MB soon (so I'll be on the speed I am/was, but for less money) as all the speeds across the VB Broadband board are being increased.

captain747480
16-04-2007, 15:57
I suppose the point is that VM employees here that are telling us that the speeds won't increase have no incentive to do so whereas the ones that are speaking to people on the phone are likely to be trying to retain or gain subscriptions.

Having said that, I've just got off the phone to CS about adding V+ to my existing subscriptions and switching to the 3 for £30 package in the process. I am currently on Broadband L package but was prepared to go down to the Broadband M package (which is what you get for the 3 for £30 deal) as I'm not a big downloader. I queried whether the M package was going to be upgraded next month and was told that it was only the XL that would change. In the end I stayed on L anyway as the total price for my new package including V+ was the same as I'm paying now without it.:)