PDA

View Full Version : No phone service for 2 days - Derby City area (ex NTL)

dizzi
12-04-2007, 18:27
Just rang customer services (when I found the number that actually worked) and there's a recorded message saying it's a DE21-wide area and that their men are looking into it - but I've had no phone service for 2 days now and was wondering if anyone on here had any insight into what was going on - and didn't really fancy my chances of holding and getting any extra enlightenment from whoever actually answered the call.

(Glad they got rid of over the top Geordie bloke from when you called up NTL tho)

nfs6600
12-04-2007, 20:23
(Glad they got rid of over the top Geordie bloke from when you called up NTL tho)

Whats wrong with geordies like!??? ;)

dizzi
13-04-2007, 08:34
Well still no phone service so rang them up - got some idiot in India expecting me to be able to take a day off at a drop of a hat to get an engineer out (and they rarely show when appointments have been booked as a general rule). Was very unhelpful when I explained that I'm unable to take time off work and basically I'm going to have no phone for well over a week. Kept me on hold for ages and ages too - even knowing I was calling from a mobile phone. Refused to transfer my call to the UK, told me basically I could keep redialling and hope I got someone in the UK whenever I got through.

Very very angry - this company has me pretty much captive because of no BT line and it being rented so I can't get a Sky dish in and they continue to balls it up so completely spectacularly EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE THE MISFORTUNE TO CALL THEM UP.

My broadband works when it feels like it, we have weeks of the TV channel guide not working, last time I called them out the engineer was so rude it was unbelievable and it took 4 appointments and 6 engineers sat in my front room at one point to fix the problem after 2 weeks off service, and the idiots in the India call centres are unhelpful morons.

Sorry - excuse the rant, this is the general level of irritation I feel every time I have the misfortune to call NTL/Telewest/Virgin/Whateverthey'recallingthemselvesthisweek (as far as I'm concerned a turd by any other name is still a great big steaming pile of poo).

vhelper
13-04-2007, 09:21
Hi Dizzi I have sent you a PM

Rapid Dr3am
13-04-2007, 21:00
The geordie bloke had to find another job unfortunately.

All outages are done in Liverpool now.

nfs6600
13-04-2007, 21:16
The geordie bloke had to find another job unfortunately.

All outages are done in Liverpool now.

Are they? Coulda fooled me ;)

Nedkelly
13-04-2007, 23:11
Did you get your phone line fixed ?:)

dizzi
14-04-2007, 01:26
Phone finally back on about lunchtime today - thanks for the help on the site guys :)

Rapid Dr3am
14-04-2007, 16:29
Are they? Coulda fooled me ;)

AFAIK the outage team work from Liverpool. I know most of them running the NTL regions.

nfs6600
14-04-2007, 22:45
AFAIK the outage team work from Liverpool. I know most of them running the NTL regions.

I was actually being sarcastic. Takes them days to spot on outage :(

domo247
18-04-2007, 22:32
I live in Derby, Borrowash.

Postcode DE72 3HG - no problmes with any services ever in fact.

RUSTY
19-04-2007, 15:06
domo247. just up the road from you no probs here in long eaton.