PDA

View Full Version : Same old NTL - 10meg now 2meg after move :(

~nomad~
12-04-2007, 14:16
Hi, I am new to the forum!

Just moved house and transfered my services. This process took an amazing 3hours on the phone! I would have given up but I want the fastest broadband I can get, which means using Virgin of course.

After the engineer had been and installed the services, including a new modem, I ran the Virgin disc and got online. It all seemed a bit slower than before, so I ran a couple speedtests to find I am getting 2meg. I called Virgin and they informed me it must be a tech prob, and put me though to tech support, who told me I was only down as having 2meg, so put me though to customer services!
I was then told my service had been changed to 10meg and it will be fine now, sadly I was at work so didn't have the option of checking it. This call was 30mins all in. Got home at about 1am and tested the connection, surprise surprise its still 2meg. So I called them today. Customer services couldn't sort it, so put me through to tech support. They told me to unplug the modem and wait 2 hours. This seemed like madness to me, I did unplug it, but also went back to customer services, who said that wasn't acceptable. More time on hold. In the end she said that my connection was down as due to be suspended, and she didn't know why, but that might be causing my problems. So she is (apperantly) calling me back tomorrow.

Does any of this sound vauguely pausable? It just sounds like nonsense to me tbh. All I want is my 10meg connection, that I am paying for. And perhaps 4 hours of my life back!

Same old NTL, I was dreading moving my services, and have been proven right again, by their appalling service. :(

Paul H
12-04-2007, 14:22
As I recommend to everyone with a problem of this sort. post in the virginmedia.feedback group, they should be able to see your account and see exactly what's going on. it does sound like you are being fobbed off a bit.

:welcome:

~nomad~
12-04-2007, 14:32
As I recommend to everyone with a problem of this sort. post in the virginmedia.feedback group, they should be able to see your account and see exactly what's going on. it does sound like you are being fobbed off a bit.

:welcome:

excuse my stupidity, how do i do that?

Paul H
12-04-2007, 14:38
It's usenet and news groups. you can access it through Outlook Express and other news readers.
Clicking on this link should open up the group in Outlook Express
news:virginmedia.feedback

See here also http://www.virginmedia.com/toolsservices/newsgroups/

~nomad~
12-04-2007, 14:53
ah I see. Posted it on there too. I doubt anything will come of this, and I will have to make many more calls before this is sorted. If its not resolved in the next couple of days I shall simply make one call, to Sky.:(

Paul H
12-04-2007, 14:58
You get a discount with Sky if you do it online ;)