PDA

View Full Version : A bit of praise!

RexNoctis
11-04-2007, 20:38
I know most people will find this site when things have gone wrong, hence the amount of complaints.

I seem to remember on NTL:Hell there was a section for praise, but (in my drunken state :)) I can't see it.

Would like to relay a quick story to you. I was installing a wireless router for a client on VM, nice quick job I thought. Nope. Put the router in and obtained an IP address but no internet. Could ping google, bbc etc but never got a reply from the website. Eventually bit the bullet and called VM faults.

Took about 90 seconds to get through, explained that I was working for a customer. (Who incidentally was quite security concious and only had either the left or right hand of any bill :banghead:) 3 minutes later I had explained the problem. Still asked me to reboot the modem & router in order as usual, then clicked that the customer had a new modem that wasn't registered. He asked me for the MAC address, 30 seconds later a restart and everything was working!

Easiest and simplest call I've ever had to any helpdesk ever. I wish I'd got the guys name so credit could be given where credit was due.

Cheers, VM (and the Irish guy who helped out!)

Halcyon
11-04-2007, 20:48
It's good to know that there are some people out there that put in 100% and are really helpful. :tu: to these people.

Toto
11-04-2007, 21:07
Yeh, here here. It isn't always the case, but credit where credit is due.

Now, queue the moaners.

tweetypie/8
14-04-2007, 22:37
I know most people will find this site when things have gone wrong, hence the amount of complaints.

I seem to remember on NTL:Hell there was a section for praise, but (in my drunken state :)) I can't see it.

Would like to relay a quick story to you. I was installing a wireless router for a client on VM, nice quick job I thought. Nope. Put the router in and obtained an IP address but no internet. Could ping google, bbc etc but never got a reply from the website. Eventually bit the bullet and called VM faults.

Took about 90 seconds to get through, explained that I was working for a customer. (Who incidentally was quite security concious and only had either the left or right hand of any bill :banghead:) 3 minutes later I had explained the problem. Still asked me to reboot the modem & router in order as usual, then clicked that the customer had a new modem that wasn't registered. He asked me for the MAC address, 30 seconds later a restart and everything was working!

Easiest and simplest call I've ever had to any helpdesk ever. I wish I'd got the guys name so credit could be given where credit was due.

Cheers, VM (and the Irish guy who helped out!)

its a pity there arnt a lot more guys like you,its refreshing to hear someone who appreciates the help of others.by the way you have just put the whingers on the back foot,fair play to you.:tu:

Rik
14-04-2007, 22:44
Im very happy with VM, my service is absolutely 1st class.

The only thing that would make me happier is 20MB :D and thats not far off ;)

zing_deleted
14-04-2007, 22:50
Yeah nice one there has been a few threads lately where people have sung the praises and it is good to see. Its rare to be able to get a balanced viewpoint across to those who do have problems and imo tech has far to many untrained individuals working there which spoils a good job. If VM have to do anything to improve its train their staff to the level of whoever it was the op spoke to and it will be sorted. A faq sheet does not answer everything and most calls to CS specially out of hours all you will get is someone reading a sheet.
:tu: to those who are well trained and do a good job and the rest should push for better training :)

AntiSilence
15-04-2007, 14:48
I've never really had any major issues with ntl/VM. A couple of times there's been the odd hiccup but mainly they've been good and helpful.

Drat
15-04-2007, 15:08
I'll add my 2 penny worth.
I was getting High pings and only 500kbs on a 10 meg connection from the VM game files ftp.
Instead of calling CS I posted on the Blueyonder Highspeed newsgroup. Had a reply in 5 mins, informed me of the high contention ratio. they then ranca few more checks and sent a new config to the modem. Rebooted from their end, job done.
I was back to my normal ping and download speeds. This took 20 mins to resolve.
So well done Virgin Tech support.
My thanks to Sabri and Edward for their great support.

I would suggest using the newsgroup posting as the response appears to better than CS.