PDA

View Full Version : No HI-DEF Signal!

Ben Mearns
11-04-2007, 18:34
Have just had a shiney new black V+ Box installed and whenrthe engineer flicked over to HD mu jaw dropped not because of the amazing sharpness but the oppsite, before i could say "Wait2 he had shot outta the door.

In the settings it wont let me tune into HI-DEF HDMI keeps reverting back to widescreeen and composite settings. I have an HDMI cable asttached and made sure all's conected well, restared, the lot. and nada. With a Sony bravia KDL32V2000 i would like to enjoy some hi-def, has anyone eles had this problem?

gooner4life
11-04-2007, 18:37
Then call VM and get the engineer to come back, will they ever get installations right in this industry? it's the first damn impression a customer gets after deciding to go with you for their entertainment and for the most all companies use outsourced techs to install leaving half done and shoddy jobs.

quadplay
11-04-2007, 18:54
After choosing HDMI, you need to change to the HD input on your TV and follow the instructions on-screen within a certain time. If you don't, the box will assume you chose HD by mistake and switch back so you can choose again!

roddydogs
11-04-2007, 18:59
i had the same problem with my Sharp TV-the secret is as soon as your screen goes blank re-set your TV input to HDMI (this is the TV settings) it wont do it by itself!.. puzzling i know.??:disturbd:

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

After choosing HDMI, you need to change to the HD input on your TV and follow the instructions on-screen within a certain time. If you don't, the box will assume you chose HD by mistake and switch back so you can choose again!

You just beat me!

Charlie Seven
11-04-2007, 21:24
I have had the same problen with my Sony Bravia, and have not been able to solve it. Even forcing the V+ box into HDMI output has not worked - this just resulted in a blank screen

I am currently using component cables to get a HD output, which is of very good quality. "720 wide" seems to give the best picture. I think there must be some sort of incompatability between the V+ box and some Sony Bravia sets.

If you do get your problem sorted, please reply to let me know how you achieved it.

Ben Mearns
11-04-2007, 21:53
Will call VM am not impressed if they cant get their service to work with a high end TV.

spiderplant
11-04-2007, 22:45
Are you pressing the 'text' key within a couple of seconds of switching to HDMI for the first time? Because it'll revert to SCART if you don't.

Alternatively you can select HDMI using the front panel...

Hold in the Stop and Play/Pause buttons on the front panel, and press Reset. Keep Stop and Play/Pause held in until the display says 'boot'.
After a few seconds the display should say 'outpt'. Press the Fast Forward button several times until the display says 'Hdrni', then press OK.
Wait for the V+ to reboot.

Ben Mearns
16-04-2007, 13:35
Thankyou for your replies, i have a fantastic HD pic now, thankyou spiderplant! all i need now is for VM to pull their finger out and gives us Discovery HD and the rest. one other question! does using an optical lead to your Suround sound system make a big difference?

nutellajunkie
16-04-2007, 14:12
Not really, unless you have highly sensitive ears.. By all means, try it :)