Hom3r
09-04-2007, 11:40
Found this on the sky news site

Now whos to to try this for themselves
:drool:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1259767,00.html

zing_deleted
09-04-2007, 12:00
Oh wow a scientific way of getting crispy bacon somehow I never had a problem with this myself

here is my perfect bacon buttie

Take 1 wholegrain baguette

take 4 to 6 slices of back bacon

Pre heat oven to 200

cook back bacon under the grill turning as often as you want so it cooks evenly and as crispy as you like it
Halfway through put baguette in oven
prepare 2 leaves of good crispy lettuce washed 1 tomato sliced thin
when bacon is ready so is the baguette so cut lengthways place bacon along the baguette with tomato and lettuce on top and spread mayo or sauce on top now thats a bacon buttie ;)

bopdude
09-04-2007, 12:27
:drool: bacon butties, well my perfect bacon 'buttie' is smoked bacon, enough rashers to fill a pita bread, topped off with roasted garlic mayo :drool:

zing_deleted
09-04-2007, 12:30
ill have to get you to try one of mine Bop ;)

Russ
09-04-2007, 12:32
2 thick slices of freshly baked bread, apply a layer of butter to each, slap 4 rashers of smoked bacon under the old george foreman, 7 minutes later we're done :D

Hugh
09-04-2007, 12:32
Just some academics/grad students scamming a way to get free bacon butties for a year.....:D

smucks
09-04-2007, 12:41
Oh wow a scientific way of getting crispy bacon somehow I never had a problem with this myself

here is my perfect bacon buttie

Take 1 wholegrain baguette

take 4 to 6 slices of back bacon

Pre heat oven to 200

cook back bacon under the grill turning as often as you want so it cooks evenly and as crispy as you like it
Halfway through put baguette in oven
prepare 2 leaves of good crispy lettuce washed 1 tomato sliced thin
when bacon is ready so is the baguette so cut lengthways place bacon along the baguette with tomato and lettuce on top and spread mayo or sauce on top now thats a bacon buttie ;)

Which reminds me BreakFast after a nice sleep in.

MovedGoalPosts
09-04-2007, 13:21
Now I'm hungry - so much for my diet again :(

Hom3r
09-04-2007, 13:45
:drool: bacon butties, well my perfect bacon 'buttie' is smoked bacon, enough rashers to fill a pita bread, topped off with roasted garlic mayo :drool:

I do this but I use streaky bacon in garlic Pita bread.

I used to used garlic Foccicia bread but they decided to add Rosemary & oinion which I do not like.

lauzjp
09-04-2007, 13:51
:disturbd: sounds nice, but I couldn't eat another thing today - chocolate egg for breakfast, then our neighbour just gave us some stew and dumpings - yum! I'm stuffed. :blush:

mr_bo
09-04-2007, 14:15
My bacon buttie is 3 slices of bread with 2 rashers in the bottom deck and 2 eggs in the top deck both fried in a skillet pan with olive oil of course :)

Roy MM
09-04-2007, 14:28
beer can no good without a ring pull :D

Halcyon
09-04-2007, 18:36
My ideal Bacon Buttie:

1. Get two slices of white thick bread and butter lightly.

2. Put a knob of butter in a sauce pan and chuck in some sliced tomatoes and chopped onions.

3. Add the rashes of bacon and season with salt and pepper and a mini pinch of sugar.

4. Once the bacon begins to get reddish-brown and crispy turn off the heat and pour it all in the bread. Add Ketchup if needed.

5. Eat.

joglynne
09-04-2007, 19:02
My best bacon buttie must be the one I made for the washing machine repairman just before Easter. It got him off his backside and fixing my machine without all the long faces he had been pulling since he arrived and found he would not be having an easy day.

lostandconfused
10-04-2007, 02:15
best bacon buttie, fresh white sliced bread, bacon (grilled) and Tommy sauce, no butter or mayo, nice and simple

TheDaddy
10-04-2007, 02:28
My bacon buttie is 3 slices of bread with 2 rashers in the bottom deck and 2 eggs in the top deck both fried in a skillet pan with olive oil of course :)

Hmm sounds more like a bacon and egg buttie to me :p:, does sound tasty though :drool:

bopdude
10-04-2007, 02:31
Hmm sounds more like a bacon and egg buttie to me :p:, does sound tasty though :drool:

Well seeing as how eggs have reared their heads, think I'll start ' The perfect omelette ' thread :D