PDA

View Full Version : Installation woes

philwolstenholme
07-04-2007, 14:54
I Booked TV and Broadband 25 January, we were told we would have it in 7-10 days.
We were then given an installation date of 22nd February
22nd February came, installation team found they could not install as our council had paved over our cable point – admittedly not Virgin Media’s fault.
The area manager visited, said he would phone us tomorrow
No one phoned on the 23rd. 24th we phoned CS for a new installation date and were given the 27st March as a date, a month longer to wait. At this point our previous TV arrangement had ended so we had no television services. We explained to CS they would need to send a construction team before another installation could take place.
18th of March, our previous broadband service expired, so we are now without TV and the Internet
25th of March: I phoned CS to check that a construction team was booked, was put on hold while CS spoke to Construction then told everything was fine
26th March: received telephone call confirming installation tomorrow, again asked for confirmation that Construction were aware of our issue, was told it would all go ahead as planned. That even phoned to confirm again, just in case, and was told everything would go ahead fine.
27th March: one installer arrived, no construction team. Installer said he would ring his boss who would ring me (he never did).
No phone call. 1pm rang CS, CS apologised, said something had gone wrong with construction… Promised another phone call back that never came.
2pm rang CS again, CS told me they would investigate then phone me back
2.15 CS phoned back, told us that the issue was with construction who would email him then he would phone us back
More and more phone calls took place for about a week, never with any result.
2nd April: phoned top level complaints, asked for moved forward installation date. Told we might be able to get one after the 10th
4th April: top level complaints department phoned back, nothing to tell us, no dates set yet as construction not responding
5th April: Complaints waiting to hear from Construction, they are not giving Complaints the date for digging up our pavement - apparently it’s “not they way we do it”
6th April: again, no news, but we will be phoned back on Monday.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to deal with Virgin Media, for example postal addresses of senior employers, email addresses that are actually replied to. At the moment I'm having to check my emails etc at internet cafes and on my phone which is less than ideal. If we dont get the internet back until the 25th April then that will have been more than a quarter of a year since we booked with Virgin.