PDA

View Full Version : Broadband availbilty - north london

kingpin
05-04-2007, 22:44
does anyone have information as to when broadband suddenly became available in the harrow area? for years we have been on BT, an an ADSL service provider - and every couple of months i phoned up NTL and asked weather broadband was available. It took so long, I eventually worked as a customer service rep in swansea (couple of years ago).
Now since this switchover, entering my post code on the virgin website advises that broadband is available here, and even the sales guy says the same. i don't believe them - could anyone here advise as to weather its true, and what kind they are offering? I'm a little out of date with the current services - are they going through with ADSL broadband in new area? any info is appreciated.

dcclanuk
05-04-2007, 23:14
does anyone have information as to when broadband suddenly became available in the harrow area? for years we have been on BT, an an ADSL service provider - and every couple of months i phoned up NTL and asked weather broadband was available. It took so long, I eventually worked as a customer service rep in swansea (couple of years ago).
Now since this switchover, entering my post code on the virgin website advises that broadband is available here, and even the sales guy says the same. i don't believe them - could anyone here advise as to weather its true, and what kind they are offering? I'm a little out of date with the current services - are they going through with ADSL broadband in new area? any info is appreciated.

I live in Wembley, HA0, and I have had ntl/VM bband for over a year now... had it since last Feb i think:D

quadplay
05-04-2007, 23:17
The upgrade programme has been getting more funding over the last year or so, so they've been able to get more areas return-path enabled. Yours is probably one of the ones which have been done!

kingpin
05-04-2007, 23:24
cheers for the info - just out of interest tho, is the broadband service you're using via a cable modem, or thru ASDL on an ntl line? I'm looking up the current options that virgin are offering, and am just wondering if the ADSL service they have is strictly for non-cabled areas.

yer nice one
07-04-2007, 14:25
So are NTL/Virgin laying new cable down un-cabled streets? or are they upgrading the old cable in the areas that could not get digital and cable broadband before -

Just wondering as NTL said many years ago that it was too expensive.

quadplay
08-04-2007, 10:17
For the most part, the old network's being upgraded/tidied up