PDA

View Full Version : hotels in bath

stamp92
05-04-2007, 12:36
i want to get away this weekend to bath and need some help from peeps on here to chose the right hotel.

can anyone here recommend a good hotel in bath for a couple. i dont want something as expensive as the hilton ie £100 a night and i dont want something really cheap that will make you wish you stayed at home ie £35 a night. i'm looking for something in between abt 60-80 a night. ive done a search on google and had a look at a few places but they are either too cheap or too expensive or fully booked. ive tried one of these websites that searches lots of hotels in bath but i havent found something i like

i want something as close to city centre as possible coz im going to bath by train and a hotel perhaps which has some history and character to it

any suggestions plz

Vlad_Dracul
05-04-2007, 12:50
Your best bet would be to go along to http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/, read recommendations and sort out a deal...

orangebird
05-04-2007, 13:00
i want to get away this weekend to bath and need some help from peeps on here to chose the right hotel.

can anyone here recommend a good hotel in bath for a couple. i dont want something as expensive as the hilton ie £100 a night and i dont want something really cheap that will make you wish you stayed at home ie £35 a night. i'm looking for something in between abt 60-80 a night. ive done a search on google and had a look at a few places but they are either too cheap or too expensive or fully booked. ive tried one of these websites that searches lots of hotels in bath but i havent found something i like

i want something as close to city centre as possible coz im going to bath by train and a hotel perhaps which has some history and character to it

any suggestions plz
On that budget, and this late in the day (it being easter weekend and all...), you've not got much chance IMO. Have you tried activehotels.co.uk or laterooms.co.uk?

Vlad_Dracul
05-04-2007, 15:26
On that budget, and this late in the day (it being easter weekend and all...), you've not got much chance IMO. Have you tried activehotels.co.uk or laterooms.co.uk?
Hmm,didnt read the full postings,,maybe http://www.laterooms.com would be more appropriate although i don't think cheap and Easter break go hand in hand,unless your talking about cheeping easter chicks..

Gareth
05-04-2007, 16:33
Bath is extremely popular with tourists from America and Japan... good luck finding anywhere at such short notice.

As for hotels... dunno, I grew up not far from Bath, and even now it's only a quick hop down the M4 from Swindon, so I've never had to stay in any hotels there.

However, this is a good opportunity to plug a café/bar that is run by a friend of mine... Bonghy Bo (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=bonghy-bo&near=Bath&radius=0.0&latlng=51381443,-2357483,10039278485589113144&sa=X&oi=local&ct=authority&cd=1)

Halcyon
07-04-2007, 11:01
Another vote for www.tripadvisor.co.uk

You can specify your price range, read reviews from people that have stayed there and often see their photo's that give you a more realistic idea of the place than what the hotel marketing team post up.
You can then find the best price.