PDA

View Full Version : Dying Hair Black

FV2007
03-04-2007, 22:56
I would like to dye my hair with a permenant black hair dye. Could anyone recommend any products?

Are there any that are not messy? Thanks

molly
03-04-2007, 23:00
clairol ....herbal essence

Tezcatlipoca
03-04-2007, 23:01
Be careful!

I dyed my hair when I was at uni (10 years ago :erm:).

Looked OK at first, but then faded after a while & turned ginger! :eek:

Can't remember the brand...

Have a Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_coloring

lauzjp
04-04-2007, 03:52
nutrisse (or however its spelled) is quite good, it used to smell lovely too, but last time I used it it smelled kinda banana-like?

look for the brand that has different shades of black, I think its 100% or Live colour - they are my faves. :tu:

I generally get whatever hair dye is on offer, be it in boots, wilko, or superdrug! :blush:

Russ
04-04-2007, 06:11
Rub some vaseline around your hairline and ears otherwise the skin will be dyed too.

skyblueheroes
04-04-2007, 07:37
Don't do it ! Black never looks good.

Nugget
04-04-2007, 08:42
Looked OK at first, but then faded after a while & turned ginger! :eek:

And what exactly's wrong with that :fit:

:D

joglynne
04-04-2007, 08:56
HI FV2007,

Could I ask a personal question, Why do you want to dye your hair black?

My son did his when he first went to Uni. When he decided to go back to his original blond, some 3 years later, he ended up as a skin head for weeks-(suits some I know, but unfortunately not him). Growing it out gave an the comic effect of his hair floating above his head.:Yikes:
Jo

orangebird
04-04-2007, 08:56
Don't do it - black hair only looks good on those that were born with it... :erm:

Leeds_Tykes_RFU
09-04-2007, 12:35
I just wish I had some hair to dye these days! :bigcry:

Russ
09-04-2007, 13:45
That doesn't stop me :disturbd:

Marge
09-04-2007, 13:49
Don't do it, when your natural hair starts growing you could end up with a nightmare scenario of light roots and black hair :eek: (Says me who has just dyed her hair red :erm: )

lauzjp
09-04-2007, 13:55
Don't do it, when your natural hair starts growing you could end up with a nightmare scenario of light roots and black hair :eek: (Says me who has just dyed her hair red :erm: )

I find it very hard to resist the temptation to tell people when they need their roots doing! teehee. :blush: says she with 2 inch dark roots and light brown / red-ish length that needs re-doing badly!

SnoopZ
09-04-2007, 15:07
I find it very hard to resist the temptation to tell people when they need their roots doing! teehee. :blush: says she with 2 inch dark roots and light brown / red-ish length that needs re-doing badly!

Pics please. ;)

jtwn
09-04-2007, 15:45
If you are Ginger don't dye, nothing suits gingers, maybe blonde if you are lucky. Just be resigned to the fact you are ginger fo life ;) :D

Jules
09-04-2007, 17:28
I just wish I had some hair to dye these days! :bigcry:

Just think of the money you save on shampoo and you never have a bad hair day ;)

joglynne
09-04-2007, 18:46
If you are Ginger don't dye, nothing suits gingers, maybe blonde if you are lucky. Just be resigned to the fact you are ginger fo life ;) :D

I'm ginger,I like being ginger, I was black haired but didn't appreciate going grey in my 20s.:Yikes: Even my family now think I am naturally ginger. They even comment that I must have inherited it from Aunt Lavinia. Unfortunately I never met the woman before she passed away, maybe she is my spirit guide. :angel:
There has to be a joke there somewhere, died/dying, but it would probably be in bad taste so I won't go looking for it.

lauzjp
09-04-2007, 20:43
I got a few white hairs in my early 20's - most disturbing. I now have more than a few, and I must have tried every hair dye going - nothing covers it for long! *sigh*

superbiatch
09-04-2007, 20:48
I got a few white hairs in my early 20's - most disturbing. I now have more than a few, and I must have tried every hair dye going - nothing covers it for long! *sigh*

Stress is the key to grey hairs IMO :dozey:

When i divorced, they came almost daily and hair started falling out :erm: The important thing is to stay as stress free as possible, and to learn to deal with things in the best way possible - preferably before they start sprouting through :)

zing_deleted
09-04-2007, 20:57
Im ginga and over the years a few things have become apparent... Everyone calls me the same names and each person thinks they are the first (well they are pratts) and second those who take the rise out of the hair colour of someone else have there own feelings of inadequacy and need someone who stands out to mock in the vain attempt it will make them feel better in there own sad lives ;)

Nugget
10-04-2007, 08:29
Im ginga and over the years a few things have become apparent... Everyone calls me the same names and each person thinks they are the first (well they are pratts) and second those who take the rise out of the hair colour of someone else have there own feelings of inadequacy and need someone who stands out to mock in the vain attempt it will make them feel better in there own sad lives ;)

I've never understood why people take the mickey out of ginger hair (well, apart from the increased likelihood of going bright red at the merest hint of sun ;) ). Let's face it, it's not like we can do a lot about it...

zing_deleted
10-04-2007, 09:23
They are jealous simple as that we have something that makes us stand out and they are just plain hehehehehehe :)

joglynne
10-04-2007, 14:57
Well said zinglebarb.:cleader: Gingers of the world unite:cleader:

lauzjp
17-04-2007, 17:16
I just dyed my hair, took two packs of 100%, Anton's help, and we still missed bits! gah! :rolleyes:

Maggy
17-04-2007, 17:56
I like red heads..especially with green eyes..:naughty:

I would like to suggest to the OP that getting your hair dyed should be something you leave to an expert.Amateurs usually screw it up.If the professional screws up you can sue them and get them to put it right.So go consult a hairdresser.:tu:

lauzjp
17-04-2007, 21:48
Amateurs usually screw it up. :o:

blimmin heck coggy, I didn't think we'd done that bad a job... its only a few strands! :shrug: thank gawd there are no before / after / during pictures! hair dye is a bugger when it stains the bathroom :rolleyes:

Nugget
17-04-2007, 22:09

Well, my eyes are mostly green ;)

Now I've got to make sure I'm at the next meet :naughty:

Maggy
17-04-2007, 22:37
Well, my eyes are mostly green

Strange! I'd would have called 'em bloodshot myself. ;)

Nugget
17-04-2007, 22:42
Strange! I'd would have called 'em bloodshot myself. ;)

Yeah, but only the white bits - the iris is still pretty green(ish) :D

popper
17-04-2007, 22:54

it looks a bit odd when you get an eye infection and one turns red though ;)

i say if you have grey or white hair, its cool , keep it...., it means you've have your stress and things can only get better :disturbd:

iv got a white beard but its a little mousy in places so i need to get me some more stress to balance it out :Yikes: