PDA

View Full Version : Installation Checklist

EssCee
01-04-2007, 23:20
Greetings,
i currently have my phone and BB through VM. I decided to give Sky the 'heave-ho' and gone for the £85 VIP package. Now, they are coming to install on the 10th.

When the engineer has installed everything what should I be checking for on the STB and V+ box (functions, pairing, VOD, 119/RedButton) to ensure they are all working correctly?

I know VOD will be on the V+ box, but should i be checking the STB also?
Has anybody got a definitive list of things to test/try?

Should I get the engineer to completely setup the V+ before moving onto the STB install?

(So many questions)

Regards,
Simon.

valor
01-04-2007, 23:32
Beware ..all is not as Rosy as it seems..{So many questions) turns out to be none answered..then ..(So many more Questions)???..Heh!!

nopcode
02-04-2007, 00:44
You could chain the installer up in the basement until everything works, :)

My v+ install went perfectly, the very nice and helpful installer sat next to my new 32" lcd and waited for all the channels to come online, he even waited till bbc hd came online (took about 20 mins for all the channels to appear in the guide) to show me the HD goodness, bless him.

He also made me laugh when he saw the state of the old pace box and almost swore. Then said he will pass it on to someone else when they need a box. Joking I hope :)

Im 99.9% sure it will all go smoothly for you.

I do like having hours of programs recorded in V+ that I can watch when theres nothing else worth watching, like at 3am after a hard night on the town.

best wishes.