PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare on V+ street

mrmysterious1972
01-04-2007, 20:19
had tv drive installed while it was on trial thought it was great but after loads of teething problems i sent it back.however to give it another chance i ordered the now called v+ box 5 weeks ago and had it installed last wednesday.engineer told me there was a problem with the channels coming through he he said it could take a couple of hours.took him at face value and waited for the two hours to pass and when they werent through i rang cs and told them.they stated that id have to wait 24 hours before they could come on,they promised me faithfully that by thursday tea time it would be on.

guess what,THEY WERENT,rang em back up and they passed me through to faults there they said they would send a email or something to second level and depending on time they get it i should have service friday.gave em til dinnertime friday then rang up.told em that when i looked throught the techinical stuff,the screen said the card wasnt paired.cs told me it didnt matter,rang em again( cs)rang again and told them yet again card wasnt paired,again told it wouldnt affect the box.so i rang faults and told them the same thing.she said i was right to call and she took card n umber and box number and she said she would sort it.she then said she had to transfer me to someone who knew about this stuff.nice lad told me it would take about 6 day(i asked him to repeat)again he said 6 days.i kinda lost me rag and rang retentions and guess what,they passed me over to ex telewest(liverpool i think as he had a scouse accent?) and they couldnt even find my postcode and even accused me of having bt.as if i didnt know the difference ,as i was stating to him that i wasnt thick and if it was bt then why did i have a v+ box in my sitting room with vm stamped on it old ntl blue modem,he then hung up.lost my rag at this point and i rang house movers ,explained the problem i had in detail and told them that theres no way these products will be going with me when i move..so now 30 days notice is given.

i dont regret been hacked off but i shouldnt have to put up with imcompetance and passed over to people time and time again.i just want the services i pay for

please can anyone help cause i have this box here and its not worked since wednesday and no one seems interested in helping me :(
all i want is my tv drive on is that too much to ask

NTLVictim
01-04-2007, 23:00
Got a South facing wall?

valor
01-04-2007, 23:18
Got a South facing wall?
:confused: What?????... Cables dont know the difference...Apparently some people dont know either...

MovedGoalPosts
02-04-2007, 01:03
I can understand your frustration, but loosing your rag on the phone is not going to get a decent response from whoever is answering your call.

The card and STB have to be paired, with these details being registered on Virgin Media's servers. That STB then has to be registered to your account, and location.

If they aren't there is no way the STB will receive the subscribed channels. It's a simple enough issue, and regrettably far too common, that the pairings aren't recorded properly before boxes are even sent out on the installers vans. It's even more ridiculous that CS / faults or whoever is answering the phones don't know the procedures to resolve this. However the pairing isn't something that front line services resolve, they do have to take your details and get those forwarded and entered by backroom staff. But 6 days sounds silly.

Try calling once more, patiently, and let us know the outcome.

mrmysterious1972
02-04-2007, 07:04
thanks rob, normally i dont lose it but after that much bull in a short space of time its really hard not to,but no probs ill ring again today after college and ill let you know whats said

thanx
lee:)

NTLVictim
02-04-2007, 08:40
:confused: What?????... Cables dont know the difference...Apparently some people dont know either...

The South facing wall was for a dish....problem over.:)

TheBlueRaja
02-04-2007, 08:47
The South facing wall was for a dish....problem over.:)

Seconded!

mrmysterious1972
02-04-2007, 14:03
I can understand your frustration, but loosing your rag on the phone is not going to get a decent response from whoever is answering your call.

The card and STB have to be paired, with these details being registered on Virgin Media's servers. That STB then has to be registered to your account, and location.

If they aren't there is no way the STB will receive the subscribed channels. It's a simple enough issue, and regrettably far too common, that the pairings aren't recorded properly before boxes are even sent out on the installers vans. It's even more ridiculous that CS / faults or whoever is answering the phones don't know the procedures to resolve this. However the pairing isn't something that front line services resolve, they do have to take your details and get those forwarded and entered by backroom staff. But 6 days sounds silly.

Try calling once more, patiently, and let us know the outcome.

hiya

rob can u email me on the email on my account please as i have some private info reguarding the problem i have,since i dont want to start naming names on here.thanks in advance

lee;)

MovedGoalPosts
02-04-2007, 15:26
You can send information to me via PM on the forum. PM's are confidential between recipient and sender and can't be accessed by anyone else (at least that's the case on Cable Forum - I know there are some boards that have hacks installed that might allow admins to view PMs.)

mrmysterious1972
02-04-2007, 17:45
:) done that thanks rob;)

mrmysterious1972
03-04-2007, 07:36
day 6 of this and still not working really starting to get tired of thisdoes anyone have the telephone number for the executives office in vm please??

mrmysterious1972
03-04-2007, 16:33
day 6 of this and still not working really starting to get tired of thisdoes anyone have the telephone number for the executives office in vm please??

for gods sake its still not on,can a member of staff on here help me please its a week tomorrow and im really starting to get stressed over this now.:(

TheBlueRaja
03-04-2007, 18:12
Good old NTL CS at it again eh...

Everyone here says their fantastic - surely you must be wrong.

www.sky.co.uk - go on - give in, tell them Branson sent you...

mrmysterious1972
03-04-2007, 18:14
as we speak things may be progressing...hope so(keeps fingers crossed)

NTLVictim
03-04-2007, 19:05
Kudos to the damage limitation volunteers, but isn't the service level and time scale in this case frankly appalling? It isn't the only one is it, how about some honesty??

Can anyone please just tell us why this stuff happens??

Murdoch's boys must be laughing their guts out, and picking up punters left, right and centre!

mrmysterious1972
04-04-2007, 08:46
frankly the only reason im staying is that generally virgin media v+ when its working is excellent.will be fantastic when all the bugs are ironed out,well any channels at all would be good for me at first:rolleyes: im glad that this is getting noticed and nothing is seeming to be getting done. lets hope that ill have it workin by 4pm tomorrow its already cost em £30 off me bill and ive already told vm that if its not done by tomorrow pm, then im witholding all payments and im going to the papers

can rob or any moderator let me know if this has been passed on to any of their contacts in vm.im been told nothing,i know you are all busy and volunteers n stuff,but i came to this forum for help and im not seeming to be getting much in the way of that

cheers
rant over
lee