PDA

View Full Version : Virgin on-demand

Alexx
31-03-2007, 11:14
Has anyone noticed a drop in speed recently. I have. I have a 10Mbps connection which works at around 0.5Mbps at peak times. This has only been the case in the last couple of weeks. Not surprisingly, i ring up in the evening and Virgin India are dumbfounded and can't tell me if my network is over-subscribed. Could this be something to do with Virgin offering their on-demand service. Is this using extra bandwidth?
:dozey:

Toto
31-03-2007, 12:20
Has anyone noticed a drop in speed recently. I have. I have a 10Mbps connection which works at around 0.5Mbps at peak times. This has only been the case in the last couple of weeks. Not surprisingly, i ring up in the evening and Virgin India are dumbfounded and can't tell me if my network is over-subscribed. Could this be something to do with Virgin offering their on-demand service. Is this using extra bandwidth?
:dozey:

I'm almost positive it has nothing to do with the On-Demand service, but that significant drop in speed is alarming.:Yikes:

Usual advice, try rebooting PC, or drop into Safe mode with networking and see if the problem goes away, this could indicate some sort of problem with software such as AV or firewall.

Some speed tests at those times may be good, along with your location, maybe some tech bods may be able to help. :)

Oh and :welcome: to the forum.

Alexx
31-03-2007, 14:41
...I'm pretty good technically. The problem is external to my property. Off peak (midnight) download speed is around 800Mbps. Peak=50. When I call at night i get through to India, and they are pretty useless. They say they will report the problem to their technical people, but nothing happens. Daytime: I can't get through to Virgin Media as they are "experiencing a high call rate". Presumably people complaining that their service sucks.
:td: