PDA

View Full Version : PTR Records? & Extra IP'S

eth01
30-03-2007, 19:39
Hey!
Im on VM'S cable 10mbit service, i was wondering is it possible to change the PTR record with VM ? as apose to it being "IP-.-.-.*.cable.ntl.com", effectively using my own domain pointing towards VM'S servers??

Next question... :)

What are there rules on extra IP'S i guess this is really not going to be suitable in there eyes for a home setup hence the fact im asking you guys?

Bill C
30-03-2007, 19:44
Hey!
Im on VM'S cable 10mbit service, i was wondering is it possible to change the PTR record with VM ? as apose to it being "IP-.-.-.*.cable.ntl.com", effectively using my own domain pointing towards VM'S servers??

Next question... :)

What are there rules on extra IP'S i guess this is really not going to be suitable in there eyes for a home setup hence the fact im asking you guys?

Sorry but what you are asking is not possible on a residential service. Virgin do not supply more than 1 ip and cannot change your record.

eth01
30-03-2007, 19:52
damn! Anyway round it i know that probably sounds a really silly question to ask? I was thinking a VPN solution ( its only to mask my real connection name, without using proxies, or some other type of slow service )