PDA

View Full Version : Online gaming...

Meatbag
30-03-2007, 11:21
Well i've been trying to setup a private game in GT Legends & GTR with my brother who is also with VM. Neither of us are able to join each others game...

Has this got something to do with being behind a proxy? I thought this was only for browsing...I can't seem to find any similar incidents, which is why i'm resorting to asking...

Oh yeah, i was able to do it before when i was with Nildram...

Thanks in advance

Locky
30-03-2007, 11:22
have you tryed connecting directly to ip ? OR do you both use the same serial numbers for the games ?

Meatbag
30-03-2007, 11:27
Nah we both have a copy....tried direct connect and a public (passworded) game...

Unfortunately there aren't enough players anymore, so i can't even check if anyone else can connect...I'm pretty convinced though it's a vm issue as we can both join other games and we've done the same thing previously...

Locky
30-03-2007, 11:32
also sounds like a VM issue to me as well, i suggest phoneing cs (dont waste ur time with indians) and see what they say

Hex
30-03-2007, 11:59
When you say he is also with VM, I'm assuming you're at different locations with different connections. If so do you both have routers?
If the answer is yes, are they set up to forward the correct ports?

Meatbag
30-03-2007, 12:18
Yeah we're in different locations, both have routers with the necessary ports forwarded...

Will call VM once they come out and fix my phone line :(

Limmer
30-03-2007, 12:28
You could also have a look at this VPN style app which seems like it is designed for gamers.

http://www.hamachi.cc/