PDA

View Full Version : Dual-Flashing lights in Coventry??

HDFootyMan
28-03-2007, 14:28
Okay, this is bugging the **** outta me.

Now and then, the online light on my TV Drive starts to flash.

When it starts flashing, the 'ready' light on my stand-alone cable modem (in a seperate room) also starts to flash.

So, when I see the light flashing on my TV Drive, that means no VOD, and no broadband connection. After a few hours, the TV Drive's online light stops flashing and at the same time, so does the cable modem's ready light.

:confused:

This has been happening for me more and more often over the last 3 months or so. Is it just me, or is this happening for other people in the Coventry area? It happended last night and as I left for work today, the TV Drive light was flashing away. Christ knows if I will be able to get online to read any replies to this thread later tonight.

The girlfriend is NOT happy about this, and neither am I. My broadband service (rock solid in the NTL days) is now hit and miss. What on earth is going on???

I've rang faults who said they would give me a call-back (still waiting for that), and they recommended that I phoned Broadband faults - but clearly this seems to be issue with the signal coming into my home, or a local server fault at the headend maybe?

Is this happening for anyone else? (Mods, I've put this thread in general cos 2 of my services are at fault here).

Druchii
28-03-2007, 14:43
Probably a signal issue dude, in which case broadband faults would be able to diagnose this with an engineer callout. For both of them to be questioning whether they are online or not at the same time spells issue with the cable... Or, signal.

That callback won't happen by the way, get them rung on 151 as soon as you can. (Free, puts you through to faults)

HDFootyMan
28-03-2007, 14:54
Probably a signal issue dude, in which case broadband faults would be able to diagnose this with an engineer callout. For both of them to be questioning whether they are online or not at the same time spells issue with the cable... Or, signal.

Yeah, it being the cable (or a signal issue) makes sense to me. The faults guy I was talking to last night was saying "its probably coincidence" that the cable and TV drive lights are flashing on and off at the same time. Yeah, right.

I just hope I get through to faults tonight before the footy. :)

tweetiepooh
29-03-2007, 12:51
Yeah, it being the cable (or a signal issue) makes sense to me. The faults guy I was talking to last night was saying "its probably coincidence" that the cable and TV drive lights are flashing on and off at the same time. Yeah, right.

I just hope I get through to faults tonight before the footy. :)

Personally I'd be surprised if both lights didn't flash for a fault like this. Both devices are connected to the same link so if that link fails both go. If it's a quick down/up I guess one may be more tolerant so not need to reconnect.

HDFootyMan
29-03-2007, 22:31
Personally I'd be surprised if both lights didn't flash for a fault like this. Both devices are connected to the same link so if that link fails both go. If it's a quick down/up I guess one may be more tolerant so not need to reconnect.

Well I'll find out Monday when the Engineer comes around. Just hope he can get it sorted.