PDA

View Full Version : Moving house with net connection/VM advice

JASYMORRI
28-03-2007, 09:10
Hi everyone,

Was pointed in the direction of this site hopefully someone can give me a few pointers. I'm currently with NTL/Virgin on 4 meg broadband & the phone talk evenings & weekends. Have Sky TV as well. Have went sale agreed on our current house and have just agreed the sale on our move to another house obviously in an NTL enabled area in Belfast. I def plan to keep VM as my net supplier.

With regards to the move how much notice do I need to give to cancel at my current address and how soon will my net go off? I've read some of the deals quoted on here with regards to broadband obviously I'm going to try the same, what is the best number to ring on or will I have to cancellations for my current address and then take it from there?

Also to combine this and I know it aint the right section I've seen the various ads and read some websites about the various offers going about and losing Sky 1 is a bummer to me as I love Lost & 24. Def want to keep NTL broadband and I've noticed the ads claiming basic TV and box. What does this give you I know it aint the premium Sky channels but whats this about V+ and the like is it the basic form of this? ? Also with the offers at the mo can I play the Sky issue with regards to a cheaper broadband move with NTL? Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks!