PDA

View Full Version : was becoming vm a good idea

xspeedyx
27-03-2007, 21:19
i have seen an increase in complaints against vm has the service been that bad for lots of ppl just wondering as my serv been fine but even my bro gettin **** bbi speeds?

cimt
27-03-2007, 21:21
Nothing has changed for me really. Well not badly, imo it is improving alot. So I think it was a good idea.

m.massey
27-03-2007, 21:50
Yes it need it to take on SKY , i think give it time and it will get better

nicke261192
27-03-2007, 21:53
I think it would be good if Sky and Virgin Media merged (I know there are better chances of me becoming a flying pig). Virgin Media could offer Satalite and Cable TV! :O

Nikesh
27-03-2007, 21:54
Yeah it was definitely a great idea! Sky are now worried about Virgin Media because they haven't really had much of a competition before.

jkat
27-03-2007, 21:55
richard thought it was abrilliant idea lol.

Toto
27-03-2007, 21:57
Yes, it is now the biggest Virgin company, and since merging has the clout to compete.

Whether it will continue to grow and shake off its premerger image is still to be seen, but the sign appear to show that it wants to.

Efour
27-03-2007, 23:54
let them roll out 20mbit properly

Let the TV on demand service mature and air some decent stuff.

So far all ive seen is a loss of sky one and a few other channels i actually liked and a massive hit to my broadband performance. not impressive really.

My BB area is now listed as a Blackzone meaning its saturated and when asked when an upgrade is planned, there isnt a date. Great.

I am not at all suprised to see that this drop in service on my BB corolates almost directly to when VM took over... I honsestly dont think its an influx of customers but a cut on bandwidth costs.

Im staying for 3 months because my contract runs out then, i complained and am paying less for it but its unusable peak hours as it is.

Hopefully the 20mbit roll out will mean the entire area will get a infrastructure upgrade, heaven knows it will need it as i say it cant cope now. :td:

xspeedyx
28-03-2007, 11:23
I like vm and my serv great but as i work for them i have seen an increase in complaints

Kellargh
28-03-2007, 11:27
Yeah I've seen an increase in complaints, but for the simple reason that because people see it as 'Virgin Media' and not 'NTL', it's easy for them to believe that due to the name, we're ten times better due to their already outstanding customer service. We're still the same company, a name change does not change anything...apart from this stupid argument with SKY.

Paul H
28-03-2007, 11:30
Hopefully the 20mbit roll out will mean the entire area will get a infrastructure upgrade, heaven knows it will need it as i say it cant cope now. :td:

In a nutshell he said that Jarrow UBR had never had the 10Mb upgrade and that now there are more users it can't cope with the output!

:D :D :D

prawncocktail
28-03-2007, 11:54
definately, the change of name and culture is a big one, a very big one and will take several years to get right (an average re-brand of a company takes between 3 and 5 years) but things are starting to improve...you have to remember ntl and telewest have been one company for 1 year now, march 2006 and they bought virgin mobile around oct/nov time so everything has been working together for a short while now, only the name changed on feb 8th year... the rest had been ongoing for a while,

so i think the 'my problems started happening around the time virgin "took over"' posts are coincindental as nothing changed apart from the name at that time, also people expect more instantly because it is a virgin company, so although nothing has changed, peoples perceptions have...

NTLVictim
28-03-2007, 14:24
definately, the change of name and culture is a big one, a very big one and will take several years to get right (an average re-brand of a company takes between 3 and 5 years) but things are starting to improve...you have to remember ntl and telewest have been one company for 1 year now, march 2006 and they bought virgin mobile around oct/nov time so everything has been working together for a short while now, only the name changed on feb 8th year... the rest had been ongoing for a while,

so i think the 'my problems started happening around the time virgin "took over"' posts are coincindental as nothing changed apart from the name at that time, also people expect more instantly because it is a virgin company, so although nothing has changed, peoples perceptions have...

Very true, but; this particular brand stretching venture hasn't got the luxury of 3 to 5 years.
If it doesn't perform, it goes.
Anyone got a bottle of Virgin vodka? Anyone wearing Virgin jeans? Virgin cola is cheaper than the 2 brand leaders, but is still at the bottom of the sales charts. Virgin energy? gone.
Virgin brands are sold on the overall perception of the group (it is a perceptive brand rather than a real one), and if one stretch brings the others down by having a bad rep (ie ntl's rough as a bears' **** service), it will go the same way as all the others, Branson won't be able to do otherwise, it will risk the entire group if he does.

The clock is ticking.

tweetypie/8
29-03-2007, 12:08
I think it would be good if Sky and Virgin Media merged (I know there are better chances of me becoming a flying pig). Virgin Media could offer Satalite and Cable TV! :O

if they do i will fly along with you :D